FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Spinmax for Dignics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinmax for Dignics
    Posted: 10/31/2022 at 9:39am
My 09c pretty much has 0 tack now and is playing more like 05 unfortunately... which is not what I want in a FH rubber in general. Has anyone tried applying spinmax for Dignics rubbers?
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2022 at 10:47am
So is it true the low durability of D09C? 
Because D05 is the opposite, it lasts a long time showing no decrease in performance.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2022 at 10:49am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Because D05 is the opposite, it lasts a long time showing no decrease in performance.

The tackiness doesn't last all that long imo... D05 is indeed much better in durability imo 
-------
Viscaria

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2022 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I have D09c on my FH and I can attest to the fact that the tackiness and even the gloss on the sheet did not last for more than a month. It is perhaps one of the worst one when it comes to durability of the overall performance itself. I had to boost it a couple of times to revive it.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2022 at 3:42pm
I've used it for about a month and the tack is gone as well. Still plays pretty well though, the topsheet is grippy and the sponge still has the characteristic soft touch with passive shots and nice speed and spin with power shots. I have an old bottle of Spinmax lying around somewhere, I can give it a try later today, but I doubt it'll make much difference as it was only mildly tacky to begin with. 
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 4:04am
if the spinmax doesn't bring back the 09c  tack try olive oil on the topsheet,this worked well for Rakza z
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2022 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

if the spinmax doesn't bring back the 09c  tack try olive oil on the topsheet,this worked well for Rakza z

I actually did that once already and it worked, maybe I should try it again....
-------
Viscaria

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 4:52pm
I applied some Spinmax, didn't seem to make much of a difference by feel. I'm gonna play with it tonight to see if it plays any different but I doubt it. It wasn't really tacky to begin with so not sure how much it'd do. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2022 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

I applied some Spinmax, didn't seem to make much of a difference by feel. I'm gonna play with it tonight to see if it plays any different but I doubt it. It wasn't really tacky to begin with so not sure how much it'd do. 

interesting - maybe i'll just try olive oil to revive my topsheet....
-------
Viscaria

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 5:59am

The original spinmax would do more, but because of the high VOC content it's no longer available in most places. The obsessive zero-tolerance to VOC rules by the ITTF was never meant for cleaners like Spinmax, but it resulted in many dealers no longer wanting to carry something that contained VOCs.

The new water-based SPinmax still works as well as a cleaner, but does not restore a sheet as well as the original Spinmax could do.

Edited by haggisv - 11/09/2022 at 5:59am
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The original spinmax would do more, but because of the high VOC content it's no longer available in most places. The obsessive zero-tolerance to VOC rules by the ITTF was never meant for cleaners like Spinmax, but it resulted in many dealers no longer wanting to carry something that contained VOCs.

The new water-based SPinmax still works as well as a cleaner, but does not restore a sheet as well as the original Spinmax could do.

Yea it feels just like washing it with my Paddle Palace cleaner. It's clean, and tackier than before I cleaned it, but hardly any tack to speak of. 
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2022 at 2:04pm
WD-40 can restore tackiness. 
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2023 at 11:56am
Does it really last so less?

How long does the effectiveness last ? ( in months and also hours/week, please mention)
Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2023 at 12:17pm
D09c always retained the tackiness for me if I used the plastic cover sheet to protect it from dust.  I really don't get many of the comments here  - what it did lose was the liveliness of the sponge over time, but if I really wanted to, I could have handled that as well.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2023 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

D09c always retained the tackiness for me if I used the plastic cover sheet to protect it from dust.  I really don't get many of the comments here  - what it did lose was the liveliness of the sponge over time, but if I really wanted to, I could have handled that as well.

I do the same. I don't feel like it lost any significant amount of tackiness, it just wasn't very tacky to begin with. 
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2023 at 12:45am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

That was my experience as well.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic