Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStop apologizing, shaking hands etc ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Bear in mind that this thread was started by sjan (Srinivas Janardhanan) a dude who has been trolling multiple TT forums since (at least) 1998.  

This notorious and delusional person has been banned from every existing TT English language forum many times, at least ten times here under various names.  

This "I am a jerk in more ways than previously revealed" thread seems to be a new theme for Srinivas but then again I dont go back as far as some people.  Maybe he has touched on this before.

He posts something like this, gets people riled up, and before long drops a few hints to let me know it's him.

Be glad he is not your coworker. 

I would like to take that crown.
USATT: Current 2139 as of 11/2019
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

One thing though....don't be too fast to judge a person who does not shake hands after a game.

There might be a good reason. No reason to infer bad intentions. 

On one occasion I was just finished practicing with a pretty good looking gal. I felt my hand was a little too sweaty and I did not want to give a bad impression. Even though I tried to wipe my hand before, I just waved to her and thanked her for playing. So you see, sometimes it might be prudent to not shake hands.

As for apologizing following a net or edge... pretty sure it does not threaten my killer instincts at all. There's little something called class.

FdT

I'm sure you smiled and were sportsmanlike even if you didn't shake her hand.  Your reasons were different and not unreasonable.  Unlike Srinivas, you weren't  afraid of losing your precious but oh so fragile "killer instinct".
3000.artists View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 2:49am
I think we are forgetting who the real monsters are.. The excessive sorry-ers. Like when you’re just a step out of place and miss one, or you unconsciously dip into a lazy shot and send it juuuust barely too high- not even enough for a freebie smash- and they hit a solid ball onto the table that just barely passes you. And then they apologize. Not just for the unreturnables, you get a pause in the game to ensure acknowledgement for their raised index finger of solidarity- a moment of sorrow for your unfortunate circumstance which allowed them hit the ball real hard. [rage] Like what is this? Are you sorry my lapse? Are you sorry for my momentary inferiority? Like here I am now reflecting on how I should adjust my tactics to avoid sending a serve into their smash zone, and they have the gall to apologize for my mistake. They’re the South Park Cable Salesman incarnate, and I don’t even think they’re aware. Now combine that with someone who swings 100% at everything, launching 80% into orbit, and 20% absurd connecting shots.. and  it’s like, you keep on saying this word.. I do not think that you know what it means.. 

Also, no palm to palm contact. That’s what we use to handle our paddles... handles. The fist bump is always the move. I especially like that moment when the new person goes in for the shake, and I stay strong with the knuckle touching signals- it’s a very unique reaction, almost universally a short confusion followed by the tiniest eureka, that yeah, that was/is totally the move in this setting.
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by 3000.artists 3000.artists wrote:

I think we are forgetting who the real monsters are.. The excessive sorry-ers. Like when you’re just a step out of place and miss one, or you unconsciously dip into a lazy shot and send it juuuust barely too high- not even enough for a freebie smash- and they hit a solid ball onto the table that just barely passes you. And then they apologize. Not just for the unreturnables, you get a pause in the game to ensure acknowledgement for their raised index finger of solidarity- a moment of sorrow for your unfortunate circumstance which allowed them hit the ball real hard. [rage] Like what is this? Are you sorry my lapse? Are you sorry for my momentary inferiority? Like here I am now reflecting on how I should adjust my tactics to avoid sending a serve into their smash zone, and they have the gall to apologize for my mistake. They’re the South Park Cable Salesman incarnate, and I don’t even think they’re aware. Now combine that with someone who swings 100% at everything, launching 80% into orbit, and 20% absurd connecting shots.. and  it’s like, you keep on saying this word.. I do not think that you know what it means.. 

Also, no palm to palm contact. That’s what we use to handle our paddles... handles. The fist bump is always the move. I especially like that moment when the new person goes in for the shake, and I stay strong with the knuckle touching signals- it’s a very unique reaction, almost universally a short confusion followed by the tiniest eureka, that yeah, that was/is totally the move in this setting.
Those are so annoying, they are 150 rating points above and the sun shines out of their ass when they score a winner followed by such a fake apology, almost all the time they will also look around to count how many people saw the shot.
Ttunderthesun21 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by 3000.artists 3000.artists wrote:

I was wondering when someone would mention the fist bump, I'm like am I the only one who does this?  
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 3:04pm
Frankly I think shaking hands before a match is not necessary. 1st of all, shaking hand may not be on par with people’s cultural ways to greet each other and, if it’s ok to impose it in the American corporate world, maybe a tt club can give leeway about it? Why would we encourage one more way to exchange germs, bacteria, especially in a closed environment full of sweaty people? Ask yourself instead whether or not we should recommend NOT doing it.

Apologizing for a net or edge is not necessary either. If both players know some luck was involved and they both know the other does too, why should time, energy be spent for an acknowledgment? It’s actually a waste, some kind of stupid culture featuring mentally challenged tt freaks trying to raise their social status to the level of the nobles of Wimbledon. Luck visits both sides and if it does so more often for your opponent, dont expect an apology, just eat it up and WIN!

Also:

DID YOU APOLOGIZE WHEN I MISSED BY 1MM? WHY SHOULD I WHEN I’M IN BY 1MM?

Edited by stiltt - 11/21/2019 at 3:07pm
MelindaKBLS View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 7:09pm

He posts something like this, gets people riled up

Well it seems to me that you are the one and only person who is riled up big time big time about this. Yes other posters were also critical of her but none were as riled up as you to go the extent of banning her & blackmailing her

before long drops a few hints to let me know it's him.
LOL Has it ever occured to you that someone make be pulling simple fakes to fool everyone. In this case you fell for her two minute drill 

Be glad he is not your coworker. 

I heard lot more explanation to follow on your attempted blackmail & intimidation tactics here to ruin someone's life with you getting riled up (no one else in thread is) big time over a trivial issue like shaking hands etc   

Edited by MelindaKBLS - 11/21/2019 at 7:11pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 7:15pm
Srinivas has a history going back decades of creating female user names to support his sock puppetry.  

Nobody aggrees with sjan.  This thread is useless and now locked.

Edited by Baal - 11/21/2019 at 7:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic