Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Cheap Blade for Intermediate Player??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rayzzzz :) View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Cheap Blade for Intermediate Player??
    Posted: 06/15/2024 at 3:42pm
Dear All

Currently I am using the Xiom Extreme S blade with G1 on forehand and C1 backhand rubber, after some time of use it feels like the speed and spin of the ball is very low (very slow). I have plans to replace my blade from allwood to composite carbon blade, from the following list which one best for intermediate player for budget under 50$ : 
1. Palio energy 05 
2. Palio energy 06 
3. Sanwei C&C
4. Sanwei Pingpangstar 
5. Yinhe Y13 
From the following list which one is the best for intermediate level players with very good speed, feeling and spin for fast attacking spin players

Thanks and Regards
Ray

Edited by Rayzzzz :) - 06/16/2024 at 12:39am
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2024 at 5:49pm
Add Donic Persson Power Play to your short list... around $25 USD after your 30% discount.

Blade suitable for every level.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2024 at 8:00pm
What is your budget ?
I assume you will order from Aliexpress ?
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2024 at 9:28pm
Perhaps you just need some new sheets of rubber? Rubbers lose both spin and speed over time. You might be surprised how much spinner and faster a new sheet feels.

I would consider Xiom Extreme S with Fastarc rubbers to be quite fast already for an intermediate player. Fast blade generally have less control and spin, so you might need to compromise a little to decide what's most important to you.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 12:25am
Thanks for you suggestions broSmile, very noted
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 12:28am
My budget around under 50$, probably will order from local marketplace
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 12:34am
Regarding the rubber that I am currently using, it is still in quite good condition. the reason I want to look for a new blade is because I want to upgrade from an allwood blade to a composite carbon blade to increase ball speed, considering that currently many athletes use blades with composite carbon to increase speed and accuracy. 
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Rayzzzz :) Rayzzzz :) wrote:

My budget around under 50$, probably will order from local marketplace
You can get ALC blade from Chinese brand.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 3:42am
Did you try bouncier rubbers like Rasanter R42 in 2.0 on the fh? the spin is less than G1 but it's more lively and still pinny enough for an intermediate player. I am asking because your blade is a do-it-all very good one so changing it is maybe too hasty.

The other reason I am asking is that us intermediate players think the best is max sponge under a spinny topsheet but really the fun factor is there with a lively not too thick bouncier rubber on a 7-ply standard blade.

Good luck with your search.

Harald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 3:13pm
yinhe U2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Perhaps you just need some new sheets of rubber? Rubbers lose both spin and speed over time. You might be surprised how much spinner and faster a new sheet feels.

I would consider Xiom Extreme S with Fastarc rubbers to be quite fast already for an intermediate player. Fast blade generally have less control and spin, so you might need to compromise a little to decide what's most important to you.

haggisv is right Extreme S is already very bouncy. All you need is to change your rubbers. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Mildocy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mildocy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 5:42pm
Isn't Xiom Extreme also too bouncy?
I am trying to decide betwen that and MXD or Dignics
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 11:14pm
Below list are blades that I have tried and found that they are user friendly
Within the stated price range

5 Plies

Nittaku Latika
Neottec Voodoo Classic

7 Plies
Neottec Gamma Seven

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro

Carbon
Yasaka Malin Carbon

Edited by Crowsfeather - 06/16/2024 at 11:14pm
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
dendz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2024 at 11:49pm
Halo Mas Ray,
Salam dari Jakarta.
Sanwei C&C is good, I've tried.
It's limba outer & soft, but stiff though, also easy to generate spin.

And you can consider :
1. Friendship/729 Blue Arylate Carbon
2. Yinhe V14 Pro
3. XVT Black Knight 7
4. Donic Wosik Senso Carbon

Best regards,

~DENDZ~
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2024 at 9:21am
I haven't try R42 but that i will noted your suggestions when im change my rubber. I know Extreme S have a good bouncing but i need to upgrade my eqiuipment to composite carbon because i don't have good physical and stamina play powerfull. Thank you so much 🙏
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2024 at 9:23am
Thanks for your suggestions, very Noted 🙏
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2024 at 9:24am
Thank you so much, very Noted 🙏
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayzzzz :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2024 at 9:27am
Halo Mas salam kenal

Oke mas makasih ya sarannya, Sanwei C&C kayaknya bagus yaa. Kalo feelingnya sama putaranya Oke mas? Rencana saya mau upgrade dari 7ply allwood ke blade carbon karena stamina dan power saya kurang bagus :)

Terimakasih🙏
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic