Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alleged Charity Fraud??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alleged Charity Fraud??
    Posted: 06/20/2024 at 5:22pm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2024 at 6:50pm
The money's gone but a bit of public shaming will appease angry people and hopefully make future scammers think twice before doing the same.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2024 at 8:03pm
I do believe I've paid for a few lessons from Mario. Got to say I liked the lessons
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2024 at 10:10pm
I have a question: in the weird judicial landscape that America is, we can conceive that the 2 alleged scammers feel unfairly attacked. Even if the petition is valid from a moral standpoint, could Mario and Nam fight back taking the petition starter to court and give him a hard life? It's not likely to happen of course but a crooked lawyer could take the case on a contigency just to practice their evil game and get their name on the papers. 
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2024 at 4:05pm
This is sad.  The easy way to solve this is for there only to be money in the men's and women's open singles and doubles events.  All rating events should award medals or trophies.  If you want to earn money, play the open.  It would also be a good way to support people trying to play professionally as the open would have more prize money available for the players. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2024 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I have a question: in the weird judicial landscape that America is, we can conceive that the 2 alleged scammers feel unfairly attacked. Even if the petition is valid from a moral standpoint, could Mario and Nam fight back taking the petition starter to court and give him a hard life? It's not likely to happen of course but a crooked lawyer could take the case on a contigency just to practice their evil game and get their name on the papers. 

I received a WhatsApp message claiming he had returned the money. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2024 at 1:19pm
Sandbagging on steroids!
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2024 at 3:22am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2024 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

Wow it's been a while since I've been on this forum.

Here's an update:

Glad this is partially resolved. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2024 at 4:43pm
It doesn’t look alleged.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2024 at 3:50am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

It doesn’t look alleged.

I hear ya... but in the news, until a court decides something with a verdict, you hear "Alleged" so news can cover their azz.

This goes on at EVERY large tourney where there is cash...

I used to think LA gangsters had the market cornered on such sandbagging... then Bay Area got into the fight... now Las Vegas trying to represent.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2024 at 7:50am
Ken and Mario should not have given the money back or even apologized.  The petitioner basically bullied and harassed them online.  I don't know if the petitioner is affiliated with IJAG (the tournament sponsor) but if he thinks Ken and Mario committed a crime, then call the police or take them to court.  Instead, he took the law into his own hands and contacted their clubs, their work, personal contacts, etc.  Regardless of the intention, this is the definition of online and physical harassment i.e. "I will shame you until you do what I want you to do or I get even with you."

Everyone here knows that when that much money is involved, the sandbaggers will come out of the woodwork.  There are many formats available to minimize (but not completely eliminate) sandbagging in a tournament of this nature ex. Giant RR, one game ladder (winner moves up, loser moves down), snake RR, etc.  How can a company organize a TT tournament like this and have absolutely no clue?

And finally, how in the world is IJAG able to fund $1000 first prize each for U1800 and U1500.  That is insane! I hope USATT is taking notes.

To Ken and Mario, feel free to call 702-433-2889.  You can sue the petitioner for cyberbullying, online harassment, and infliction of emotional pain (that's you Ken!).  If he acted on his own, he is liable for financial damages.  If he is acting as an agent of IJAG, then that company will also be liable.  Luckily, the petitioner already documented all of the actions he took ex. calling Mario's place of work.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2024 at 10:57am
In the article linked above by cagaragesales, the victory speech is borderline indecent to not say disgusting. He is playing Mr. Solo Justice online assuming a role no community ever gave him and it really seems he is out there to show himself off rather than rectifying a pretty bad error from the 2 sandbaggers. The gloating tone makes me puke.

Is Albert Huang the guy on the right in the picture below? It looks like he is wearing a wedding ring and it does not seem responsible for a family man to act the way he did, it sounds more like the work of a silly teenager who did not leave the adolescent state that left his body a long time ago and dealing with a permanent chip on the shoulder, pretty lame imho because the risk it backfires and hits his family is not null.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2024 at 3:10pm
this is getting crazy in both directions 
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
JediJesseS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJesseS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2024 at 1:34am
The two people who misrepresented themselves were wrong, but I'm sad to say the way Albert is conducting himself speaks to some kind of pathological fervor. This has passed beyond protecting a tournament to Albert seeming to derive a twisted personal enjoyment from his role in interrogating and shaming others.
Diriambino94 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diriambino94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2024 at 7:57pm
You do not know who Mario Alvarez is to Nicaraguan table tennis players. He is a liar ... Albert is doing the right thing. Someone needs to stop that guy, trust me you don't want people like him in your country 

Edited by Diriambino94 - 06/30/2024 at 10:51pm
Diriambino94 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diriambino94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2024 at 8:02pm
He is a shame for Nicaraguans... the reason why we are not all here is because of the language barrier. Just call the national federation in Nicaragua

This guy moved to the US lying about his participation in the protest on 2018... whe he never participated in anything people who fought against the dictator died or were imprisoned and then expelled to the US none of these is his case.

Edited by Diriambino94 - 06/30/2024 at 10:49pm
Derekk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2024 at 10:12pm
 ¿Fue solo una trampa o fue un fraude? 

Those of us who know Mario in Las Vegas know that he was the coach and manager of the club and thanks to the club he remained for a few more years 

Se puede ver lo perverso que es el señor Albert Huang y una persona inteligente puede ver que es un ataque personal a Mario, pero todo esto que está haciendo de manera planificada y mal intencionada puede volver seriamente en contra de Albert.

Derekk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2024 at 10:14pm
 it just cheating or was it fraud?

Mario was the coach and manager of the Las Vegas club for several years and we know that he is a good person, I can see that it is a personal attack by Albert Huang towards him, but this could have repercussions for Mr. Huang
Derekk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2024 at 10:17pm
Mario is a good coach and a good person, he accepted his mistake and returned the money and publicly apologized, but it is a planned attack on him
Derekk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2024 at 10:19pm
I investigated and it's because they are very envious of you, don't give your opinion without actually knowing what happened
Derekk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2024 at 10:21pm
Deberías contactarlo
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2024 at 12:53am
Sandbagging is a system of losing on purpose to receive a lower rating' then benefit by playing in a lower rating event
but
Changing your name to compete in and win in a lower rated event is just another level of deception

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Derekk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2024 at 1:11am
one player changed his name, Mario's case is different from the one they knew him and they want to set up a trap for him
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic