Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Single Ply Hinoki] - Xiom Athena

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
manallackst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manallackst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Single Ply Hinoki] - Xiom Athena
    Posted: 06/28/2024 at 11:39pm
Hi

Xiom had two chinese pen models with single ply hinoki - Xiom Katana and Xiom Athena.

Could only get my hands on the Xiom Athena Gold. Conditions isnt great, need to refurbish it a bit.

It is 10mm thick, weighs 113 gram

Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2024 at 12:52am
This is a true beauty in disguise. What a rough  jewel! Congratulations! You definitely can find rarities and you obviously enjoy it. Clap
It won't take much to bring it to its original glory. What is your plan to clean it up without sacrificing the label(s) on the faces?
It looks like a previous owner was gruesome on the wings, did he use a chainsaw or something alike? LOL
manallackst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manallackst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2024 at 1:55am
I was thinking of smoothening the sealant over the blade's surface and even out the colors. some of the labels will be sacrificed i guess but at least it would be even out.

The wings i can probably smooth it out.

The other face is much worst. There are line marks where i guess the previous owner wanted to line up his rubber. There are more than one line haha.

The edges are also full of scars.

Nevertheless, it was a lucky chance i got this...i dont think there is any ads anywhere in the world selling a xiom katana/xiom athena...even if there is, its usually the jpen version.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic