Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lily Zhang

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lily Zhang
    Posted: 07/05/2024 at 7:32pm
It's surprising Lily is not playing at the Nationals. Is she injured? The 1st and 2nd prizes are worth it plus the title. 

Sponsored Links

Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 4:20am
3 rounds of Men's and Women's singles today. Quarter, Semifinal and final.
 This is one round too many.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 4:57am
Way too fast. At least the last stage should be preceded with a night of sleep and a conversation between the finalist and their coaching staff.
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 5:09am
I believe it is illegal to play 3 rounds. By the final both players will not be at their best.
 Why would they play 3 rounds? This is caused by a lack of knowledge by those running the event.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 11:43am
The event itself seems shorter than I remember since it started on Wednesday and ends on Sunday.  Usually the finals are played on Saturday night.  So clearly not having the extra Monday and Tuesday played a role and exactly why they didn't have or couldn't afford those dates is anyone's guess.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/06/2024 at 11:49am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The event itself seems shorter than I remember since it started on Wednesday and ends on Sunday.  Usually the finals are played on Saturday night.  So clearly not having the extra Monday and Tuesday played a role and exactly why they didn't have or couldn't afford those dates is anyone's guess.
The finals are scheduled for 8:45 pm tonight.
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 4:33pm
I read somewhere that Lily is indeed injured and trying to take it easy to heal up. 
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 4:59pm
Thanks for the info. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The finals are scheduled for 8:45 pm tonight.

Yeah, my post was misleading.  My point is that the finals are always scheduled for the second to the last night of the event, usually a Saturday or Friday, but it seems this year's event is shorter than I remember it being historically and that is partly the cause of this 3 matches in one day insanity.  I can't believe they are using one table for this.  The semifinals can easily combine for 3 hours.  Jinxin Wang I guess is doing them a favor with his destruction of Andeq Cao.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2024 at 8:46pm
So the second semi just ended at 7.45pm.  This will be interesting. 
Cybershape Carbon
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2024 at 10:49am
Lily has a shoulder injury in her playing arm and has been doing physio every day ahead of Paris, so didn't want to risk making the injury worse by competing in US Nationals.
http://mhtabletennis.com
Twiddler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2024 at 7:55am
Hong Lin won the U.S. Women's title over Amy Wang.
 How long has she been in the country?
RDinTN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDinTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2024 at 12:43pm
First USATT results were from the 2017 US Open - where she was 2nd in the Women's Open. Likely she was here before that and may have started the paperwork even earlier. The VBC venue was friendly to pips, tables played soft and kind of slower than usual and it was chilly when you were not playing.
ZLC/ULC Custom, Nitt.H3 Pro /MX-S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic