Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1970's Stiga Stellan Bengtsson & Case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970's Stiga Stellan Bengtsson & Case
    Posted: 03/28/2008 at 3:58pm
thought i would post some images of this blade i got off ebay for $38 USD shipped and also came with an old case, i am guessing it is from 1969, i saw a similiar one on oldstiga.com marked that year, it came with two sheets of yasaka cobra attached which i never even heard of before, it was a pain to get those off with the factory glue, then i sanded the sweat marks around the handle a lil bit to clean it up and realized that it had hair cracks around the neck of the handle, so i had to repair those also, sure wish it wasn't cracked at all, but i didn't pay all that much for it and i don't think the seller had a ping pong background and was trying to rip me off, i probably could have done a cleaner job on the crack repair but i intend of using it for play and not putting it in a museum, it is pretty stiff now in that area, if it starts to fall apart again i might send it to borko to salvage it, the picture sticker on it is in bad shape, i tried to seal over it to protect what is left of it, here are the pics
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2008 at 7:48pm
wasnt there another one with the badge and everything?
like it was dark brown, and had the little hollow bit saying "stellan bengsten"
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

sbd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2008 at 9:50pm

Hi,
Looks like you got your self a gem. I believe that blade was made in 70 I would guess  the late 70�s.I say this  because Stellan was the World Champion in 1971.In the 60�s he was the European Champion. Stiga factory if I remember right was using nails to attach the handles and amongst the collectors early Stiga blades where called �Nailed Handles�.
At any rate you got your self a nice blade from the time when the blades where hand made not mass-produced like today. Bellow you will find the examples of the Bengtsson blades from 70�s  and 60�s for your info . Good Luck with the New �Old blade�.
Regards,
Borko&Son

***Power is Nothing Without Control***

BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 1:13am
thanks for the info on the blade!
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 5:13am
borko do you have all these blades?
sbd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

borko do you have all these blades?

Yes, I have the large collection of the blades that accumulated over the years.Sometimes customers and collectors insist on the certain features like the size, shapes , thickness of the handle witch I have to know.Most of the blades are in the boxes .On the picture here you  can see some that are in the shop most of them are in the storage containers.Some are vintage and very old.
Regards,
Borko&SonSmile

ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 10:08am
Oh my lord, he just gave equipment junky a whole new meaning
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
2winged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2winged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 12:27pm

So Borko, you could make a handle just like the old Stiga Conic handle?  Don't know if it is called the Johannson or the Lindh but it was one of the most comfortable handles I've hit with.

Blade: BTY Adolescen, Gergely 21
Rubber: Inspirit Quattro, Innova
sbd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by 2winged 2winged wrote:

So Borko, you could make a handle just like the old Stiga Conic handle?  Don't know if it is called the Johannson or the Lindh but it was one of the most comfortable handles I've hit with.

On the questions related to blades please contact me via e-mail i think we should keep this dedicated to Bengtsson blade.Smile

Regards,

Borko&Son

Marcelob View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 1:46am
Wow Borko, that's one nice collection you've got there! 
Tibhar Dynamic 7
FH Rapid X-Press (2.0)
BH Rapid X-Press (2.0)
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 3:07am
my goodness borko, thats an amazing collection u got there! goes to show old age IS COOL
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 3:11pm
borko, you have any old stiga clippers?  pics if you get a chance?  thanks!
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic