Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2007 WORLD TABLE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
surler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 10:58pm
Prediction: Ma Long, the only Chinese player who lost to a non Chinese player in this event. Hahahahaha...............
Sponsored Links

surler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by checkmilu checkmilu wrote:

is it kinda racism? In sports, we just care if it's a good game! Anyway I think Timo deserves to be World Champ this year. If Schlager did, why not Timo?
No, even Chinese themselves share the same idea. They hate to see the WTTC become a domestic super league.
thisishui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thisishui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 11:37pm
yea, for all of you that think ma long was gonna make it to atleast the semis....look what joo did to him!

hes young, not enough experiences.....winning the WTTC is not like winning a pro tour, theres alot of players you gotta beat in the WTTC, thats were experiences comes in, i bet other chinese players wouldnt lose to Joo that easily, cuz they have played him many times before....not soo much for ma long.....to be world champ, you have to be able to beat many styles.  Ma long was invincible in the  WTTC warm-up games, everyone though he would cruise through, but i knew some non-chinese would take him out before he reaches his compatriots....hes still young, i ll give him maybe 4 more years, when Wang and Ma lin's reign is old
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 1:09am
The other chinese are also sometimes vulnerable to odd styles.  Look at maze last year over wang hao.  Also young yes, but much more experienced than hao shui or ma long.  Joo beat ma lin not all that long ago.  These guys are all professionals...that's why we play the matches.

The strength of the chinese is that they have like 5 guys capable of winning a championship.  The rest of the world put together has MAYBE the same, probably less.  So they have great odds.  But no one loss is gonna shock me.  I think it could have been ma lin losing that match just as well as ma long.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 1:16am
wang chen lost.. :(
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 1:27am
I'm sad Ma Long lost, he's my fav player. However I'm glad it's Joo who did it, he's such an amazing defender. I'll support him for the next steps. Go Joo !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 1:52am
Joo is playing very, very well.  His chopping is very good, but it is the forehand counterattacks that have won the games.  His fh is very powerful and accurate right now.
Benson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 5:38am
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 6:32am
nice ma lin wins vs samsonov 4-1
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 8:10am

I'm currently watching the matches on tv and the matches have all proved exciting so far. One thing I like especially is the commentary on the matches on CCTV. The commentators really took Ma Long to task for his loss against Joo. They said that Joo's forehand was a strong factor, but Ma Long simply lacked a complete game; he only loops very well. Their view was that his pushes were messy, and he attacked too wildly and strongly because of a lack of experience.

One small note, I do not believe that the Chinese players (or Korean players included) are yelling "ball" when they win a point. Ball is "qiu" and what they are yelling is just more an exclamation. I'm not sure if the Chinese friend mentioned plays ping pong, but I don't think "hao qiu" and "cho" aren't quite the same. I've never heard an announcer ever say "cho" :).

In_this_pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In_this_pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 8:45am
I know what happiness is. It`s when you`ve had a good dinner with beer, lying at sofa and listening to Coltrane... Then you decide to check the live score and notice that your favourite ever player is thrashing Timo Boll

9-11,7-11,3-11,12-14

Ryu into the semis. Excellent work, mate.
BTY Lapuhta ALL+
FH: Mark V 2.0 black
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 8:48am
WTF damn it that stupid BOLL haha just kidding
HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 9:48am
Ma Lin vs WLQ in final, Wang Hao pwnz Ryu for the 426378th time with his only loss at the olympics...

China gets top 3 once again...
Excellence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Excellence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 9:49am
 I need all Wang Nan single matches, can someone help me, plz!!
Thx

Excellence in tha house
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 9:56am
It would be really interesting if the final was to be a repeat of the one in Athens.
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 10:01am
hope wang hao kills ryu, i hate that guy.
i was hoping this to be the year of timo, but he just wasn't himself today Confused anyway, i'll still be happy if wang liqin wins Smile
 and i really think he will.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 10:07am

3 medals will go to penhold players!!
Benson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

I'm currently watching the matches on tv and the matches have all proved exciting so far. One thing I like especially is the commentary on the matches on CCTV. The commentators really took Ma Long to task for his loss against Joo. They said that Joo's forehand was a strong factor, but Ma Long simply lacked a complete game; he only loops very well. Their view was that his pushes were messy, and he attacked too wildly and strongly because of a lack of experience.

One small note, I do not believe that the Chinese players (or Korean players included) are yelling "ball" when they win a point. Ball is "qiu" and what they are yelling is just more an exclamation. I'm not sure if the Chinese friend mentioned plays ping pong, but I don't think "hao qiu" and "cho" aren't quite the same. I've never heard an announcer ever say "cho" :).

I was in a sport school for some time and I asked those kids in China about what they say when they win a ball. I believe "cho", or "qiu" are just same as "hi", "oh" in chinese, no real meaning.
thisishui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thisishui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

none will be gold tho Big%20smile

cuz i have WANG LIQIN winning all the way :D
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Benson Benson wrote:

Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

I was in a sport school for some time and I asked those kids in China about what they say when they win a ball. I believe "cho", or "qiu" are just same as "hi", "oh" in chinese, no real meaning.

But does "dooooooo" mean "yeah" like a generic exclamation?  A couple Chinese at the club last night told me they never heard of "dooooooo".  I still like it, but I want to know what it is that I am shouting all the time. LOL
humint View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by thisishui thisishui wrote:

none will be gold tho Big%20smile

cuz i have WANG LIQIN winning all the way :D

YUP, LIQIN AAAAALLLLL THE WAY!
langtumuadong View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote langtumuadong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2007 at 11:23pm
I agree, Liqin will win. He will be the second Zhuang Zhedong who won 3 times.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 1:04am

wang liquin is weaker than the 2005 worlds
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 8:18am
The Ryu/Wang Liqin match was awesome!

Ryu looked on fire, but somehow, Wang overcame him.

I wonder if he will be too tired to beat Ma Lin now hehe

Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
thisishui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thisishui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Recanter Recanter wrote:

The Ryu/Wang Liqin match was awesome!

Ryu looked on fire, but somehow, Wang overcame him.

I wonder if he will be too tired to beat Ma Lin now hehe

no Wang's confidence will shoot to the stars when the match begins! look how physically fit that man is! he cant be tired from 1 match
3ageeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3ageeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 8:26am

wang liquin is weaker than the 2005 worlds

After RYU's match I just dont think so !

Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 8:49am
Good omens for Wang Liqin: in 2005 he beat a chinese player in the 1/4s (Chen Qi), then a Korean in the semis (Oh Sang Eun).
Guess what Wang Liqin's done this year :)
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

checkmilu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmilu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 9:05am
Timo may have st to learn how Wang withstand the crazy forehand and incredible quick legs of Ryu
milu
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 9:07am
   since wlq has lost 3 games in singles he should be more fitter than ma, i think that if the way of wlq would have been more harder to the semi he would have beaten ryu easily

also ryu -boll gave extra boost to fight the semis
phamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2007 at 10:41am
freaking Wang and Ma final again...

Ma has something to prove for sure !!!!

phamster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic