Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2008 PANASONIC China Open videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 1:29pm
Only two weeks into the glue ban upsets are to be expected.

I'm surprised Ma Lin beat Joo without glue!
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 1:29pm
^Did anyone see what the Chinese were using?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 1:32pm
Anyone know what they were using?
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."

And why you're doing it.. Wink

Nice.. very nice.. LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 2:01pm
Wang Hao is no longer using the blue sponge. His racket does sound a bit corky. I think he's using a japanese rubber.
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 2:04pm
It also doesn't seem like the game is slower at all. Sharara failed again.
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2008 at 2:14pm
Is it just me or is Hao Shuai becoming more of a Timo Boll clone all the time? His strokes and his patterns seem to be very similar to Timo Boll. I never got that feeling before when I was watching him.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 2:20am
Hao Shuai is essentially Timo Boll with a short game and better basic skills.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 3:00am
I think that Hao Shuai has the worst technique of the top Chinese players. He is the only one who makes a grip change like Timo Boll when transferring between forehand and backhand.

I agree about his short game. Though I don't know how Timo Boll can even have a short game with the TBS. That blade has no feeling on the short game. It's hard outter plies make it difficult to feel the ball.

manluski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manluski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 4:28am

very funny comparison. timo boll is equal to a disabled crippled hao shuai.

no comparison at all except they are both left handed.  timo does not have the athletic skills that hao shuai pocess.
manluski
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 4:42am
ive yet to see the match, does hao shuai have chicken wing forehands?LOL
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 5:58am

hao shuai has had more practice without speed glue i guess

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 7:53am
I don't really care about the glue ban. I really liked watching the matches that I saw.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

I think that Hao Shuai has the worst technique of the top Chinese players. He is the only one who makes a grip change like Timo Boll when transferring between forehand and backhand.

I agree about his short game. Though I don't know how Timo Boll can even have a short game with the TBS. That blade has no feeling on the short game. It's hard outter plies make it difficult to feel the ball.

you gotta be kidding--most, if not all, top players change their grip between forehand and backhand.  in fact, most people do, except for beginners and, perhaps, oldtimers.

you can't really hit thru the forehand with as much power as possible if your hand is in a backhand grip and visa versa. 

and as for hao looking like a timo boll clone as some are saying above, nothing can be further from the truth.  just look at his strokes.  timo's strokes are clearly "european"  and hao's "chinese."  even the serves are different...

as for timo not having much of a short game, i disagree.  i think he has a pretty good short game, it's just that he doesn't generally get his short balls ripped back, that is, until he goes to asia...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 1:03pm

I think that Hao Shuai has the worst technique of the top Chinese players. He is the only one who makes a grip change like Timo Boll when transferring between forehand and backhand.I agree about his short game. Though I don't know how Timo Boll can even have a short game with the TBS. That blade has no feeling on the short game. It's hard outter plies make it difficult to feel the ball.

I think you should read more, in 1998 hao shuai was everywhere on every chinese magazine like the new talent the fact that he doesnt have a flashy style like chen qi doesnt have to do with technique, you are talking about execution. hao gets massive spin with shorter strokes and for using a fast blade like p700 you gotta have have excelent technique

hao shuai similar to boll, just like as similar as dolly parton and scarlett johansenn, hao plays a block and attack style while boll plays a allround play,, how many 3rd ball balls bolls performs in a game?
Laohe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 2:18pm
Fixpoint, thank you so much for the videos.  Do you have women semi-final and final videos? 
Laohe
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 2:40pm
Hao Shuai doesn't do a lot of third ball kills against his teammates. He plays more like Timo Boll against his teammates. It's against the non-Chinese that he is able to do more third ball attacks because they can't handle his services.

Hao Shuai doesn't not have great technique. He has great feeling. There is a difference. Hao Shuai's touch is outstanding, that's why he is able to use the P700. A player who used the P700 with great technique was Wang Tao. There is a huge difference between Hao Shuai and Wang Tao. Wang Tao was a beast on the table. Hao Shuai is more of a two winged looper.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 2:59pm
I agree Hao has amazing touch. More technical compared to other power spin oriented Chinese. Unfortunately he has low consistency. When he's on form, he's a joy to watch though.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 5:08pm
i think you are reading too much into the specifics of pro player's equipment!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 5:30pm
My impression after watching the videos was this:

it seems that Hao Shuai took advantage of the fact that he had a head start on using non-glue equipment... first, he apparently has some new rubbers. Did you notice how fast he sweeps the ball off the table (over the table and just a millisecond after it bounces) and he delivers it to the other side, too! Must be some super-tacky and super-springy new rubber on his forehand!

Second, it was rather obvious that both Ma Lin and Wang Hao committed way too many unforced errors - perhaps due to new equipment or they are just plain tired...

Also, Xu Xin was great! Here is another young guy to replace the old guard!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 5:31pm
BTW he wasn't using P700 anymore. See videos.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 6:45pm
I thnk the game was a little slower, i.e. the ball was moving a wee bit slower, and Hao Shuai was able to take advantage of this.

Shuai has the most "Euro" style among the top Chinese players and the lesser pace was to his advantage allowing him to get into his "game" often enough to win the matches against his team mates.
YEO

Boost TP
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

I thnk the game was a little slower, i.e. the ball was moving a wee bit slower, and Hao Shuai was able to take advantage of this.

Shuai has the most "Euro" style among the top Chinese players and the lesser pace was to his advantage allowing him to get into his "game" often enough to win the matches against his team mates.

I agree that it was just a tad slower - but that tiny bit of difference is visible only to connoiseurs, I think...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I agree that it was just a tad slower - but that tiny bit of difference is visible only to connoiseurs, I think...

Maybe so. 
I think if people were to focus their attention on the speed of the ball after the bounce it would be more apparent.  It is slight, but nevertheless, real.
YEO

Boost TP
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 7:29pm
hey mr fix-to,,, any chance you ahve the doubles final?
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2008 at 7:53pm
It's just like in 2000 when Ma Lin was the only player to have experience with the big ball at the world cup. He just destroyed everyone. At the time, Ma Lin was not considered the top Chinese threat he is today. In fact he occasionally lost to Europeans back then. Kong/Liu/Wang were the top threats. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 6:08am

Hao Shuai doesn't do a lot of third ball kills against his teammates. He plays more like Timo Boll against his teammates. It's against the non-Chinese that he is able to do more third ball attacks because they can't handle his services. Hao Shuai doesn't not have great technique. He has great feeling. There is a difference. Hao Shuai's touch is outstanding, that's why he is able to use the P700. A player who used the P700 with great technique was Wang Tao. There is a huge difference between Hao Shuai and Wang Tao. Wang Tao was a beast on the table. Hao Shuai is more of a two winged looper.

you are confused , you think that wang tao has more technique cos he has more flashy style to look at, if hao is in the team then he has good technique, my ex coach (that used to be teng yi's personal coach in late 80's) told me that the only thing hao lacks is mental strenght.

nobody make it to the chinese team just for having good feeling, since hao was 14 yo the famous tt site cn-tt.com posted many info about him regarding as the new star
qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2008 at 10:33am
Fix point, do you hv Ma Long vs Hao Shuai?
TBS ST 88gr
H3N National 40 deg 2.2mm
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
Rokushi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rokushi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2008 at 12:14am
thanks for all the awesome vids, Fixpoint! i was wondering if you also have the Jiang Huajun vs. Fukuoka Haruna match?

but if you're too busy, it's cool. you already posted a lot already. heh
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2008 at 4:44pm
No WS Final Guo Yue vs Li Xiaoxia?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic