Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2008 Volkswagen Pro Tour Grand Finals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by longhand longhand wrote:

Is Ma Long secretly tuning his rubbers?

He seems to get much more spin from his rubbers than WH, WLC or Ma Lin. As a result he's much more consistent than the other 3 who struggle to land the ball in table when power looping. Whereas Ma Long can still land the ball mid table to make sure the rally keeps going.

Maybe he's just good. I just find it weird that he seems to have adapted to the new rubbers so much faster than the rest.

I don't know if he boost his rubbers or not, but he had a lot more time to get used to the new VOC free rule as the big 3 had lots of activities during and after the olympics.
Sponsored Links

ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

It seemed to me that both players in the final were using boosted rackets. Just take a look at the rallies and listen to the sound their rackets gave.

It's interesting that I found the sound of Ma Lin vs Ma Long match in semis totally different than before the glue ban. Listen to the sound in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZU8jmZoMvI

I never speed glued but I found the sound much more enjoyableSmile
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 2:51pm
Yes, it is different.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 4:49pm
Great videos!!! Ma Long played awesome, I couldn't stop watching him!
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
goodserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 6:23pm
ma long ........he is getting more solid.......ClapClap
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 9:56pm
thanks ice, fix
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 10:14pm
Worst tournament ever
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by goodserve goodserve wrote:

ma long ........he is getting more solid.......ClapClap

his bh is so lethal people just don't know where to go.
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Worst tournament ever

yeh, wheres watunabe wasabe and ryuseke mimotoko...

kan yo dude, wheres kan yo?? he finished equal 9th in the all japan championships bro
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

It seemed to me that both players in the final were using boosted rackets. Just take a look at the rallies and listen to the sound their rackets gave.

the microphone on a camera is not good enuff to tell exactl�y the sound the raqets are making
qidsign View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qidsign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Fixpoint Fixpoint wrote:

MS-F video from itTV (2-4 games only):Ma Long vs Wang Haohttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=IG32BITV

Is it only me or do you guys have the same problem?
I already download this match, but in the middle of the match, exactly in 7:52 it suddently freezing until the rest of the match
TBS ST 88gr
H3N National 40 deg 2.2mm
Tenergy 64 2.1mm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2008 at 11:53pm

Worst tournament ever
because they werent any japanese,, anyway they would be crushed like bugs under a sixwheeler. i m glad the bitter face japanese girl dint played
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 3:10am
Originally posted by longhand longhand wrote:

Is Ma Long secretly tuning his rubbers?

He seems to get much more spin from his rubbers than WH, WLC or Ma Lin. As a result he's much more consistent than the other 3 who struggle to land the ball in table when power looping. Whereas Ma Long can still land the ball mid table to make sure the rally keeps going.

Maybe he's just good. I just find it weird that he seems to have adapted to the new rubbers so much faster than the rest.
I agree.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 4:06am
it's watchable til the end

Originally posted by qidsign qidsign wrote:

MS-F video from itTV (2-4 games only):Ma Long vs Wang Haohttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=IG32BITV

I already download this match, but in the middle of the match, exactly in 7:52 it suddently freezing until the rest of the match
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
Eriko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eriko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 4:47am
Quote because they werent any japanese,, anyway they would be crushed like bugs under a sixwheeler. i m glad the bitter face japanese girl dint played

Do you mean hirano? :)

I'm always in love
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:08am
From January on the new booster detecting machines will be used which will make it very difficult to get away with using oils. So we will see then :)
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:17am
never seen them throw balls into the crowd before. Excited about $1 balls?
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Eriko Eriko wrote:

Quote because they werent any japanese,, anyway they would be crushed like bugs under a sixwheeler. i m glad the bitter face japanese girl dint played

Do you mean hirano? :)

lol she looks like she wants to kill her opponentLOL

but where was Zhang Yining?
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:35am
Originally posted by TT over Study TT over Study wrote:

Worst tournament ever

kan yo dude, wheres kan yo?? he finished equal 9th in the all japan championships bro

This is a very good match between choppers:

U21 WS-SF
ISHIGAKI Yuka vs PROKHOROVA Yulia
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4XOBEFA4
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 7:26am
ma long adapted to the rubber faster than the rest cause he didn't take part in the olympics. wang hao, ma lin and wang liqin were still using speed glue during the olympics while ma long was already adapting to the new rubbers. this is just what i thinkBig%20smile
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 10:35am

Yes this happened to me too.
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

It works fine to me Confused. Everything OK with this video.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
abcba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

It works fine to me Confused. Everything OK with this video.

Fine for me too.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 1:39pm

Two things could be the cause here: corrupted download or outdated player.

First, do a MD5 checksum on the vid that you downloaded.  You should get a checksum of 8bb47631153c2a279f25128f1aacd85d.

If the file integrity is fine.  Update your player.  I use VLC version 0.8.6f and the vid plays fine from the start till the end.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 2:29pm
same here. plays OK on my KMP player
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
goldfish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:00pm
I just use windows media player classic. It plays perfectly.
Innerforce ZLC cs
FH:Tenergy05 2.1mm
BH:Donic Vario sound 2.0 mm
Items for Sale
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:26pm
The video in that Ma Long Wang Hao movie hangs up at about 7 mins. when I play it through Quicktime (FlipforMac pluggin) on my mac, but if I play it through Windows Media Player (Mac version), it plays fine. But I can't convert it to iPod video. Cry

All of the other files work fine in either player, though.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by TT over Study TT over Study wrote:

Worst tournament ever

Its not that there were any Japanese playing. This was just boring. I mean Kan Yo played in it last year but I didn't know who he even was at the time. I just really loved the one from last year, this just was pretty bad IMO.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:44pm
what exactly was boring? it's not like you could predict all the results beforehand. And a lot of points were pretty good... so what was it, then?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2008 at 5:57pm
I don't know, something about it I didn't like. I guess what was a big turn off was that alot of the best players were missing, Timo, Zhang, etc.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic