Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010 German Open, March 18-21 (Berlin)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Man, all these young Koreans stepping up now taking down some vets...impressive unlike Germany thus far. Christian Suss won 12-10 in the 7th game, Baum won in 7th game, Boll had a tough match needing 6 and last 2 in deuce, Steger lost, Filus lost, as did another German. Dima has been great so far though.

Hao Shuai...that s what he does, he loses to random non-Chinese players.

So true. When you look at Hao Shuai, you never see a figure of dominance. You always see it as "it s anyone s game".

Boll managed to crush Seo Hyun Deok though. He literally rammed a hammer through the Korean s face. 4-0. Let s see how he does.
Sponsored Links

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:12pm
is there live coverage on ITTV new site design?
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
shishi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Not today. I think the live coverage will start tomorrow with the singles QFs.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by shishi shishi wrote:

That s right. However, I am stunned at how incompetent the video crew is. Did you see where they put the camera? From this ridiculously high angle it is practically impossible to see how the ball flies. Almost no point in watching, is there? What did they think, that they were filming a badminton game?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
shishi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shishi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by shishi shishi wrote:

That s right. However, I am stunned at how incompetent the video crew is. Did you see where they put the camera? From this ridiculously high angle it is practically impossible to see how the ball flies. Almost no point in watching, is there? What did they think, that they were filming a badminton game?

Yes I think the angle is a little too high but it s really no different from the other pro tours (the angle has always been crappy so far LOL - probably the same video crew has been in charge for all the pro tours) !!
Also so far I see that they have only posted the matches from table 1 on the ittv while bwin showed tables 1/2/3 so it means that they actually have all these matches from tables 2 and 3 but don t even post them on the ittv. How dumb.
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:09pm
Primorac s pendulum definitely look illegal, even if it isn t hidden he keeps his free arm between the ball and the table almost the whole motion!

Shouldn t he be faulted or at least warned?
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Reinecke Reinecke wrote:

Primorac s pendulum definitely look illegal, even if it isn t hidden he keeps his free arm between the ball and the table almost the whole motion!

Shouldn t he be faulted or at least warned?

You d think, I looked at it in there and a few other matches with different angles and he just hangs him arm out there, doesnt really try to hide what he s doing but no one says anything...fantastic rule enforcing yet again.

Speaking of cheaters...

Yoon Jae Young just got disqualified, anyone want to hazard a guess on why?
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 8:10pm

Oh Sang Eun vs Zoran Primorac Berlin Open

OH Sang Eun is seeded 9th Zoran Primorac 18th.  And the results I would say very much reflected this, with Oh Sang Eun winning the 4 games to 2: 11:9 11:5 6:11 11:1 9:11 11:9

Some of the things I was studying as I watched are how:

• Zoran s forehand is weak compared to Oh s.
  • Zoran does lots of backhand pendulum to Oh s short forehand.  But Oh s backspin serve makes him many more points. 

In the 3rd game 3:3 there is great long distance rally where Zoran finally wins the point with a long range backhand power bullet.  Zoran finally looks like he is starting to believe in himself. 

Zoran%20Primorac%20Oh%20Sang%20Eun%20fault%20berlin%20open

Getting up to 7:3 in the third when he gets fined for having his non-playing hand touching the table while Oh had started to throw the ball in the air.In the end, it didn t seem to bother him getting full power in that game 11:6

The fourth game Oh came back with lightning forehands and backhands destroying Zoran 10:0 and a gentleman s gesture receive the next serve into the net.  Finishing 11:1 to Oh

6:6 in the fourth game once again a show of Zoran greatest strength, his long range counter backhand loops.  Great point.. 

Some great points to study here, but it seemed to me that overall Oh has much better variety in serves and also has more power in attacking and more stability in blocking at the table.

I just did quick summary of the match and yes I thought about how illegal his serve looked but for some dumb reason I didnt post it.  It looked very old school but I thought from Oh s perspective he probably could still see the ball since they are cross court at service.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 8:17pm
 He Zhi Wen  made it, again.
 Btw, he has switched to a black rubber . Interesting if it is still the 802.

Single Ply Hinoki club
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

�He Zhi Wen� made it, again.

�Btw, he has switched to a black rubber .�Interesting if it is still the 802.

He lost in the second round to Chuang Chih-Yuan.
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

It looked very old school but I thought from Oh s perspective he probably could still see�the ball since they are cross court at service.

It is also a requirement that both umpires can see that the serve is legal
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 11:07pm
both umpires seeing the serve would make 95% of table tennis serves illegal.

Oh sang euns serve cant be seen by both either

ohs back to the second umpire zorans hand off the table

Zoran Primorac of Croatia lost a point in the Berlin Open 2010 because his hand was on the table during play.  He contested this as play stopped mid match, possibly to go see video replays?

Anyway this picture shows that at the point of contact of the serve his hands were clearly away from the table.  He had his hands on the table at the same time Oh Sang Eun was doing the ritual, pre serve touch of the table.

On the topic of both umpires seeing the point of contact, do you really think that the umpire on the left could see Oh Sang Eun s serve? 

Without a doubt Oh has one of the best serves in the top 10 table tennis players in the world.  Primorac hit the net about 10 times on service return, that is like giving away a game!

ohs%20back%20to%20the%20second%20umpire%20zorans%20hand%20off%20the%20table
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 11:41pm
The ball is in play as soon as it leaves the servers hand. I don t know if I understood it correctly, but did Primorac loose the point because his free hand touched the table during Oh s serve?

Shouldn t that just be a let? If that s the case, then Primorac wasn t ready when Oh started the serve..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 11:49pm
i have included 2 pictures here 1 is he is touching the table, the second is he isnt, its the same point with a second inbetween.

He was fined a point, I was suprised he lost the point for it.  As you can imagine primorac was pointing his finger and argueing and there was atleast a minute of time passed, see at ittf.com
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Reinecke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 12:12am
Yeah, if his hand is on the table when the ball is tossed it is a fault.

I said that umpires must see that the serve is legal, not necessarily that they need to see the ball the whole time as the server does.
Mizutani Jun ST     
Tenergy 64       
Tenergy 64
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 12:26am
I m sorry. I didn t notice the first picture until now. But as Reinecke says, that is a fault.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 1:40am
rules are rules, tough call to guy already losing though.  REally touching the table only meant he was gauging his ready position and settling into it too.  It is clear that he did that as Oh was presenting himself ready to throw the ball out of his hand which to me, the point they have released the ball out of their hand that the serve has begun, not the pose, nothing but the release.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 3:24am

both umpires seeing the serve would make 95% of table tennis serves illegal.

Oh sang euns serve cant be seen by both either

ohs back to the second umpire zorans hand off the table

Zoran Primorac of Croatia lost a point in the Berlin Open 2010 because his hand was on the table during play.  He contested this as play stopped mid match, possibly to go see video replays?

Anyway this picture shows that at the point of contact of the serve his hands were clearly away from the table.  He had his hands on the table at the same time Oh Sang Eun was doing the ritual, pre serve touch of the table.

On the topic of both umpires seeing the point of contact, do you really think that the umpire on the left could see Oh Sang Eun s serve? 

Without a doubt Oh has one of the best serves in the top 10 table tennis players in the world.  Primorac hit the net about 10 times on service return, that is like giving away a game!

ohs%20back%20to%20the%20second%20umpire%20zorans%20hand%20off%20the%20table

top ten server? only if you are a korean fanboy, oh bh could be the top 10 but not his serves
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 3:48am

rules are rules, tough call to guy already losing though.  REally touching the table only meant he was gauging his ready position and settling into it too.  It is clear that he did that as Oh was presenting himself ready to throw the ball out of his hand which to me, the point they have released the ball out of their hand that the serve has begun, not the pose, nothing but the release.

speaking of rules  yoon jae hyun was DQed, was a solvent problem?
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:46am
If the post above had something to do with table tennis, I would kill myself directly !
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:56am
bbkon what is your list of top 10 servers?
For what I have seen in world cups - I know Oh repeatedly gets lots of points out his serves.

I am not Korean nor a KOrean fan boy.  Are you an Afganistanian fan boy? lol
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
tusnelda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tusnelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 5:35am
What is you tips on today matches?

Do Ueda stand a chance against Ryu??
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 6:11am
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

He Zhi Wen  made it, again.
 Btw, he has switched to a black rubber . Interesting if it is still the 802.

Juanito is CHEAPO club s President.
I do not think there is one who can beat him.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 6:42am
35    SAIVE Jean-Michel BEL    
 16:30 - 19/3/2010   Table 4   4-3: SAIVE Jean-Michel
  9-11,8-11,7-11,11-9,11-9,11-5,12-10
 36    STEGER Bastian GER
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 6:46am
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

If the post above had something to do with table tennis, I would kill myself directly !

Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
alfas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 8:05am

I was wondering if it is only me who noticed that tables used at German open are the brand of Adidas?

Xiom Axelo
FH: Donic Bluefire JP01 max
BH: Donic Acuda S1 Turbo max
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 8:20am
Wow lots of B team Chinese women are playing. Peng LuYang, Feng YaLan, Mu Zi, Wu Yang etc...

If Feng can win against Dang it d be good for her ranking...when they come out. Peng vs Kim...Kim I think will prevail. Getting past those kinds of choppers requires experience and very very good skills.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 8:31am
the itTV will broadcast: Maze-Yoshida and Ovtcharov-Xu Xin
I see Dima as the only european to beat Xu Xin, I don t know why.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
Thomaslicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomaslicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 8:34am
ttCrawsaive are they showing it live at ittf ?
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 8:43am

Yeah. In theory it s a lost point. But I don t think it gave Primorac an advantage in any way, and I don t think Oh even noticed it, so I don t think he would loose his job letting that go, or just calling a let.

-

Thomaslicious: Yeah, Ittv will be sending livestreams today and tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic