Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Austrian Open, Nov. 12-17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Compare Zhang Yining with Ito Mima? (At this moment.)

Ito Mima is a great player, but her achievement (so far) is nowhere near what Zhang Yining achieved.

Except that when Zhang Yining was playing the game was slightly slower and it had more emphasis on spin. So the comparison is not fair. If we had a time machine and sent Ito back to the mid 2000's, she would probably beat ZYN, IMO. Wouldn't be an easy victory, but I think Ito would win.

If ZYN was playing today, just the way she did back then, she would have a lot of trouble. The game today is far more aggressive. Same goes for Waldner! He would have to play a lot more aggressively!

FdT
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2019 at 1:04pm
WCQ got suspended for some time by LGL

FdT
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

WCQ got suspended for some time by LGL

That's terrible! I hope this was just a momentary lapse in emotion for WCQ.  I would hate for him to end up as a lost potential story, sort of like Qiu Yike.  This guy is definitely the future.  He reminds me of a 1992 European Championships version of Jorg Rosskopf.  If Jorg performed like that every major tournament consistently, especially his powerful backhand, he would have been singles champion for sure.  WCQ is that guy... well, except for this loss.

Edited by BeaverMD - 11/26/2019 at 2:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic