Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 ITTF Challenge Plus North American Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 4:46pm
uh oh Allegro and Lambiet are going to get the same umpire who called their serves ...should be interesting Tongue

no...wait he was just looking for something LOL

Edited by Charlie Brown - 12/08/2019 at 4:48pm
*sigh*
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 5:05pm
Ranking experts: how important is the upcoming Ishikawa-Hirano final for their Olympic chances?
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Ranking experts: how important is the upcoming Ishikawa-Hirano final for their Olympic chances?
I am not an expert. Hirano lost her stuff. Oly will be Ito-Ishikawa-Hirano unless Hirano wins the JPN.

Edited by Egghead - 12/08/2019 at 6:02pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I am not an expert. Hirano losts her stuff. Oly will be Ito-Ishikawa-Hirano unless Hirano wins the JPN.
Remember that the WTGF points from 2018 will come off the books in January. Out of respect for the tremendous discussion and analysis done on another forum I won't say much other than HM has a small lead right now in the points race.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 6:32pm
Are you saying this isn't the only table tennis forum in the world? I'm shocked!

If I understand correctly, a win here would give Hirano a 285 point lead over Ishikawa, who would then have to reach at least the semis at Grand Finals. So Kasumi'd better win this final and put the pressure on Miu.

Edit: how emotional... so now I suppose that Hirano will have to get a better result than Ishikawa at Grand Finals (advance one round further) in order to clinch the second singles spot.

Edited by amateur - 12/08/2019 at 6:50pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Remember that the WTGF points from 2018 will come off the books in January. Out of respect for the tremendous discussion and analysis done on another forum I won't say much other than HM has a small lead right now in the points race.
Like Dems 2020. JPN is all about "winabilty." They want someone can beat CNT. 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 8:37pm
Xiang Peng won this event.
Not too long ago, Xiang Peng won the 2019 WJTTC.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by avova avova wrote:

What's up with Akkuzu's shorts? Confused

Do you mean "Diaper Guy" ?   

My friend's girlfriend beside me couldn't believe what she saw. Her first real table tennis tournament as a spectator.  Gawd awful willy, I hope she's not scarred for a week!!  

Seeing him play on the monitor was horrendous. On the giant video screens not so much.
Yesterday's matches, we thought he was using safety pins or tape Wink
Butterfly TB ALC fl
FH: Tenergy 05Hard 2.1
BH: Tenergy 80 2.1

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-P Hard 2.1
BH: Tibhar Aurus 2.1
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

Probably the WD pair Sato and Hasimoto?

Sato's cool Clap 

She even posed for a pic with my friend's kid up on the concourse.
Butterfly TB ALC fl

Andro Treiber Z - fl
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

My friend's girlfriend beside me couldn't believe what she saw. Her first real table tennis tournament as a spectator.  Gawd awful willy, I hope she's not scarred for a week!! 
=====================
An earlier poster mentioned that Akkuzu's pants is too short, just like Jean-Michel Saive's.
Agree with that.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

[QUOTE=skip3119]Japan sent only ONE male player to this event:  YOSHIMURA Maharu
Yoshimura was knocked out in Round 16.

This dude's attitude was great even right after losing posing for selfies for the kids. 
Unlike two of the Japanese women players smiled & walked right by the kids "asking for picture"  
after finishing their long match Cry

[/QUOTE
Who? Hirano and ishikawa?

Hirano and Hashimoto

I digress on Hashimoto. Yesterday she had to come back out in 20 minutes for her doubles match.

But surprisingly and shockingly, Miu Hirano also never smiles(ed) in her photos with fans. She seems too business-like. I can understand before a match due to preparation, but after a match that you've won ?  At least do it for the kids who idolize you; just like when she idolized Japan's national TT players when she was a kid. OR was she too stressed this tournament to hold  her points lead on Ishikawa ?

Naw, Kasumi was very accommodating to fans, especially kids in my observations of her interactions this entire tourney. Is it due to maturity ?  (2 years ago, when she lost her 1st match at WWCTT in Markham, she quickly-rushed walked out of the gym pissed/teary ignoring all the fans).   Win/Lose/Tie, Kasumi Ishikawa is always a favourite of Toronto table tennis fans. After her triumphant victory here today, hope she comes back to Toronto as often as she can.  ClapThumbs Up  

Butterfly TB ALC fl

Andro Treiber Z - fl
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

=====================
An earlier poster mentioned that Akkuzu's pants is too short, just like Jean-Michel Saive's.
Agree with that.

Nope. Today, when he came out for the start of his semi-final, his navy shorts were regular length. Then when the serves started, up it went. Seriously, I don't get why he and a few other players do this.  Why not buy some short shorts ?  OR cut them shorter if you cant get a shorter version from your sponsor.  OR is it because of better air-flow ? LOL

Edited by Snakefish - 12/08/2019 at 9:58pm
Butterfly TB ALC fl

Andro Treiber Z - fl
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 11:04pm
A pity CAN Akkuzu lost (admittedly to a great talent).  He is the future of French table tennis and if anyone from France has a chance of ruling Europe, its him.  The all round combination of talent is compelling and he has already won the French National championship.   Hoping he doesn't get hammered by injury like Flore.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 190
FH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 B
BH: Tibhar MX-K 2.1 R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
VladCeller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 11:10pm

Are you saying this isn't the only table tennis forum in the world? I'm shocked!

If I understand correctly, a win here would give Hirano a 285 point lead over Ishikawa, who would then have to reach at least the semis at Grand Finals. So Kasumi'd better win this final and put the pressure on Miu.

Edit: how emotional... so now I suppose that Hirano will have to get a better result than Ishikawa at Grand Finals (advance one round further) in order to clinch the second singles spot.

.... Hirano will have to get a better result than Ishikawa at Grand Finals (advance one round further) in order to clinch the second singles spot....

Yes....
Before the Grand Final:

- C.I.C. 11680 gf/1785old result gf-2018/
- F.T. 11610 gf/1530old result gf-2018/
10- Ishikawa 11715 gf/1785old result gf-2018/ (10950 minimum in 2020/1,if los in R-16 GF-2019)
11- Hirano 11325 gf/1530old result gf-2018/     (10815 minimum in 2020/1,if los in R-16 GF-2019)

But  correctly indicated above - TOP-12 is still ahead (November 21-22 ....)
Who will have to play in the first round of TOP-12 - Ishikawa or Hirano - will be known after the Grand Final ....The game in the first round of TOP-12 is a knockout in the company of Sato, Kato, Hayata, Nagasaki, Kihara ....Unhappy

Edited by VladCeller - 12/08/2019 at 11:12pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 8:40pm
Wow Xiang Peng playing like a young FZD... so speedy and powerful! He gets into many crazy positions when he does his FH loop... 
-------
Hurricane Long 5

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: TinArc 5
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Wow Xiang Peng playing like a young FZD... so speedy and powerful! He gets into many crazy positions when he does his FH loop... 

He has weak bh. He should work on it
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 9:43pm
Hirano got more points in the final than Ishikawa, 61-55. Not like it counts for anything. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic