Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2020/2021 Tokyo Olympics July 24-Aug.6
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2020/2021 Tokyo Olympics July 24-Aug.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 11:10am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

along with HT's loss, another big disappointment for Japan is Osaka's exit.  At least they have the Gold in XD.
That was a shocker indeed. I did not see that coming. She put too much pressure on herself with that RG and Wimbledon stance about speaking to journalists after a match. I support her 100% on the issue and I was hoping to see her conquering gold at the OG so the world of money would take a slap in the face; didn't happen.
Sponsored Links

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

The new blade by Darko Jorgic – DJC – uses the Dyneema® carbon fibre. Consisting of 5 wood plies and 2 layers of Dyneema® carbon fibres, Dynamic JC confers enormous power and penetrating force to your topspin strokes. Since the Dyneema® carbon fibres do not lie directly underneath the top veneer, the touch feeling is not only determined by the Dyneema® fibre. Power, control, flebixility are the main qualities of DJC but also of Darko‘s playing style

I don't believe those "official" claims. People still think FZD is using a Stiga VPS?Smile

I dont think he s using a viscaria now ,its too easy to detect that. Persson used clipper with donic handle and was sued.
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

The new blade by Darko Jorgic – DJC – uses the Dyneema® carbon fibre. Consisting of 5 wood plies and 2 layers of Dyneema® carbon fibres, Dynamic JC confers enormous power and penetrating force to your topspin strokes. Since the Dyneema® carbon fibres do not lie directly underneath the top veneer, the touch feeling is not only determined by the Dyneema® fibre. Power, control, flebixility are the main qualities of DJC but also of Darko‘s playing style

I don't believe those "official" claims. People still think FZD is using a Stiga VPS?Smile

I dont think he s using a viscaria now ,its too easy to detect that. Persson used clipper with donic handle and was sued.

From the videos, he was using a customized Viscaria in the warmup games earlier this month. 
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

Anyone else having trouble watching the replay of the mixed on stream.nbcolympics.com? It just dumps me to "coverage has concluded". I can watch all the other ones listed under "replay" just fine.
Looks like they've fixed this issue.  I can watch the replay now.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 12:17pm
The JYS-Gionis match point, and Adam Bobrow's commentary of it, were featured on "Tokyo Gold" (recap show streaming on Peacock). Looks like Adam will get more opportunities.
22SAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22SAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 12:25pm
My round of 16 observations:

1. Tough luck for Chuang. He lost a long game to Assar and missed out on the QF. 

2. Timo's Olympics jinx continues with his loss to JYS. Timo is 40, will we see him again at Paris for one last shot at the Olympic medal podium? I don't think so.

3. Tough luck for Harimoto too. He had a good shot to get to the SF. He is very young and there are more opportunities to grow.

4. If Lin gets to the semi, he has a good shot at the bronze v/s Dima.
DHS PPK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DHS PPK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 12:26pm
Adam Bobrow! Not a fan. He’s clueless in this sport and thankfully removed from American English language international table tennis commentary particularly because he felt the need to artificially over vocalise and distract from the actual high pace action and excitement at the table. Table tennis is the main event not some loud constant non stop barrage interruption from someone with little knowledge of the game as not table tennis athlete but more clown or comedian. Perhaps try typical American sports where this is more a thing - having over the top annoying commentary.
Da Hot Shot Ping Pong King - Ping Pong Fung Fu - shake hand Shoaling + pen hold flying dagger style
Loop to kill not kill to loop - gifted by nature - lazy by choice
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by DHS PPK DHS PPK wrote:

Adam Bobrow! Not a fan. He’s clueless in this sport and thankfully removed from American English language international table tennis commentary particularly because he felt the need to artificially over vocalise and distract from the actual high pace action and excitement at the table. Table tennis is the main event not some loud constant non stop barrage interruption from someone with little knowledge of the game as not table tennis athlete but more clown or comedian. Perhaps try typical American sports where this is more a thing - having over the top annoying commentary.

LOL, I think he's OK. Sometimes he goes too far, but overall, he's fun to listen to & watch.

In terms of bad sports commentary, watch this,

BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 1:30pm

Table tennis commentator brings excitement to Olympic games

igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 1:46pm
FOR a learned fart like me no narrative accompany is needed. I am an expert at everething.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 3:05pm

LOL, I think he's OK. Sometimes he goes too far, but overall, he's fun to listen to & watch.

In terms of bad sports commentary, watch this,

What are you saying?  the ladies shown are not cute?
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 3:22pm
where we can find replay of JYS and GP? I ask for friend. nhk?
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 3:42pm
Omar Assar.....some cracking results 4-3 flack and a C Y Chuang win.... 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 3:49pm
Lin Yun-Ju and Ovtcharov should have swapped places in the draw... Ovtcharov has a much better chance against Fan Zhendong than Ma Long, and Lin Yun-ju has a much better chance against Ma Long than Fan Zhendong.....

But that said, JYS vs Fan Zhendong should be a good one to watch with a crazy amount of ultra fast rallies and should be one of the more dangerous matchups for Fan Zhendong... 

-------
Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Dignics 05
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 4:13pm
Harimoto choked hard against Darko Jorgic after leading 3-2 and I think 3-0 in the 6th set. His strategy of oppressing Darko's middle area with the BH and then switching it over to the wide angles once he got Darko out of position was excellent (which got him into this lead in the first place). However, somehow he stopped doing that and tried safe spinny opening shots (not his forte anyway), even pushed back long serves/pushes lol... and these were just free juicers for Darko who of course punished all these soft balls LOL. His ability to accelerate with the BH was so bad that he started pivoting with his FH (not his forte either) and got blocked to the deep FH which got him into trouble

Just pretty bad mental strength compared to say Ito....
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 4:28pm
It's tempting to criticize Harimoto, but to be honest Darko did the impossible. I was going to say what I think Harimoto is doing wrong and why he is not improving, but I better shut up because Darko did the match of his life... he could have beaten anyone today.

Edited by seguso - 07/27/2021 at 4:29pm
viscaria - fh h8 40 - bh h8 40 - 2015 video
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

It's tempting to criticize Harimoto, but to be honest Darko did the impossible. I was going to say what I think Harimoto is doing wrong and why he is not improving, but I better shut up because Darko did the match of his life... he could have beaten anyone today.

The coach from PingSunday explained the reason(s). It's like when you use your best weapon to attack your opponent and unfortunately you find out he has similar weapon, but better.

BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Harimoto choked hard against Darko Jorgic after leading 3-2 and I think 3-0 in the 6th set. His strategy of oppressing Darko's middle area with the BH and then switching it over to the wide angles once he got Darko out of position was excellent (which got him into this lead in the first place). However, somehow he stopped doing that and tried safe spinny opening shots (not his forte anyway), even pushed back long serves/pushes lol... and these were just free juicers for Darko who of course punished all these soft balls LOL. His ability to accelerate with the BH was so bad that he started pivoting with his FH (not his forte either) and got blocked to the deep FH which got him into trouble

Someone has mentioned that Harimoto would have to play more forehand against Darko to win the match...Smile
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 4:47pm

Someone has mentioned that Harimoto would have to play more forehand against Darko to win the match...Smile

LOL, then the score would be 1:4
BTY Viscaria 90g
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 4:58pm

The coach from PingSunday explained the reason(s). It's like when you use your best weapon to attack your opponent and unfortunately you find out he has similar weapon, but better.

need to watch the match video first. However, no matter what was the reason for his lost, I hope he can recover from this loss.  TT needs more good players  Cry

Edited by Egghead - 07/27/2021 at 5:28pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 5:05pm
I think Harimoto's forehand is not improving because he is being held back by his stance. He has a blocking stance, if you watch carefully. He's like "sitting down" , almost on his heels. So when he has a ball on the forehand he is caught too low. Also, often there is no weight shifting on the right leg. I think it's the blocking position that's preventing his development. The only way out is to switch to some DHS or 09c DHS rubber on forehand. His ranking will drop to #20 for one year, but at least it will force him to change stance. it's no use to do those hard looping drills with the tenergy: it has too much catapult and is not forcing him to fix his bad habits.

Edited by seguso - 07/27/2021 at 5:19pm
viscaria - fh h8 40 - bh h8 40 - 2015 video
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 6:49pm
Find the Tomokazu Harimoto vs Darko Jorgic match. It seems that it was the backhand serve Dead
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 7:25pm

What a very nice thing to say! He must be devastated and Darko deserves credit for showing up at the right time. Criticizing while Harimoto's men's singles Olympic corpse is still warm would lack class and they don't lack of it in Italia, that's why they won the Euro LOL.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 7:31pm

Hes the best color commentator with knowledge of the game. All of the other commentators are terribly boring or speak poor english. 
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 7:42pm

I think Harimoto's forehand is not improving because he is being held back by his stance. He has a blocking stance, if you watch carefully. He's like "sitting down" , almost on his heels. So when he has a ball on the forehand he is caught too low. Also, often there is no weight shifting on the right leg. I think it's the blocking position that's preventing his development. The only way out is to switch to some DHS or 09c DHS rubber on forehand. His ranking will drop to #20 for one year, but at least it will force him to change stance. it's no use to do those hard looping drills with the tenergy: it has too much catapult and is not forcing him to fix his bad habits.

You can't get to win against Ma Long and Fan Zhendong with a FH that has no weight transfer.... He blasted plenty of FHs by them. But Darko plays farther away from the table and if you try overpowering him you end up overhitting and making a ton of unforced errors while he blocks it back to you with a lot of pace. Harimoto's strategy was correct, to use the BH to really jam Darko's middle area (going to the BH or FH will just get loopkilled from that distance) and he got to a commanding position leading 3:2. Had he continued this strategy he would have won. 
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Find the Tomokazu Harimoto vs Darko Jorgic match. It seems that it was the backhand serve Dead

Darko was using the BH serve from the beginning, Harimoto didn't find all that much issues with it....
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 7:45pm

You can't get to win against Ma Long and Fan Zhendong with a FH that has no weight transfer.... He blasted plenty of FHs by them. But Darko plays farther away from the table and if you try overpowering him you end up overhitting and making a ton of unforced errors while he blocks it back to you with a lot of pace. Harimoto's strategy was correct, to use the BH to really jam Darko's middle area (going to the BH or FH will just get loopkilled from that distance) and he got to a commanding position leading 3:2. Had he continued this strategy he would have won. 

Darko was leading almost all 7 games (except the 5th game) before reaching the game point. Harimoto really did not show any edge over Darko in the match.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 8:06pm

Darko was leading almost all 7 games (except the 5th game) before reaching the game point. Harimoto really did not show any edge over Darko in the match.

He was leading I think 2:0 and 6:4 in the crucial sixth game before he started showing nerves and lost 7 out of the next 8 points...

Edited by blahness - 07/27/2021 at 8:07pm
-------
Butterfly Viscaria

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 9:51pm
ISHIKAWA is out 1-4 Dead

Edited by Egghead - 07/27/2021 at 9:53pm
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2021 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

ISHIKAWA is out 1-4 Dead

YMY played very well. ISHIKAWA was in a rush..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>
  Share Topic