Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 30 free Tibhar MX-K(H) rubbers by Nexy for testers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

30 free Tibhar MX-K(H) rubbers by Nexy for testers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

OK, here is the first part...

I've opened and compared the MX-K with my usual MX-P, for 2 reasons: 1) I have one at hand ;) and 2) it is a very popular rubber which many players will have played with or tried.

So it's worth pointing out both my 2 MX-K weight a similar 101 - 102g when still wrapped.
This should be compared to ca. 110g for MXP, but as you'll see, a lot of the weight is in the wrapping!

The MX-K is 74g uncut (bare rubber), with dimensions of 17cm x 16.9, so about 0.25g / cm2
THe MX-P is 75g uncut (also bare rubber), but with dimensions 16.7 x 17.9, so also about 0.25g / cm2

just to confirm: 2.3mm and regular MX-K, not H?
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2019 at 3:55pm
Correct. MX-K, not H
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2019 at 12:06pm
So, resuming training tomorrow, here are a few more thoughts.

I've glued the black rubber on my ZJK BLue Dragon. It's one of my favorite blades, and I think this combination is very promising. So 2 layers of Rev 3 on the blade, and 2 on the rubber are sufficient. The first layer on the rubber basically fills a lot of the holes, so don't spare the glue!

One thing I would say is that the triangle to indicate the middle of the rubber is useful, and well-placed. I've added two photos to the album ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hbaotdmjyirxnux/AACRueysTqhpWfP9HFzVfE7qa?dl=0 ). One is leftover from an MX-P (red sponge), the other (white sponge) is from the MX-K. It is clear that for some unknown reason, the letters MX-P are not centered, as we're dangerously close to the right side of the topsheet. This is true for every MX-P I've used.
No such problem with MX-K, so oversized blades won't be a problem. Well done Nexy.

The MX-K is not tacky. It does not lift a ball. The surface seems however very grippy, and a bit harder than the MXP on the other side.
It feels like they've hit a sweet spot in terms of dynamism. The rubber reminds me a bit of the XIOM Omega 7 Pro. Very linear (contained trampoline effect), it is easy to keep a small bounce on the racket, but as you hit harder, the "kick" develops.

I am a fairly aggressive attacker with both wings, probably around 2000 - 2200 according to https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletennis/comments/7u09f8/comparison_table_of_european_rankings/ and I need something that's got more kick than XIOM vega pro, yet keeps a good control. I've found the hard way MX-P is quite demanding on serve-receive.

I can't wait to try it for a good few hours.

Edited by Olio - 12/27/2019 at 12:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic