tabletennis11.com

$95 Avalox all-wood blades?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $95 Avalox all-wood blades?
    Posted: 06/03/2010 at 8:55pm
Is Nittaku using the same Swedish factory as Avalox and then marking them up further?

Looks like a BT555
http://www.paddlepalace.com/Bizelox/productinfo/SNBIZ/

Sounds like a P500
http://www.paddlepalace.com/Runlox-5/productinfo/SNRUN/

Bizelox, Runlox, Lialox, wtfox.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Sponsored Links

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 9:06pm
I think they have some sort of strategic alliance type thing... otherwise, it just looks like a copy of the famous Avalox blades. Might even be made in the same factory and just tagged as Nittaku... made in Sweden anyway right?

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 9:29pm
Nittaku is notorious for copying other brands. They even copy the name, it's not like they even tried to hide it by rebadging the blade. It's the same except for the words "Nittaku" and "Japan". For example DHS Hurricane, DHS WL, Donic JO Waldner rubber, Donic Waldner Senso Carbon are just a few of those copied equipment. The rubbers supposedly have more "quality" and the blades are supposed to be Made in Japan since they are JTTTA approved. That's the only difference, that and the higher price. Did I mention much higher price?

The blades you pointed out are probably clones too, maybe direct copies. But at least they got smarter and tried to be sneaky this time and changed the name.

Personally, I don't think there is anything different besides the Made in Japan tags and metal Nittaku badge at the bottom of the handle. Craftsmanship is probably the same and from the same factory.

Basically you are paying over $40 more for the same blade and the notion that you are playing with a Japanese made blade with supposedly "better" quality.
Viscaria
T05/T64
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 9:31pm
Is lialox the same? I thought the J-aramid was thinner than 6.8mm? Either way, yeah, I'd wager they're just marked up clones. I wouldn't pay $95 for an all wood blade unless it was in the category of Violin, Acoustic, Tenor, etc. 
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic