Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a look at XIOM - hinoki/carbon shakehand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a look at XIOM - hinoki/carbon shakehand
    Posted: 07/05/2006 at 4:56pm
Champion XIOM (korean TT company) makes an X-Carbon series of blades which are all kiso hinoki/carbon blades. I'm not sure if they are using for the core... whether it is hinoki, cypress or something else... nice packaging, neat looking case and the blade... Has anyone used any of these or have any opinions?

Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
Sponsored Links

Balint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 3:53am
Yeees very nice, numbered and everything.. If it plays like it looks ...
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
FH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
BH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
Glue SZIKO PREMIUM SPEED ;-)
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 5:13am
is there a catalogue for xiom product....im tempted, all the while i thought xiom is only manufacturing jpen hinoki blade only...its nice to see that they do come up with shakehand blade.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 6:18am
It would be nice to have a review of the blade.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Balint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 8:17am
Balint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 8:19am
XIOM Tuuk X-Gene  looks like Donic Dotec
President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 1:39pm

That looks exactly like a donic dotec.

Artikelnummer: 4201

Peace out.

JFJ
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 2:14pm
I wonder if everything that is marked as "Schneider Designs" is made in Germany. For instance ther non-hinoki blades and bags mostly say Shneider Designs. All their rubbers seem to be made in Germany as well. Maybe at the same factory that Donic uses?

XIOM TT really informative flash page. You have to expand the whole screen to see everything.

I checked to see how much the case that comes with the blade is and XIOM wants $28USD... Do you think the case is an added value or part of the price and the blade is really $60-$70?

Their Hinoki blades don't have the Schneider Designs designation it seems so maybe the hinoki ones are not made in Germany.

I ordered a Kiso Hinoki/X-Carbon blade which should be waiting for me when I get back from the MyTT training camp next month... i'll post a review/opinion next month or so, unless someone else gets one first.
Shalashashka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shalashashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 3:02pm
All I gotta say is that Xiom's marketing is excellent. They make their blades look as if it's the most desirable blade to own. This is especially true with their jpens. 100,000 won is not bad either seeing that you get the nice case and fancy packaging.
Extra Rorin.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by phrixion phrixion wrote:

I ordered a Kiso Hinoki/X-Carbon blade which should be waiting for me when I get back from the MyTT training camp next month... i'll post a review/opinion next month or so, unless someone else gets one first.

From which store did you order, if I may ask? How much did they charge you for shipping to US?
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

From which store did you order, if I may ask? How much did they charge you for shipping to US?

It was quite an ordeal. They don't have any North American resellers yet. I contacted Champion Co. Ltd. directly from their Korean web site. I had to make a remittance payment and paid $50 in shipping via EMS.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by phrixion phrixion wrote:

Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

It was quite an ordeal. They don't have any North American resellers yet. I contacted Champion Co. Ltd. directly from their Korean web site. I had to make a remittance payment and paid $50 in shipping via EMS.

Wow. Did you get a Speed 1?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 10:39pm
I went with the Power series per their recommendation from people who play TT at Champion Co. Ltd., but I only asked about their Kiso Hinoki/Carbon shakehand blades.
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 11:19pm

It looks like a copy of the BTY Schlager Carbon.  THe lines look nice and even, but are pretty wide apart.   Seems to be Cypress.

Sweet case.

PHRIXION

remittance payment and paid $50 in shipping via EMS.

Hpw do you do that?  I've never done business that way before.  Is it done through banks? 

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 11:51pm
yes, it's basically a wire transfer. they say the blades are kiso hinoki, do you mean the core ply is cypress?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 11:52pm
I think both blades from the Power series are great. It looks like "Power 2" is a bit harder and faster than "Power 1". Please share your review with us once you had a chance to hit with it.

BTW, is remittance payment like a C.O.D.?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 11:55pm

Did you do the transfer from the bank or like Western Union?

and also it looks like the same spacing as my Schlager carbon on the outer ply.  IT's probably lower grade Hinoki.  THey most likely save the good stuff for the 1-ply blades.

And yes the inner section looks the same as well.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:04am
I think there's a few methods.. you can use your bank or any other wire transfer services as long as the money gets there, I used my bank. How do you tell the quality of hinoki by eye?
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:05am

THinner & straighter = better

Wider = more tree growth = worse

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:08am
ah thanks
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 1:09am

contact for exiom goods

David Lee at   +82 2 2285 6248 or  [email protected]          

I wonder why you all are interested in those carbon blades. I reckon those with the people's names such as stradivarius, guarnery, maximus, maximillian, ovid, amati and dante, are more popular in korea, some of which are carbon, some 5-ply woods, some 7-ply woods.

I have a Maximus, a 5-ply wood blade, and it is as fast as a carbon one. all exiom blades are finished with nice coating, the surface never come off.

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 2:33am
oh man, i wanna get my hands on that maximus off+... anyone know where to get this blade? it says 65 buck USD on their site but ordering is coming soon. is there a place to buy them in hong kong or guangdong?
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 9:37am
I just looked over their global shopping page. The only distributors/resellers are in South Korea, Germany and Taiwan it seems from their web page. Here's the Taiwan contact info.

Taiwan contact:
Mr. Chia Ming Sing
Comapny: Triniheng co. ltd.
Tel: +886 4 2231 2328
fax: +886 4 2231 2308
email: [email protected]
site: http://www.ttta.com.tw

Looks like plans to have resellers/distributors in Beijing, Tokyo, Thailand, New York and Los Angeles according to their Global Shopping map.
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 2:48pm
Only got the blade, no case. I guess that's seperate.

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2006 at 3:43pm
Do Hinoki blades need to be sealed?

---------------------------------------------

This completely unscientific...

Just did a little side by side comparison of a M.Maze vs. the Power 1. dropping a brand new DHS 3-star a ball from an arm approximately 12 inches above the blade, the blade is locked in a vice.

The Xiom Power 1 Hinoki blade is definitely livelier and has a consistent bounce compared to the M.Maze. Where the M.Maze absorbs much of the energy, the Power 1 springs it back it seems and has more of a solid feeling (in hand) for the ball than the M.Maze. Yet the M.Maze is faster on each bounce but much lower in height and absorbs almost all the vibration. The Hinoki blade has a tink sound to it where the m.maze has more of a tonk.
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2006 at 6:45pm
no, they don't need to be sealed.
Potato Face
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2006 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by silvalis silvalis wrote:

no, they don't need to be sealed.

Really. I thought hinoki spliters like any other type of wood. Anyway, I do seal all my hinoki blades.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic