FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

All the best players...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All the best players...
    Posted: 11/28/2008 at 2:32pm
do that thing with their foot where they use the sole of their shoe to slap, or with a pushing type action, kick downward with the sole of ones shoe, a ball that was, but not is, currently "in play" and is in the process of bouncing already, unable to defy gravity, after a point or rally, the intent being to  subsequently bounce, initially downwardly toward the floor then upwardly, a ball being retrieved,  thusly facilitating its retrieval.

Now after my attempt at clarification and being quite unsure as to its effectiveness I will say, yes beeray1, you "get" me!!!
Thanks for the laughs gentlemen!

Just an observation.
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Sponsored Links

rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 2:58pm
what? :S
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 3:06pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 3:06pm
:?

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 3:11pm
Stomping?
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 3:42pm
Um

DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF.

Would you like to make yourself more clear, Heimdallalso?
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

do that thing with their foot where they use the sole of their shoe to slap and subsequently bounce, downwardly to the floor then upwardly, a ball being retrieved,  thusly facilitating its retrieval.

Just an observation.

After many times having crushed a few LOL, you have to get it while it's bouncing, it's actually a soccer feat, tougher with a TT ball. Picking it up is your safest bet.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:09pm

i understand now. Hes saying like when the ball gets away, and its still bouncing on the floor, instead of grabbing it with your hand you slap it with your foot into the ground to bounce it up to your hand. Its for people who dont wanna bend down a lot. I do it sometimes if im feelin lazy. I've never accidentally crushed it or anything.. i dont have any problems doing it.

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:14pm
my friend does it quite often. I can do it only with a handball. Never tried anything with a ping pong ball.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

i understand now. Hes saying like when the ball gets away, and its still bouncing on the floor, instead of grabbing it with your hand you slap it with your foot into the ground to bounce it up to your hand. Its for people who dont wanna bend down a lot. I do it sometimes if im feelin lazy. I've never accidentally crushed it or anything.. i dont have any problems doing it.

He meant from a standing ball...not bouncing, where you have to roll it back n forth really quick under the shoes to get a rolling bounce...then you can bounce it upwards.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:46pm
reading his comment, its just really hard to tell lol. if thats what he means.. then it sounds like suicide! I wouldn't risk that. But what I'm talking about is a pretty safe bet.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

reading his comment, its just really hard to tell lol. if thats what he means.. then it sounds like suicide! I wouldn't risk that. But what I'm talking about is a pretty safe bet.

I re read it a couple of times :) but i can tell you, it's nearly impossible on a rubber floor ;) LOL LOL
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 5:03pm
Dont risk the groin pull..........  just step on the ball...crush it...and make the other player get a new one.  haaaaaa  Then you will save on energy and have alittle extra for the next point.   LOL
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 7:52pm
i love the description, but yeah sometimes my coach does it, but i dont usually do it, never tried
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 8:01pm
I have attempted to clarify the original post.

...again, thanks for the laughs fellas!
LOL
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic