Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Euro vs Chinese Loop Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by e1itepirate e1itepirate wrote:

whats a good beginner rubber to learn the chinese loop? I think the neo series are slightly too fast to learn.

try the Palio CJ8000 (36-38) soft sponge, it'll give you lots of control with power. excellent on a TBS blade.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Sponsored Links

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 2:02pm
Its a chicken and egg situation.
The Older I get, The better I was.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 2:46pm

i tried blue whale 2 untuned but i thought it was a little too fast. it was 39 degree though. would 37 make that much of a difference?

yes the sponge hardness makes a HUGE difference. you do not want to try 729-08 or 05, whichever is the newer one...it feels like a brick.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

e1itepirate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e1itepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

i tried blue whale 2 untuned but i thought it was a little too fast. it was 39 degree though. would 37 make that much of a difference?

yes the sponge hardness makes a HUGE difference. you do not want to try 729-08 or 05, whichever is the newer one...it feels like a brick.

do you have any suggestions on a blade to fit bw2 of that hardness? I was thinking stiga OC CR or avalox bt555
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 3:26pm
what do you currently use? so far i've used it on a TBS, Mizutani, YEO, clipper cr, and stiga off nct. i really hated it on the nct. if you have a clipper or yeo laying around then it's the best one that i've used so far for that combo.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by spitfire spitfire wrote:

either style will take you to the top if you master them...

True... but one style is ugly, and one style is so pretty. Wink

cmon anton, look at alexei smirnov, hes a russian ballerina on court!

LOL Of course, of course... It's all subjective. I was just being antagonistic a little bit, all in good fun.

Personally, I prefer to watch (and emulate, as best I can) the Chinese style. Fluid and harmonious, yet consistent and precise--almost like if you taught a robot to dance. LOL It's probably just the quasi-fascist sociopath in me. Wink

The Euro style, to me, just looks a little less refined, a little more sloppy, and just a little more... "human". For example, of course Maze is great and I have much respect for him and his athleticism. However, he also frequently looks like a fish flopping around sometimes, to me.

Again, this isn't some "objective" claim--just my subjective perception. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e1itepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

what do you currently use? so far i've used it on a TBS, Mizutani, YEO, clipper cr, and stiga off nct. i really hated it on the nct. if you have a clipper or yeo laying around then it's the best one that i've used so far for that combo.

i play with an all around nct right now. dont have either of those blades, might get one of them though. thanks for your help.
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 4:21pm

e1litepirate, do yourself a favor and do 2 things if you want to learn the chinese stroke.

1)  Pick a blade that fits your level.  If you're a not an advanced player (Under 1700-1800 rating), please don't go straight to the TBS or YEO or CR.  Start with a Stiga OC CR, Yasaka Extra.  You'll probably want to start with H3 instead of BW2.  H3's speed will be fine on a slower blade like the Extra and OC CR.  BW2 can be a little uncontrollable for beginning players and you won't be able to generate spin as easily to start with.  BW2 is great for more advanced players who have the feel of the stroke down already.  The tack from the H3 will help you grab more dwell time and spin which will help you learn how to control the stroke.

2)  Get a coach that specializes in teaching the stroke.  DO NOT learn from videos or try to learn yourself unless you want to fill your head with really bad habits as its almost impossible to grasp all the little nuances/feel/timing thats involved that you need to learn.
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e1itepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 4:24pm
yeah i've got some coaching here and there but i want to start to go weekly. i really want the oc cr but i cant find anywhere that sells the non wrb version.
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 4:26pm
Paddle Palace may have it.  If they don't, contact CGS at powerpingpong.  He should be able to get you one.  Also for your coaching, ensure they actively use the chinese stroke before you sign up.  I've seen people go to a Euro stroke coach trying to learn the chinese stroke with the coach saying they know it and they learned COMPLETELY wrong.
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e1itepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 4:32pm
i emailed paddle palace and they said they wont be getting any more ever. the coach seemed like he taught the chinese loop. he focused on using power from your legs and a foward motion. ill ask him next time when i see him.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 6:22pm
here's a link to stiga offensive CR non-wrbhttp://ttpioneers.ping-pong.com/Product.php?ProductID=SB329
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e1itepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 6:28pm
they only have penhold, i want master flared.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 6:43pm
i see it over at dandoy... http://www.dandoy-sports.com/tabletennisequipment/product_info.php?pName=stiga-offensive-classic-cr&cName=blades

and presports has it too. it only comes in flared master
http://www.presports.com/stiga-offensive-cr-blade-off-p-839.html
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e1itepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 6:54pm
thanks!
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2010 at 8:59pm
no problem....i just think that price wise, you're better off getting either a gaiten extra or a YEO. b/c it's like $50 for those other blades and only (at most $42) for the YEO.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic