FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Any penholders out there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any penholders out there?
    Posted: 01/06/2006 at 11:27pm
Hi, wondering if there are any other penholders in this forum. Just stop by and chat about good rubbers for penhold and such. Thanks!
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Sponsored Links

Mushin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2006 at 11:45pm
There's tons of penholders around here. As for rubbers... search around there are about a million topics on this. Generally they will tell you you sticky chinese rubbers for forehand and jap/euro rubbers for backhand.
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D (penhold)
FH: Yasaka New Era 2.2
BH: LKT XT Pro 2.2
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2006 at 11:46pm
yee whazzup, penholder here. Welcome to the forum. just browse through the forum and you'll find tons of topic about penhold rubbers. But mostly DHS and 729 rubbers are common for penholder.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2006 at 11:54pm
I am a penholder from south america( chile)but I live here in usa. at first I was c-pen,then moved to j-pen and know I am back with c- pen with rpb.mm about your set-up I recomend you to put something a little bit faster on your forehand, try my juic 999 ultima with speed glue,, you will like it. for your backhand you might need a fast and light japanese .DHS PF4-1. is way to hard and it is not suitable for rpb. PF4 was good in the old times but now became useless, unles you are a hitter.
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Blade: Galaxy T4
FH: Globe 999
BH: Butterfly Cermet I'm not re-gluing anymore
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 2:43am
Where did you get your 999 ultima. There are alot of brands that reship 999 rubbers, is there a difference between the products or are they the same. Juic, Globe, and maybe Nittaku all sell 999 rubbers. The prices for these vary greatly, and I do not know what to think of it. Any ideas?
Avalox 550
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 2:45am
Hey, Ikaros, the light jap rubbers that you were talking about, do you have a specific one in mind. Because I am not really sure how to tell apart jap and euro rubbers. I know tibhar is mainly European, but I am not sure about the jap rubbers. Thanks.
Avalox 550
Ah Hie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah Hie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 3:26am

i am c penholder.

i put the butterfly bryce at fh but stiil want find some siutable rubber for my back side.

my blade is butterfly jc cn7.

the hander i sbetweem japanese and chinese...

Butterfly Chinese ULC + Xiom vega pro
Nittaku Rorin + T05
KTS red Label+ Stiga Boot TP
BTY RSM Max + Bryce
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 5:01am

if chinese style have something chinese in your fh, it could be something like hurricane.  Bh i would go for sriver el, or anything that is elastic and not too soft or too hard (medium is really fine!).  don't get anything sticky or tacky because you don't want the dwell time for your rpb.  if u don't want to spend a lot, i really recommend sriver el.  i've tried many chinese rubbers and they are usually not good for rpb so I stopped looking.  don't get fx el, that is really slow for rpb and i mean very slow even for beginners.  fx doesn't feel right and i don't understand why people want something light just because they prefer to have something light for their penhold.  u r supposed to have some weight for your penhold and a little heavy is always better.  if you are an attacker then you want something heavy.  the weight provides you a better sense of touch for the new 40 mm ball.   

Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 5:04am
DHS PF4 is no good
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 10:17am
729-3 on 1.3 (or is it 1.5? i keep forgetting) cannon sponge is really good for rpb. very fast. but i stay close to the table, maybe once you go away, its hard to use.
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 2:07pm
best c pen for me is the stiga offensive cr with 2.0 mendo mp both sides and the best j pen setup is ryu seung min blade with bryce fx 2.1 fh and sriver el 1.9 bh.Out of all the backhand rubbers i have used sriver el seems the best.The best chinese rubber i have used for penhold is dhs h2 but i tend to like japanese style rubbers over chinese
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
tony7190 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony7190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 2:37pm
i penhold and i'm chinese...
but my paddle is shakehand ... lolol
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 2:53pm
On the 729-3, is that for FH or BH. I am pretty sure that is inverted right?
Avalox 550
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 2:54pm
Are Sriver and Bryce as durable as Mendo MP? How long do the friendship rubbers usually last? thanks
Avalox 550
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 3:18pm
sriver and bryce are very durable so is mendo mp.They all need glue to reach their potentials.When glued bryce is the fastest.mendo is second but has very good spin and sriver is just a tad slower but has the best control
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 3:21pm
i would not use pf41 on your bh go with sriver el 1.9 if you like dhs go with h3 i have tried 729 cream on the bh it works well also and so does mendo mp just use a 1.9 or thinner sponge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 3:28pm
I dont speed glue. Personally ryno, between H3 and Mendo MP which one is better, or sriver as well? Thanks
Avalox 550
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 3:31pm
 depends on your game if it is for the backhand i like sriver el the best 
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 5:57pm
I think out of the three, mendo mp is softest and then sriver and then H3. i think if you're not sure, then go for sriver. Sriver is one of the rubbers that will suit for almost EVERYBODY. MP is not bad either. Or just like ryno said, if you want softer, go for EL or FX.

but regarding pricing, any sriver is at least twice expensive as any 729 rubbers. for one sriver u can get 2 top quality 729. Especially for penhold.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 6:25pm
Im cpen player, I use globe 999 on fh and wang nan js and I use kalinic penhold for a blade. I dont use of any type of speed glue
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 7:22pm
Thanks guys, you have given alot of info. I'm gonna check on some prices in weigh my options. Thanks again.
Avalox 550
Mushin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2006 at 7:45pm

one more thing...  Don't be forced into using a sticky chinese rubber on your forehand. Its not always the best option for some people. I know some very good penholders that use Bryce and Magna on their forehands. Both these guys switched from using sticky chink rubbers aswell.

So yeh... experimenting is the best way.

Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D (penhold)
FH: Yasaka New Era 2.2
BH: LKT XT Pro 2.2
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 12:21am
729-3 is an inverted rubber. if you want the same combo as me though, you have to order from Cole since the topsheet and sponge is seperate and from different companies. its for bh (rpb = reverse penhold backhand).

2 good blades i have to mention is Kokutaku staycher cpen and Darker 7P-2A CHN. i just found out and tried the darker, and its better then the staysher for my style. i'll stay with my YE until i'm rich first though haha
khvn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 1:45am

What do you think about the Bty Senkoh-1 comparing to other J-pen blades?

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 1:55am
Senkoh-1 is okay.... Senkoh-5 is better because it has a round head on a jap handle. I think the rectangular head is not balanced very well. The jap handle is comfy, and the round head keeps it balanced.
Avalox 550
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 1:58am
Kokutaku staycher?? What brand is it from? Do you have a pic? I have heard of it before and I am very curious. Post info, thanks!
Avalox 550
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 10:24am
The company is Kokutaku . Staysher is the blade, but it comes in shakehand and cpen, and the cpen is really good. they used to be alittle thinner, now its 6.9 mm thick. awesome for rpb. very fast, but still good control. very springy. 7 ply hinoki wood. around 85 grams.

the darker 7P-2A CHN is same as that, except more speed and ever so slightly less control. different head shape. and 6.5 mm.
tonycl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonycl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 11:17am

I'm a Chinese Penholder

using H2 or H3 Black, with #20 sponge @ 2.15mm on my FH

using Striver EL 2.1mm Red on my bh

Yasaka Extra Chinese Penhold blade

johnchlaw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnchlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 11:24am
I am a penholder living in Houston, Texas. I like 729 6030 wood blade with 729 Faster on FH and 729FX on BH.
Galaxy T4 Chinese Penhold
FH: DHS Hurricane II or III
BH: 729 SP
johnchlaw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnchlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2006 at 11:25am
I am a penholder living in Houston, Texas. I like 729 6030 wood blade with 729 Faster on FH and 729FX on BH.
Galaxy T4 Chinese Penhold
FH: DHS Hurricane II or III
BH: 729 SP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic