Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attacking backspin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attacking backspin
    Posted: 02/02/2007 at 9:13am
Im having problems attacking a backspin ball that is a bit higher than net and is mid way on my table, i always seem to hit it to the net. any advice?

btw i have the baddest grip, but hey im used to it. EXTREME FH GRIP, for me i can attack bh as well/
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Sponsored Links

master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 9:47am
extreme Fh grip? You what exactly do you mean with that?

As for the looping on backspin, you might wanna try to make a faster arm movement. It's also quite important to swing your racket to your head..and more of an upward movement than forward.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:33am
ok cool, wat about SMASHING BACKSPIN?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

agni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:45am
Smashing against backspin is a dying art but it works .
If the ball is in the fh middle of the table any ball can be smashed . My way is : start below the ball , move up , make contact , move done in quick flash . The move up part is important as otherwise you will hit the net for a backspin.

http://www.masatenisi.org/english/frsmash.htm
applegreen allplay senso v1

FH yasaka mark v 2.0
BH Sriver FX 2.0

master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 10:58am
Hitting hard against backspin is indeed possible. It's very important to lift the ball up and go right through it. There are some big risk though: if the backspin ball is too short, you'll probably end up hitting the ball strait into the net. Bad positioning, if you've got a good position right infront of the ball and enough space (If the ball is played on your body, step around or just push it back) you can manage to hit it right...however when you're not close enough never try 'n hit such balls with streched arm!
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 1:21pm
If its higher than the net just hit through it at highest point. Needs good technique and good eye though

If you cant adjust that 'BAddest grip' to do bh then yr holding too tight.
Think flexibly and be open to change
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 1:42pm
Smashing backspin is probably going to be inconsistent, I'd say focus on getting a good arc on looping a backspin (spin>speed).
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2007 at 9:13pm
man yeh i need to get  aGRIP, ive boought the wrong bat, this dotec grip is too crazy for me.

I like the butterfly grips, its fat for me and fits comfortably, however ive sold that.

OOH yeh!! start below the ball. i keep on forgetting the fundamanetals during practice and in game.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2007 at 4:33pm
haha not smahs backspin use super ballon topspin `la banana`
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 12:24pm
what do you mean this dotec grip is too crazy for you?
does the handle shape mess u your movment into the ball
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 11:19pm
Yes.  As master-pong said.  Basically, just make sure you come up under the ball. Just think of how the spin is going to make it roll off your paddle into the net.   COME UP UNDER the ball
yhbae01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yhbae01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Swiffers Swiffers wrote:

Yes.  As master-pong said.  Basically, just make sure you come up under the ball. Just think of how the spin is going to make it roll off your paddle into the net.   COME UP UNDER the ball

I'm curious - what do you mean by "COME UP UNDER the ball" ? Is this equivalent to throwing a plate full of pie on someone's face? (pie --> ball, plate --> paddle) Does the paddle come up in a vertical position or horizontal position from below position?

Ok so that analogy sucks but you get the idea... LOL
Markus. L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markus. L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 12:39am
you watch the spin first, lil spin pull foward, alot spin pull upward. dont foget to use your knees
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic