FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Attention: All Single Ply Hinoki Club Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention: All Single Ply Hinoki Club Members
    Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:06pm
Calling all Single Ply Hinoki Club (SPHC) members.  Please share your treasured equipment with us and all forum members by providing the description of your 1-ply Hinoki setup as the following.

Blade: brand, model, and style (Jpen, Cpen, Shakehand, or else)

Rubbers: FH and BH, if any.

A short review of your setup, if you wish.

Pictures of your setup, if you wish.

Thank you!
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Sponsored Links

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:07pm
TSP Dynam 10.5mm (converted to RJPB)
FH Rubber: Dawei Inspirit Red Max 40deg (lamp oil tuned)
BH Rubber: Dawei 2008XP Black 2.2 (lamp oil tuned)

The setup is a bit chunky because its a 10.5mm blade with rubbers on both sides.  However it is not very heavy.  I have sealed the blade, so the 1st gear is fast and has less feeling.  My short game often suffers because of that.  However on the 2nd gear that's where the awesome Kiso Hinoki feeling comes alive and produces low loop arc.  This setup I would rate average for smashing and blocking.

Here are the pictures.

TSP Dynam 10.5mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:27pm
Kokutaku Super Cho Tokusen Bishu 1D-100, 9.3mm Jpen.
Bryce Hard 2.0
Fast, yet Controllable, Nice, Sweet to play with, Pure Joy to behold. Too dear/reluctant for me to play with.
Review? What Review? With THIS ONE in my hand, no time for writing reviews.
Pictures:
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:30pm
Butterfly Senkoh MAX 10mm Shakehnad
Mark V and Quattro 2.0mm
A driving blade, need to learn to brush loop with it, not sure if i can with the lack of exp that i have
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:45pm

Kokutaku ID100 dressed in FH Tenergy and BH Bryce FX Powersponge. What can I say about this setup? It is a powerful monster. FH smashes with this blade make such a loud cracking sound that everybody snaps to attention and marvel without fail. The opponent on the other side of the table just jumped and don't even know where the ball has goneTongue BH rpb loop if successful always caught my opponent by surprise as the ball would fly past them so fast in a very low arcSmile

I have other setups but they are going through different dresses at the moment so no point me mentioning themEmbarrassed

Cheers.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
BAND!T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAND!T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:53pm
Darker J-Speed90 Reverse. both sides with Darker Provine Tension 50. i changed this setup to a v-grip. theres very litte vibration, but lots of feedback. i feel the ball has a lot of dwell time in the blade. i have a problem with opening loops to deep fast underspin but that just might be me. my shortgame suffers but again.. it might just be me. but my loops are very quick.. not necessarily powerful though. kind of on the heavy side.
Gave up on V-Grip, SH smoother
Nittaku Noveliar [9 plies of powerthirst infused layers]
FH: BLACK Xiom Omega II Asian
BH: RED Stiga Boost TC
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

Mark V and Quattro 2.0mm
A driving blade, need to learn to brush loop with it, not sure if i can with the lack of exp that i have

Could you give some review about your Senkoh? By the way, I don't think your blade is hinoki Wink
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2008 at 11:58pm
Kokutaku Weizhou 3008 a little over 9mm, Shakehand.
FH: H3P 39 before/41 now.
BH: Tokyo 2 before/H3P39 now.

Tokyo 2 played great but I decided to take on the extra spin provided by the H3P and because the boosted speed provided by the 1 ply enabled me to use the H3P on the BH.

On flat hit, the H3P drops much faster than Tokyo 2 so I have to open up slightly more than usual or hit harder to compensate. Loops are fabulous.

Weight and thickness doesn't bother me. The thing that bothers me is the thickness of the handle, that's it.
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:27am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Mark V and Quattro 2.0mm

Could you give some review about your Senkoh? By the way, I don't think your blade is hinoki Wink

what r u on about lol
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:34am

Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Mark V and Quattro 2.0mm

what r u on about lol
I guess that I am wrong Wink
Could you give some review about your blade?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 1:21am
I think Senkoh Max is single ply hinoki. To me it looks thicker in appearance compared to J-pen of the same thickness. I am curious to read a review, as it should be very thick with rubbers on both sides of the blade. I already find my J-pen 10 mm as too bulky, even with only one rubber.
Theman, what is the weight of your blade without rubber ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 1:52am
man do i have remove my rubbers...*sigh* ill see...
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 2:57am
Blade: Darker Speed90 FL
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro 2.0 39 degree
BH: BTY Sriver 2.1

Quattro plays nice on the Speed90 FH-side but the blade really shines through Tenergy05. Sriver is just an all round rubber.
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:02am
Darker speed 90 with hyperglued Sriver (just as god wanted it ahahahha).

Geko rockets reaches its upper limit. Anything I hit at full speed has never been returned with it. Feeling is excellent. However unless you're prepared to take the 'giant wielding a doubled handed battle axe', I'd suggest staying away from this heavy beast.

Without glue the blade works well with Tenergy, however it seems to be more sensitive to incoming spin with it though.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Jpholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jpholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:54am
KTS Red Lebel with Energy
Ozzie Rooster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozzie Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 9:44am
After waiting for about 6 to 7 weeks since ordering this beautiful piece of equipment and crying tears of blood everytime the AUD dropped in value, I eventually received delivery of it, making me $195.00 poorer for the priviledge of ownership, having previously tried fattchoi's weapon with Tenergy 05 on the forehand, I had a choice of equipment problem, after a lot of thought Re: availability, cost and suitability of different rubbers, I decided to rely on a pair of rubbers I had tried previously, Donic J O Gold, 2.5mm (max) Black on the Forehand and Tibhar Super Defense 40, 1.6mm Soft Red on the Backhand, at this point I can't honestly tell you how my selection works, as I have only picked it up today and will have to wait till tomorrow, when I visit one of my T.T. clubs, at Maroubra Public School, I'm hoping by using the proper technique and improving my fitness, I'll do justice for the blade and rubbers that I have chosen, any advice from the
members will be very much appreciated, by the way the Darker's weight was a very reasonable 88 grams, allowing the all up playing weight to be at around 177 grams.... more later, after some practice and games..... 

Ozzie Rooster.....

1:Joola R*1, Platin MAX / D-Tecs OX.
2:BTTY Kiso Hinoki VII, Bryce Speed 2.1 / D-Tecs OX.
3:Tachi, Andro Hexer+ / D-Tecs OX.
4:Jemma, Donic Platin MAX / D-Tecs OX.
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 10:00am
Ozzie Rooster, welcome to the one ply hinoki clubSmile You can put 'Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club' in your signature.

Cheers.
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 10:10am
  Currently my setup is:

Blade: Yasaka Musashi Special -j-pen
Rubber: Sinus Alpha Max
Single Ply Hinoki club
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 10:17am
I switch between following two setups.
1. Darker Speed 90 Jpen, 10mm, 89grams.
Sinus Max(forehand), no RPB.

2. Nittaku Cho tokusen Jpen, 9mm, 82grams
Energy Extra(forehand), no RPB.

Setup 1 is optimal for mid distance play and short game is adequate too, Sinus is great for brush looping and close to table looping but enough power from mid distance.

Setup 2 suffers in generating power from mid distance, but great for close to table and control is great.
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
hinokio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hinokio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 10:46am
Butterfly Cypress Alpha.  Jpen.
Sriver 1.9

Blade is fast & has a really nice touch. But probably a little too fast for my level:( Am thinking of downgrading to a blade more at my level for a while. My previous blade was a Juic Kalinic (Cpen), with the same rubber.

Any suggestions folks? Wanna stick to JPen with rubber on one side only.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 11:55am
Blade: Custom 9.5-mm 1-ply WR-9 [shakehand, FL] from American Hinoki,  http://www.AmericanHinoki.com

Rubbers: Mark V 30 Red 2.0 [FH], Sriver EL Black 2.1 [BH]

Review: awesome however you use it, be it quick attack, close-to-the-table looping, flat-hitting, lobbing, blocking, short game, serve (but I am constantly looking for cheaper version of the rubbers. BH rubber is found - Gambler Six Shooter; for FH I will next try Dawei IQ Ultralight)

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimT2008/AHWRC9#
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
radu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:23pm
Custom 8.3-mm 1-ply WR-9 [shakehand, FL] made home,

Rubbers:Flextra 1.9[FH], 729-802-40 2.1 [BH]

Review: wesome however you use it,good feel and vibration, spin atack of player blocking,long serve and attack!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Ozzie Rooster Ozzie Rooster wrote:

After waiting for about 6 to 7 weeks since ordering this beautiful piece of equipment and crying tears of blood everytime the AUD dropped in value, I eventually received delivery of it, making me $195.00 poorer for the priviledge of ownership, having previously tried fattchoi's weapon with Tenergy 05 on the forehand, I had a choice of equipment problem, after a lot of thought Re: availability, cost and suitability of different rubbers, I decided to rely on a pair of rubbers I had tried previously, Donic J O Gold, 2.5mm (max) Black on the Forehand and Tibhar Super Defense 40, 1.6mm Soft Red on the Backhand, at this point I can't honestly tell you how my selection works, as I have only picked it up today and will have to wait till tomorrow, when I visit one of my T.T. clubs, at Maroubra Public School, I'm hoping by using the proper technique and improving my fitness, I'll do justice for the blade and rubbers that I have chosen, any advice from the
members will be very much appreciated, by the way the Darker's weight was a very reasonable 88 grams, allowing the all up playing weight to be at around 177 grams.... more later, after some practice and games..... 

Ozzie Rooster.....

Welcome to our club, Ozzie Rooster!  Is your blade a Speed-90 Shakehand?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Blade: Custom 9.5-mm 1-ply WR-9 [shakehand, FL] from American Hinoki,  http://www.AmericanHinoki.com

Review: awesome however you use it, be it quick attack, close-to-the-table looping, flat-hitting, lobbing, blocking, short game, serve (but I am constantly looking for cheaper version of the rubbers. BH rubber is found - Gambler Six Shooter; for FH I will next try Dawei IQ Ultralight)

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimT2008/AHWR9#

JimT, come on!  Get a real Hinoki Smile Wink
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by radu radu wrote:

Review: wesome however you use it,good feel and vibration, spin atack of player blocking,long serve and attack!

radu, is your blade really called WR-9, or did you just copy that from my post?

My blade is named WR-9 because it is made of [W]estern [R]ed Cedar, and its thickness is above 9 mm (it is actually 9.5 mm), therefore it's name is WR-9.

If you want to give your blade a similar name then, if it is, for instance, made of a European Spruce, call it ES-8, since it is 8.3 mm thick.

Just a little piece of advice...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by radu radu wrote:

radu, welcome to our club.  Did you make that blade?  What kind of wood is it? Is it Red Ceder or POC?
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/JimT2008/AHWR9#

JimT, come on!  Get a real Hinoki Smile Wink

I am trying, man! I made a post saying that I was looking for a Darker Speed 90, SH, FL around 87 g plus-minus 3 g... hoping that someone would have one they don't use. I even offered my old love, Xiom Stradivarius, as a possible trade (with cash added, of course). So far, no real offers... c'est la vie.

If nothing pans out, I can get one from IruIru, I guess, if they have one in my weight range. But I will wait a bit so when it comes, it's going to be a Christmas present.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:13pm
That would definitely be a sweet Christmas present for yourself.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 3:22pm

....But I will wait a bit so when it comes, it's going to be a Christmas present.
prior to THAT, get the presents for ur Lady and Children FIRST then u can think about ur REAL DESIRE/NEED for that Ultimate Hinoki or Darker Speed 90 w/ideal weight from Iruiru. Big%20smile My thought anyway....
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2008 at 9:03pm
Updated my post with pictures.

We gotta have more members than this!
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic