FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

beware of this individual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fabini View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beware of this individual
    Posted: 01/14/2014 at 9:24pm
hello.my name is fabio.I am new to this forum. I am a reseller of butterfly products and have sold on ebay as well as my own place down here in Miami. I want to report a very unfortunate situation in which I found my self the victim of theft at the hands of an individual named albert huang,who resides in Diamond ba,california. he purchased a Zhang Jike super ZLC from me and immediately after receiving it put his plan in motion the rob me. he made up all types of excuses to get the item returned.made up a ton of lies and surprisingly Ebay sided with with.Ebay reimbursed him and today after almost 2 weeks I received the supposed item only to find an empty Arylate box with the Zhang jike blade and box missing. Ebay basically told me,tough luck.it is the price of doing business. I just reported this thief to IC3.gov and to Ebay. I now find myself $369 in the red which is a lot of money for me.I just wanted to make you guys aware of this individual so you wont fall prey of his thieving manners.thank you.
Sponsored Links

kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 9:58pm
I've personally done a lot of business with Albert Huang over the years. I assume you are referring to the same guy that I am (his website is powerpingpong.com). I'd really like to hear his side of the story, as frankly many forum members have dealings with him, and many of us even know him personally. Maybe you can create some credibility for yourself by listing your ebay account name, store name, etc. rather than remain so anonymous. 
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 10:15pm
whats his ebay feedback? 

I recently declined a sale of my IF ZLC to someone who had no feedback. He was like, what do u care, u get your money first. But this is exactly the kind of scenario I try to avoid. I don't even sell to people with no feedback.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
fabini View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 10:51pm
my eBay user ID is maradoooo (59).i received an empty timo boll spirit fl box . he blatantly lied to eBay saying that I sent a shaved blade .a shaven blade means that it clearly shows signs of having been used including rubber marks or glue stains. he never mentioned this. so, after proving him a liar and a con artist by showing pictures of another zhang jike super ZLC that I have for sale and comparing both blades and showing no difference whatsoever between both of them, he still refused to admit the truth. I don't even know this individual nor I have any qualms about anything. I am making this accusations not because I am looking for some fun with but because I now find myself totally screwed thanks to this thief. but make no mistake, I will make sure everybody in the table tennis community is aware of this individual.
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 12:48am
not looking good for you at all. I'm pretty sure you're the scammer. There's 2 different buyers of zjk super zlc blades that both gave you negative feedback. You're saying they're both liars? 

GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 1:28am
What was it that the other buyer accused you of falsely advertising?
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:04am
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=maradoooo&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=180&_trkparms=negative_180

take a look for yourself and decide. I'm guessing the seller is at fault here. Albert Huang is a well established business owner, there's no reason for him to scam this relatively unknown ebay seller. plus there's no pictures showing the actual blade, which is an instant red flag to me.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:18am
Albert is completely legit. I've stayed with him and his family, and consider him a good friend. 

He's always been reliable as a seller even before I was friends with him. He's never been anything but honest and straightforward as a business man. 

You're going to find it hard to screw over a well established table tennis merch dealer in the community when what little history you have is so shaky already. I'll make sure he at least knows about this. 
Fidelio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:34am
Originally posted by kyle90 kyle90 wrote:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=maradoooo&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=180&_trkparms=negative_180

take a look for yourself and decide. I'm guessing the seller is at fault here. Albert Huang is a well established business owner, there's no reason for him to scam this relatively unknown ebay seller. plus there's no pictures showing the actual blade, which is an instant red flag to me.

I'm not saying you're wrong here (based on the available data, you are probably right) but in the interest of fairness, I checked the listings and they do include what appear to be authentic, non-stock photos of the blades listed, for instance here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/butterfly-zhang-jike-super-ZLC-FL-/301039127924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4617548d74&nma=true&si=1AhXeH44hAKBLF0El0Knooh52lo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I've ordered from PowerPingPong several times and had no issues at all, so based on that I can't see a reason for Albert to try to scam anyone.  
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 10:21am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Albert is completely legit. I've stayed with him and his family, and consider him a good friend. 

He's always been reliable as a seller even before I was friends with him. He's never been anything but honest and straightforward as a business man. 

You're going to find it hard to screw over a well established table tennis merch dealer in the community when what little history you have is so shaky already. I'll make sure he at least knows about this. 

Let me know how this turns out too, because I am pretty suspicious of OP and any attempt to use us as part of a scam will lead to permanent ban.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 11:32am
Is it possible that somebody is using the name of albert to get back at him and at the same time get a free zjk szlc? I mean if you order zjk szlc you probably are a die hard hard core tt addict and, if you use for example hurricane provincial, you probably bought from Albert once...I think the OP should investigate whether the buyer is really Albert; a police report seems to be the right 1st step; did the op file a police report? if not, why?
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 12:08pm
another satisfied customer of albert/powerpingpong

never had an issue

:)
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 12:18pm
+1, never had a problem and always replied to my e'mails. It looks like Fabini is the scammer from his ebay feed back.
Shifter
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:08pm
Is there a thread about sellers/dealers to avoid?

NOT saying Albert is one of them, but such a list would be useful to avoid getting scammed.
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Is it possible that somebody is using the name of albert to get back at him and at the same time get a free zjk szlc? I mean if you order zjk szlc you probably are a die hard hard core tt addict and, if you use for example hurricane provincial, you probably bought from Albert once...I think the OP should investigate whether the buyer is really Albert; a police report seems to be the right 1st step; did the op file a police report? if not, why?
But, assuming the item was payed for using paypal, it would be shipped to the buyer's confirmed address, which the seller can verify if it really is Albert's address.  And if it was indeed not Albert who ordered the item, Albert should have no knowledge of the transaction.  So if anyone here knows Albert personally, they should be able to find out his side of the story.

Edited by GMan4911 - 01/15/2014 at 2:11pm
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

But, assuming the item was payed for using paypal, it would be shipped to the buyer's confirmed address, which the seller can verify if it really is Albert's address.  And if it was indeed not Albert who ordered the item, Albert should have no knowledge of the transaction.  So if anyone here knows Albert personally, they should be able to find out his side of the story.
if you were trying to get back at albert, you could create a paypal account with the same id with a different address. the necessary cc on file at paypal could reveal a lot. it's worth at least to know if the buyer was really the albert we know. it looks like we will learn that soon since beeray1 will contact him.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 3:29pm
Moved to Feedbacks section
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 3:31pm
Seems like fabini ended up warning us about himself...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 3:42pm
Hi Everyone,

Beeray1 informed me of this thread. Thank you Beeray1!
I did purchase a ZJK Super Carbon blade from an eBay account named maradoooo.

The seller's listing stated it was a new blade. When I received the package, the blade was unprofessionally shaven and the blade box was damaged... (He had shipped the package in a Ready Post Bubble Mailer, although his listing stated he'll ship out via USPS Medium Flat Rate box)

I tried to communicate with him via eBay message, but the seller insinuated to me that I purposely tampered the blade because of buyer's remorse. He was extremely rude.

I ended up initiating a eBay resolution case and sent picture proof and along with the audited eBay conversations that we had. After review, eBay offered to hold up the buyer's protection agreement. eBay also offered to pay for my return shipping. They provided me a shipping label which I had thought was going to a eBay return center. I returned the shaved blade in the damaged box in a corrugated cardboard box (not bubble mailer) to prevent any further damage.

I guess now he is going further insinuating that I did not return the blade...

1. I'm assuming he's mad because he's tried to sell the shaved blade advertised as new twice and it's been returned... along with negative feedback...
2. I've reported him to eBay for violating their user policy (false advertisement/profanity/threats) and they have warned him and it's possible they may suspend his account.
3. I also contacted Butterfly USA regarding his listings, because Butterflyonline does offer the price guarantee... and resellers online have always been subjected to (MAP - Minimum Advertised Price). Unsure if he is a reseller.

I ended up purchasing this paddle from my sources in China.

I've ran powerpingpong.com for many years now, always as a side hobby and not really much of a primary business. I apologize in advance if I don't actively participate in this thread as I'm not nearly as active on MYTT as I was in the past as now family and work and our newborn has most of my time.

Thank you all! I appreciate everyone's support.
-Albert
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 5:13pm
I have dealt with Albert many times and all have been very pleasant without any issues. I think there must be a misunderstanding or miscommunication along the lines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic