Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blocking Advice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

CRISS CROSS BLOCKING PLAY
the best winning play specially designed to dominate the sport in far remotel prospetcs.. I am the Originator and hot gospeller of the CC style.

Robotic massive drills is the how can you obtain superior mastery of the blockings.

Muscular Reactivity is the most essential physical faculty you need.

Good luck.

Draw up the "magic line" as shown, mid your court, and set the robot to deliver balls right onto the line.

There is yet more and more to tell about how to obtain CC superior Mastery.
Still, I would prefer to keep silence, it is my intellection's product, my secretive weapon priceless.
I need a fresh gun meat, I need an infant prodigy, speedster with superior muscular reactivity, a snake of a boy. Nationality no matter. Yes..   

Igor, please don't post this kind of information on a public forum, imagine what could happen if it fell into the wrong hands...
Sponsored Links

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 1:47am
TT blogging is kind of an interesting phenomenon... here, a guy writes the OP asking for advice how to play a block against a heavy loop, at various positions around the table. Some pieces of advice follow, some of them very excellent. Some people convert this into discussion of what makes a rubber spinny. Some people, for some reason, feel that this is another opportunity to recommend/advertise their preferred criss-cross blocking style (now it becomes really different from the OP). Some other people conclude (!) that blocking is generally not good in TT because the best modern players are not really blockers... oh, boy... quo vadis "gens una summus"... fortunately, on the way, the OP got his/it's answers. Good night.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2014 at 4:04am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Sometimes I block slow enough to an opponent's crossover point to entice them to bend or shuffle and attack with FH topspin. Since they are off balance, they are not really able to get everything behind the ball. Even if they make good impact, the only viable angle is usually down my FH  line, where I am waiting to block cross court. Opponent is often too off balance to recover to get to that ball. if he does, well, the BH corner is wide open too. If they manage to make it crosscourt, it is usually a slow ball or a poor consistency power shot with no chance to continue attack if it lands.

Even some advanced players with good speed and footwork fall for this.

I call it the 1-2-3 system of blocking.

1 - block to crossover with only enough pace to make them realize they can still FH attack, but don't really get their position set enough for balance/recovery

2- block to wide forehand, watch them watch the ball go by them, or watch them emergency spazz out and barely get to the ball for a weak return

3- IF ball comes back, wide BH is wide open and opponent is likely already wiped on lying on floor with two broken ankles trying to quickly recover from poor footwork move or too far a lunge.

Very nice breakdown there.

You guys are in for a treat. I've caught myself on video getting blocked down per the descriptions above. Reproduced here for educational purposes.

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic