Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Body Mechanics: Locking the Joints

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 3:10pm
icontek, I myself is annoyed by repetetive knowledge, but b/c of the quantity of posts...I can see some ppl r unaware of what I have repeatedly posted earlier. 

1.  I have tried searching in library for answers and it is extremely hard to get an answer out of the pile of knowledge.

2.  I have consulted doctor, research center, and graduate friends.

3.  I have researched online and never got a specific answer y...for instance, right now, u said all the forces builds in body and then is released...thats a very vague way of explaining something...I need to understand how exactly breathing is correlated to strokes.(my guess was, not using lungs focuses the energy on the time of execution)

4.  Also, my aim here is not to find a legitimate source that says yes or no, but to understand it myself...so I can take the ideas further.

5.  I never mentioned I m gonna compress my muscles...u r confusing another approach ppl take.(they punch after they have exhaled so their punch can be better but puts pressure on the heart, etc.)...I punch after I have inhaled...so my lungs r extremely relaxed.
Sponsored Links

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 3:18pm
heimdallalso, from the very beginning in this discussion forum, ur very intention has been to create a mockery out of me...I dont understand y u r even participating in this thread since u seem to be interested in nothing but to see me go down.

bull_harrier, I never asked u stop responding, from the very beginning, your intention has been to help me...but figgie and heimdallalso...not very sure.  Anyways, well ofcourse I agree with you, when my veins r dilated to allow the blood flow to first enter, then they thin for it travel faster...similarly, how my nose thickens to allow more oxygen, but when exhaling, then thin to allow most oxygen out in minimum time.  If I knew everything I m talking about, I would have created this thread. 

So as I m inhaling...I m completely relaxed, then I tighten right before the execution to thin the veins...then, I relax my muscles and stop all the other activites like breathing for focus on the stroke during execution, and then I exhale, to quickly catch some oxygen again through inhaling after co2 has came out. 
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 4:37pm
sid

have you been holding your breath more than needed and been killing some of those braincells?

If you are really in college (somehow I doubt it) talk to your biology professors, you sport physiologist etc. If you don't have them, I suggest you wait because you really have no f'ing idea what you talking about.

It sounds like your fingers are just typing what ever words pop into your head and then creating a post around such nonsense.
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 5:05pm
I entered this discussion with a post earlier, and I was about to start responding to the gibberish, but I've come to the conclusion that the best thing I can contribute to this thread is:

Don't feed the troll!
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by sidofmillenium sidofmillenium wrote:

icontek, I myself is annoyed by repetetive knowledge

sideofmillionium, we ourselfs b outraged by repitititive ignorunce.

from the very beginning in this discussion forum, ur very intention has been to create a mockery out of me...

i don thik u nead any halp thar.

All kidding aside:
-Understanding only happens after reading comprehension.
-You have to walk before you can run.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 2:07am
NVM, I got it!
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 2:58am
The only thing you got was a lesson in how little you actually know.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to post but in the future put more thought and practice in what you are going to type and do some research so your facts are more in a straight line.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 8:50am
oh I have probably just understood what locking the joints mean. This is used for isolating muscles. Bodybuilders use complex and isolated excercises. Am I right? If I am, locking the joints is nonsense for TT.
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 2:58am

heimdallalso, from the very beginning in this discussion forum, ur very intention has been to create a mockery out of me...I dont understand y u r even participating in this thread since u seem to be interested in nothing but to see me go down.

bull_harrier, I never asked u stop responding, from the very beginning, your intention has been to help me...but figgie and heimdallalso...not very sure.  Anyways, well ofcourse I agree with you, when my veins r dilated to allow the blood flow to first enter, then they thin for it travel faster...similarly, how my nose thickens to allow more oxygen, but when exhaling, then thin to allow most oxygen out in minimum time.  If I knew everything I m talking about, I would have created this thread. 

So as I m inhaling...I m completely relaxed, then I tighten right before the execution to thin the veins...then, I relax my muscles and stop all the other activites like breathing for focus on the stroke during execution, and then I exhale, to quickly catch some oxygen again through inhaling after co2 has came out. 

Of course you didn't ask me to stop posting, I haven't been because i have a job that requires a lot of time and i do this as a volunteer because i enjoy this. Even if you did ask me to stop i wouldn't hold your breath. 

Apparently you don't understand anything about how the body works and have ignored posts from earlier.  If you want to increase flow rate hollow organs need to dilate not constrict. Yeah tightening a pipe increases resistance and pressure but at the same time requires more effort to pump and move the water, therefore more energy.  You absolutely ignored what was posted earlier, increase diameter = more flow.  Decreased diameter = more resistance and decreased flow therefore more effort to make blood flow, same with your airways.  Your darn nostrils don't constrict in order to move more air in and also exhaling oxygen, i'm starting to think you may not get enough oxygen on a daily basis.  You tighten muscles to thin veins, elaborate and enlighten me on how exactly this is helping you perform a stroke better?
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 8:22am
aaron, i think he needs a lesson on respiratory gas exchange as well as systemic circulation physiology hehehe.. he is ignorant in logic, physics and debate. now he wants to state an incorrect medical statement without even reading simple physiology and anatomy.. things he certainly lack!! hehehe
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
wealthweb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wealthweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 11:20am
Originally posted by tomas.gt tomas.gt wrote:

I think: to release the power in shots you need to have stable(fixed, maybe locked) point from where the power goes. If you "lock" (i dont understand that fully) shoulder and move your hand and arm, locked shoulder acts like a brick, so the energy cannot transfer through the shoulder into the body. If you didnt lock, energy would be spread and wasted in your body (damped). Locked shoulder directs the power into your arm and hand. Maybe this is it.

In tabletennis, the stable point or a brick is between the floor and our feet. This is why Kreanga said that. The power starts from legs (well i would rather say hips) and spreads towards shoulder and arm (while getting stronger with help of other muscles), not in opposite direction - there is ground that prevents the energy to go through.

With tightened shoulder you get some effect, but this effect is limited. You can achieve larger effect if you move that brick on the floor.

I would say this is something related to 3rd Newton!s law - the reason why to have one fixed point - you call it a brick.

This sounds reasonable to me.

The direction of energy flow should start from the ground, then up to the feet, leg, hip, waist, shoulder, arm, forearm, wrist, palm and finally finger. Lately I am doing a lot of this kind of practice making sure my energy comes from the ground and my feet. The reaction of ground due to the weight of my whole body acting on the ground initiates the flow of energy. The principle of action and reaction works.
Eric Yu
1st Blade: KTS Red + Omega II, Tenergy 64
2nd Blade: Butterfly Haruvatart-S ZL Carbon + Omega III, Tenergy 05
Dream Blade:Special Cypress Custom (Special Royal Treasure Art Product)+ Narucr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic