Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Brian Pace vs. Fang Bo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 3:48pm
what equipment does Fang Bo use?
Sponsored Links

smiths9312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiths9312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 3:52pm
Fang Bo makes it look easy.  

Man that serve of his is killer.  That long damn arm of his distracting from the spin.  Is it under, is it side under, is it hard under?  Who can tell?  Net.  Net.  Off the table.  Brian couldn't figure it out.  Watching it when Fang was facing me, I couldn't tell either.  The view from behind made it pretty obvious though.  

Brain was playing good TT.  Way to go man!  Why didn't Fang get into a looping battle?  Brian won nearly every forehand loop battle.  Even so, Fang's crazy defense makes Brian keep coming up for monster slam after monster slam.  That takes the wind out of your sails after a few battles like that.  

It was obvious that Fang recognized the Brian was having difficulty with the backhand during that match and exploited it quite often.  Brian won some of those backhand point away from the table, but he had no answer at close range.  He put every offensive backhand shot off the table.  

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

The problem is some players don't want their opponent's teammate to be a score flipper.  Although the scorer is not an umpire, sometimes, they get asked about let serves, questionable edge balls, did you see this or that?, etc.  Obviously, you don't want your opponent's teammate assisting in those calls as there is bias involved.

And yet that's exactly how 98% of the league matches played in Europe are umpired. It works because the teams take turns keeping score. Oh, and because club players in Europe generally value sportsmanship and fairness.

Actually, here's Fang Bo himself keeping score for Zhang Chao against a very good Japanese player (five games!) - anyone know him?

Absolutely agree with you.  That's the way it should be done in the U.S. but for some reason, it isn't.
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

The problem is some players don't want their opponent's teammate to be a score flipper.  Although the scorer is not an umpire, sometimes, they get asked about let serves, questionable edge balls, did you see this or that?, etc.  Obviously, you don't want your opponent's teammate assisting in those calls as there is bias involved.

And yet that's exactly how 98% of the league matches played in Europe are umpired. It works because the teams take turns keeping score. Oh, and because club players in Europe generally value sportsmanship and fairness.

Actually, here's Fang Bo himself keeping score for Zhang Chao against a very good Japanese player (five games!) - anyone know him?

I watched the Japanese player destroy everyone at Highland IN a couple of weeks ago, and suspected that he is world class. This proves I was right. He kicks out tons of power out of that small frame. I bet his serves gave Zhang Chao trouble in the first 4 games. Had a short conversation with him and he said he plays for a University team in Japan and will be in the states for a month.
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:09pm
Further search indicates he was playing against top junior players in 2007, so he is still very young.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Does anybody find it weird all those people were sitting behind the match but no one got off their ass to go and umpire?

exactly my thoughts, how can a match at that level go ahead without an umpire? 

Brian Pace had no chance at all, and his constantly trying to smack sh/pip winners with his b/hand probably pissed off the other guy, and certainly made for an erratic bitty game, if his opponent is taking points at will off his service, he's hardly going to need to apply himself, just go through the motions and into the next round. Some people just don't know what its like to play a world class player, you have no time to think, even when they at half pace, you always are playing your shots under pressure.
The Older I get, The better I was.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:23pm
I looked around and found that he plays for Kinki University in Osaka.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:24pm
Kinki ? Ha ha ha, funny name :)

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:35pm
brian pace was overestimating fang tooooooo much.
see that fang makes a softy opening loop and pace thinks it's the most spiny and aggressive loop ever.
that's why all his shots (pace) land in the net.
another proof that these guys win because they put 200 consecutive balls in the table, not because their shots are from another world or any other crazy theory.

Edited by sa01 - 11/30/2011 at 5:36pm
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

see that fang makes a softy opening loop and pace thinks it's the most spiny and aggressive loop ever.
another proof that these guys win because they put 200 consecutive balls in the table, not because their shots are from another world or any other crazy theory.

Nothing to do with it, they are just not in the same class at all.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Agreed.
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:52pm

you are wrong.
pace should have lost that match.
but after 3 or 4 balls in every point.
he wasn't able to adjust to the shots of fang which were a lot simpler than he thought.
that is common however when playing a very high level player, you think he is too much and automatically start making a lot of dumb mistakes.
if he had forgotten it was fang bo and imagined he was playing a mytt forum player he would have done a better match LOL  LOL  LOL  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 6:03pm

you are wrong.
pace should have lost that match.
but after 3 or 4 balls in every point.
he wasn't able to adjust to the shots of fang which were a lot simpler than he thought.
that is common however when playing a very high level player, you think he is too much and automatically start making a lot of dumb mistakes.
if he had forgotten it was fang bo and imagined he was playing a mytt forum player he would have done a better match LOL  LOL  LOL  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Not really.  If he force Fang to play his A game he will look worse. Wink 
Our club member Zaman Molla (2600-level) toys with everyone under 2300.  If he feels threatened and played all out, he would smoke these under 2300 players so bad, they will spend the rest of the match picking up the ball from the back barrier.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 6:08pm
Brian Pace looked a little bit tentative and tense. But its understandable. Peter Li looked more relaxed and loose, but it was basically the same result, and Fang Bo didn't look any more excited or interested against him.

I'm curious to see how Wang Zhen did against Alex-TT Elite players. He's North America's best player.

(Sorry Brian I didn't mean to throw you under the bus with this thread. I think its great that you got to play against Fang Bo.)

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 6:10pm
the minute fang bo knew he wasn't playing sa01 he relaxed and started lobbing LOL
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 6:14pm

And therein lies the answer, if its 'common' when being outclassed to snatch, why do you think that is?
RR is right in any case, If Brian had been more of a threat, he would have just stepped things up slightly. If a player of that calibre plays for every point, it becomes difficult for a player of BP's class to win any.
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 6:22pm

And therein lies the answer, if its 'common' when being outclassed to snatch, why do you think that is?
RR is right in any case, If Brian had been more of a threat, he would have just stepped things up slightly. If a player of that calibre plays for every point, it becomes difficult for a player of BP's class to win any.

pace had his arm frozen, he wasn't able to return a simple opening loop by fang.
if you are pace and you are playing fang you want to have the best game of your life, even if you don't win, just for the fun of it....

I know this can be hard to understand for the "only winning is acceptable" US mentality LOL

Edited by sa01 - 11/30/2011 at 6:47pm
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 6:53pm

[/QUOTE]
Not really.  If he force Fang to play his A game he will look worse. Wink 
Our club member Zaman Molla (2600-level) toys with everyone under 2300.  If he feels threatened and played all out, he would smoke these under 2300 players so bad, they will spend the rest of the match picking up the ball from the back barrier.
[/QUOTE]

It's rare for an elite player go all-out to destroy a lesser player. It's just not worth the effort. In fact they struggle a lot with lesser players regularly, but class usually wins in the end. I think it's because, say 2300 players, are so relatively inconsistent as compared to their 2600 brethren.
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Brian Pace looked a little bit tentative and tense. But its understandable. Peter Li looked more relaxed and loose, but it was basically the same result, and Fang Bo didn't look any more excited or interested against him.

I'm curious to see how Wang Zhen did against Alex-TT Elite players. He's North America's best player.

(Sorry Brian I didn't mean to throw you under the bus with this thread. I think its great that you got to play against Fang Bo.)

wang zhen lost a close one to tao wenzhang, not sure about his result with fang bo but pretty sure he lost.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

wang zhen lost a close one to tao wenzhang, not sure about his result with fang bo but pretty sure he lost.

I hope someone will post that match too :)
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 8:34pm
Not sure if this was posted already.

Best of Baltimore. 

skip3119
okeimakei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okeimakei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 8:43pm
I disagree: the best Northamerican player according to the ratings is Marcos Madrid from Mexico(we are, after all, part of North America :D):
ZJK ALC- TINARC 3- T64
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:02pm
According to the ITTF Mexico is not part of North America. You should really write to them and have that fixed, since as we know it's not correct

LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:04pm

According to the ITTF Mexico is not part of North America. You should really write to them and have that fixed, since as we know it's not correct

they think greenland is a part of north america but mexico is not?
sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:10pm
I can't believe Fang Bo is only ranked 107 in the world, he is certainly better than that. Makes me wonder how many world class players china has that they just dont send out to play in tournaments much just because they aren't the best.
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Not sure if this was posted already.

Best of Baltimore. 

wow, Team Joola players were so good!!! now those players gave Fang Bo and the likes run for their money! at least compared to the others playing the tournament.

Side Note: Love those flick receives from Lubomir against Zhang Chao!!! Chao was pretty puzzled :)) way to go
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

they think greenland is a part of north america but mexico is not?

Yep
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:55pm

Brian Pace played well. In fact it was fang who played more umcomfortable than what it was supposed to. BP played calm and tried to play his play.

He could not win because his playing level is not high enough to beat Fang.

About failing in receiving service is something not to be surprised. high level players have harder services.

and let me tell, their shots (and services) are from another world. a higher level world.

playing in the garage sa01, everything is easy. 

Edited by ejmaster - 11/30/2011 at 11:06pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 10:58pm
According to the ITTF Mexico is not part of North America.
========================================

Is Mexico considered to be Central America?
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 11:01pm
I can't believe Fang Bo is only ranked 107 in the world.
=======================================

Ratings Central rated Fang Bo at 2942 and is ranked as #26 in the world.
skip3119
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic