Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly don't care about their customers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 8:20am
Sorry, Butterfly are the Table Tennis market leaders...

Blade and rubber technologies are typically followed by other brands, after Butterfly risks the introduction of them...

I'm sure we can get most Butterfly blades from this forum, so country restrictions don't stop anyone here...

Yes, I am a Butterfly fan boy...

Edited by CraneStyle - 10/06/2016 at 8:41am
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Sponsored Links

edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 8:38am
OP, in the words of the great ICE-T: don't hate the player, hate the game.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 8:42am
WORD!
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 9:00am

Edited by shaun729 - 10/06/2016 at 9:01am
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 9:03am
I agree, you shouldn't have to wait months for something that should be readily available. If the local distributor doesn't have it then what's wrong with buying it from another country.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 9:13am
Sometimes the only solution is friends on TT forums.  There is a guy I know in Sweden who wants a couple of Btfly blades he can't get there.  This is Sweden we are talking about, not some table tennis backwater.  Why can't he get what he wants there of all places?  Who knows.  But he can't.

So I ordered two blades for him from Btfly USA and he pays me back.  Maybe sends me a t-shirt or something for my efforts. 

Btfly is defeated.
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 9:16am
Gee Stiga must have copied Butterfly blades to come up with the allround classic, offensive classic and the Clipper wood. ESN must have copied Tensor rubbers from Butterfly. Donic must must have got the idea for a Waldner Senso Carbon from the innerforce series. Plenty of other companies have come up with equipment and ideas that Butterfly didn't come up with first. Butterfly isn't even the oldest Table Tennis company so they obviously got ideas from other companies as well. I don't understand why people are defending a company that has such bad business practices.
Blade:Stiga Eternity VPS V (Legend)
F/H:Stiga Airoc S
B/H:Stiga Airoc Astro S
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Butterfly's products are good but their business practices suck.  Take your money elsewhere.  Problem solved.

I bought a flarestorm 2 and died in 3 months now theymake it with a different crappy sponge.I played with a japanese taksim and way deader than the old version
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 11:18am
Butterfly built a name through the years with supporting the winners of many tournaments.
Lot of money invested in different places around the world and for banners everywhere.
Probably they are close to the idea that once they are on the TOP, nobody will say :
Hey, the King is naked!

Last production rubbers of Tenergy I don't like, I even posted my new rubbers in the basket as garbage, torn.
I bought new rubbers from another brand and nobody could force me to buy Butterfly product from their current production soon.
Nobody could say to You all how to spent Your money. It is your own decision.
If you see Butterfly does not reply to your needs or expectation - there are lot of brands approved by ITTF for rubbers and lot of hand made blades on the market too.
Choice is completely yours own.
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 1:22pm
You are absolutely right. Nobody put gun on your head to buy Butterfly . Those want yo buy but unwill to pay its premium is vrying wolf. No need to yell or show you are B fans.

Shop around you definitely gotta valued products that fit your playing style.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

You are absolutely right. Nobody put gun on your head to buy Butterfly . Those want yo buy but unwill to pay its premium is vrying wolf. No need to yell or show you are B fans.

Shop around you definitely gotta valued products that fit your playing style.

The point is not that i want to buy the point is that not everything sold by butterfly is good.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 3:06pm
I gave up BTY a long time ago. Never used a blade or rubbers from the Tamasu company since 2009.
Their prices are too much for me. I went to Yasaka, Donic and Xiom and I´m pretty satisfied.
I really don´t understand the need some people have to stick to BTY when there are so many other good rubbers and blades around. And I say more: for my style of play I doubt BTY has better stuff than the one I´m using now.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 4:05pm
Regarding BTY's most popular blade (the Viscaria) or the most popular series of blades (ALC blades):

I've been trying Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon over the past few weeks. I have 2 glued up - 1 with T05 both sides and the other with MX-P / Blue P2.

These blades are virtually indistinguishable from Viscaria (other than the difference in handle shape or outward color / look, that is). They have the exact same feel as Viscaria during play (in that the difference between my DOTC and Viscaria would be about the same as the difference between 2 Viscarias).

The only difference is that there is a greater variance in weight and thickness, so make sure you order the weight you would be comfortable at.

The build quality seems to be better than Viscaria. And I think that they cost $80 - $90 brand new rather than the $150 you pay for a Viscaria.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 5:06pm
Exactly my experience also with Donic True Carbon. .
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2016 at 7:41pm
Now you have a new target to vent out your anger. Ladies and not so gentlemen, the latest president of Butterfly.

Ta-da...

Takako Osawa

Edited by zeio - 10/06/2016 at 7:43pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 1:36am
Joker
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Joker

isn't Kimihiko Tamasu (sone of thr founder) still the Butterfly's president?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 3:03pm
Just replaced Shunsaku Yamada(below) on the 6th of this month.

Edited by zeio - 10/07/2016 at 3:06pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

you're obviously just a little riled up..."i wonder who is the idiot who decided to destroy the reputation of the company"

what you don't seem to grasp is:  butterfly provides high quality table tennis equipment to players. not vintage items to collectors. 

You obviously haven't checked out the quality of Butterfly blades recently, check out the Maze Magic, the Timo Boll Allround II, the European versions of the Primorac and the Korbel and many others. The fact that depending on which country you live in that you can't choose between the Japanese versions or the European versions of the Primorac or Korbel. The quality has gone down while the prices have gone up.  
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 8:50pm
Say the guys with everything Stiga, lol. Of all of the more expensive tt brands, Stiga QC is probably the worst, while Butterfly near the very top, if not the top one. I've seen some Emeralds with top ply coming off the blade. I get that you hate Butterfly, but don't hate for the sake of it. I'm not using any of Butterfly stuff but I have to admit that their more expensive blades and rubbers are really really good.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 8:59pm
Check out the Andrzej Grubba it was a high quality blade made in Japan which has been replaced with a new crap version made in China. Butterfly used to be near the top in quality. I don't hate Butterfly I just think that they should do the right thing by their customers. I've seen plenty of faulty equipment by all companies through the years including Butterfly. If you think Butterfly is so good why are you using Yasaka and Tibhar.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:10pm
I got my whole paddle for under 100 pounds (around 80 GBP, actually). A grad student on a budget, I would say. If I have the money, I would get a Viscaria with 2 sheets of Tenergy 05, lol. I can get whatever Butterfly stuff I really want (if I have the money), either from the UK or Asia, so I really don't have any problem with them.

Edited by The soul of rock - 10/07/2016 at 9:10pm
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:13pm
I'm happy for you to be able to get whatever Butterfly equipment you want but not everyone can and that's the whole point. Do you write lol in every assignment like you do in every comment?
caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:14pm
Although I hate Butterfly's outrageous prices I still say it has one of the best quality control of the high end brands. Yasaka being the most reliable in my personal experience both bladewise and rubberwise(Rakza 7 never failed me). You may have had a bad experience with butterfly but there are many ways to get around the butterfly block. Like Baal said the forum is a great place to get butterfly products. For example I got my viscaria from ProSpin on the forum for way less then what I would have paid in the US and I got to choose my weight. I believe you could do the same if you really wanted a butterfly blade. Yes I know you are talking about how butterfly is more business minded and have started to distance themselves from their customers but I don't think it is as bad as you say because there are so many alternatives for theirproducts now their prices don't really bother me. If I want an 05 clone i'll just buy mxp, If I want a viscaria clone i'll get a DOTC. This is really a good thread tho because the only way to change something is to raise awareness
Carbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BTY Viscaria 88g
FH/Bh: MXP/Rasant
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:19pm
The point is that we shouldn't have to get around a block, there should be no block. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:21pm
Yes, because I find it's pretty amusing talking to you Wink You expect a $55 Grubba to be at top notch quality then it's pretty unfair to Butterfly. I'm not a fan boy of any brand, I'm not gonna cry if I cannot get some limited Stiga blades for China or Japanese market, and I won't cry if someday I have the money but cannot find a Viscaria neither. Also their is something called package fowarding if you decide you want something that badly that don't sell in your country. It's unpleasant, but that's just how the market works.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:27pm
The Grubba was top notch quality, it's not how the rest of the market works it's just how Butterfly works. No matter what you say it doesn't make Butterfly right and the only way to change it is for enough people to complain about it until Butterfly changes things. 
caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:28pm
Stiga makes limited edition blades for china and japan? Which ones? And yes there shouldn't be a block but ultimately its a company and maybe they would lose money if they opened up sales to your region. I'm no buisness major so I don't really claim to know reasoning, but I do know if they can't make money from it they won't do it. No matter whose feelings they trample on. On the other hand SCREW 75$ TENERGY IN THE US. BRING BACK $50 TENERGY!!!!!!!! OOOOH RAHHHH
Carbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BTY Viscaria 88g
FH/Bh: MXP/Rasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:34pm
Stiga made a special edition of the Clipper with Liu Guoliang signature and nice presentation box for China market. You can get some special Japan edition Stiga blade from tt-japan.net as well. I think it's perfectly normal for manufacturers to not sell some of their inventories to some markets where they don't think the stuff will sell well.

Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Airoc S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airoc S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2016 at 9:38pm
In some countries Tenergy is $100. Butterfly lose sales by not allowing people to buy their products, they get annoyed and buy a different brand. One STIGA example is the offensive CR is available in Asia with a solid handle and it never used to be available anywhere else until recently. Check out 
https://stiga.world.tmall.com/category-744870032.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.0.0.gbBmVT&search=y&parentCatId=513786055&parentCatName=%C6%B9%C5%D2%B5%D7%B0%E5&catName=%B9%FA%B2%FA%B5%D7%B0%E5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic