FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Cheapest FH and BH recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aezharhu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aezharhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheapest FH and BH recommendations
    Posted: 03/29/2021 at 6:30pm
Hello everyone, 

I am an absolute beginner (~3 months of play) and have been playing with a beatup premade that I took from a friend. I want to get myself a custom racket from eacheng.net so it's mostly chinese made rubbers that I'm looking for. Information on the internet is really confusing for someone which doesn't have much experience with rubber. I have picked up a sanwei fextra 7 (willing to pay more for the blade so I can use it much more once I have saved up for better rubbers). I'm looking for good recommendations for FH and BH rubbers in the range of $5-$10 (budget is tight right now). I have seen people recommending to use the same rubber on both sides, others saying get different ones. People saying get tacky slow rubbers for the FH and fast tensor rubbers for the BH, it's all super confusing. I've looked at the Danwei XP 2008, Yinhe Galaxy 9000, Palio AK47 (a little outside my budget), Reactor Carbor, Palio CJ8000, etc..

I consider myself more aggressive in my play style with my FH, but I am kind of insecure with my BH (still haven't gotten the stroke right) so I play less aggressively and thus looking for something with more control. Of course for the FH since I am still an absolute beginner I need something which I can control easily and still have relative speed (of course not too much). 

I am sorry if I came of as ignorant but I truly am confused, thank you in advance for your time, cheers!
Sponsored Links

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2021 at 10:31pm
I used Dawei 2008 XP when I first started coming back after a 30 year layoff.  It is a solid performer for the beginning player and has a great performance to price ratio.  I would suggest starting with 2.0 mm thickness.  

Welcome to the great sport of TT.

Mark 
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2021 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Aezharhu Aezharhu wrote:

Hello everyone, 

I've looked at the Danwei XP 2008, Yinhe Galaxy 9000, Palio AK47 (a little outside my budget), Reactor Carbor, Palio CJ8000, etc..

wait a min ... The AK47 Blue & Red variants are pretty much under the $11 mark.... If you opt for AK47 Yellow variant, then it's under $10 ... You could opt for Blue and/or Yellow.

Another very good option for you would be the SANWEI T88-III .. This would be for around $11 a pair .. I would recommend this one 

Loki RXTON 1 would be another option @ around $10 per pc. 

Sanwei TAIJI is yet another option ... There's also a couple of variants of the Palio CJ8000s that're under $10. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic