Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese rubbers
    Posted: 04/08/2007 at 10:24pm
Does anyone know any good chinese rubbers?  I am only familiar with butterfly because it's most popular, should I stick with Bryce and Sriver G2 or should I try some chinese rubbers. Anyone have any suggestions? the only one's I know of are double happiness and double fish?Chinese are kind of no named for me.
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Sponsored Links

seanknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2007 at 11:02pm
i used to play only stiga rubbers, but ive been playing with dawei for the past couple months. Inspirit is not a typical chinese rubber, thats why i like it. It feels euro/jap, so you might want to give it a try. glues up nicely too
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2007 at 11:39pm
i've only played with friendship 729 rubbers, the older products of this brand usually have the stickiest top sheets with hard sponge.  the newer products of 729 and dhs all have euro/jap -ized, and a bit too much that way for my flavor, i'm currently using the faster 3 by 729, its top sheet is still quite sticky, but its german sponge is a bit too soft for me at the moment, i'm hoping to get used to it in the near future.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 12:35am
when u mention chinese rubbers the ones that immedeatly come to mind are hurricane 2/3 and TG 3. The hurricanes are some what faster with a hard sponge. Im currently using the TG3 and its a great rubber for quick attack style such as 3rd ball attacks and over the table play. Over all a very good rubber (i used EE2 on it). 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 12:52am
I have 3 set-ups with Chinese Rubbers:
1. DHS G-666 2.2/FH. Friendship 755 on .6mm/BH
2. DHS Looper 2.0/FH. Friendship Dr. Evil OX/BH
3. Dawei Inspirit 2.2/FH. Dawei 388d-1 on .6mm/BH

I like Chinese stuff. They're not doing too bad using their stuff are they?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 12:53am
Do give the Dawei Inspirit a try.  It is a really nice rubber that compares favorably with $$$$ Butterfly rubbers.  They are also coming up with a tensor version soon!
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 12:58am
Inspirit is chinese but not tradition chinese rubber. Friendship has some sticky tacky rubbers, like cream and geospin etc.. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 9:27pm
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 9:33pm
i dont know if it is chinese or not but palio makes good stuff
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2007 at 10:08pm
Yes, palio is chinese.  They are capable of making some very nice stuff, but you've gotta know what to get.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2007 at 11:02am
If you're on a budget, you're way better off getting Chinese rubbers. The quality is comparable, you just have to find the right kind of rubber for your style. And yes, the Dawei Inspirit and 729 Focus III are very good euro/jap-style Chinese rubbers. The 729 Highpoint is good too, but more expensive ($21.00 USD), it's just like the Donic Desto F2.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2007 at 11:15am
Hey, nice looking ad bar there. Looks a lot like the guy who does my work.

justintga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2007 at 1:34am
H3 rocks my socks. have been using butterfly all my life but now im enjoying my lovely H3
STIGA Offensive CR
DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 FH
BUTTERFLY Tackifire Special Soft 2.1 BH
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 4:44am
Guys what would be Friendship's version/equivalent of H3?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 10:51am
Cream on transcend?

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Qtjoel Qtjoel wrote:

Does anyone know any good chinese rubbers?  I am only familiar with butterfly because it's most popular, should I stick with Bryce and Sriver G2 or should I try some chinese rubbers. Anyone have any suggestions? the only one's I know of are double happiness and double fish?Chinese are kind of no named for me.

well whats your rateing
and whats your style
do you like to have a big swing
do you want more spin
do you have trouble blocking hard balls?
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2007 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Wheelie Wheelie wrote:

Guys what would be Friendship's version/equivalent of H3?

729 wangnan
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2007 at 8:52am
I think the wangnan/sp has always been 729's version of h2, full on sticky. The cream and h3 were both slightly more japanese hybrid feeling.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic