Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coach in HK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chinamike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinamike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coach in HK?
    Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:20pm
Question to those in HK,
I am going to be in HK in April and May to do a clinical placement at the HK Polyu in Kowloon. I know they have a table tennis hall and am excited to go there and play. I was wondering if there's a coaching/training facility near the University and how much it would cost approximately. Any information that you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance.
Butterfly - Joo Se Hyuk FL
BTY - tackifire drive (FH)
BTY - Feint Long II (BH)
Sponsored Links

zhaoxiaoxuesnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhaoxiaoxuesnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:59pm
Are you interested in visiting to

Chinese National Table Tennis Training Center.

Browse our website to get the details.

Welcome to China. It a good chance to learn and practise table tennis.I won't fail you.
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 11:05pm
I believe he was inquiring about Hongkong, where he will be working. Unless Hebei = Hongkong, I don't think he'll be interested to travel there (3000km+  ) to play pingpong everyday after work. Please, if you're going to advertise, at least have some respect and read chinamike's post first.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 3:31am
Originally posted by chinamike chinamike wrote:

Question to those in HK,
I am going to be in HK in April and May to do a clinical placement at the HK Polyu in Kowloon. I know they have a table tennis hall and am excited to go there and play. I was wondering if there's a coaching/training facility near the University and how much it would cost approximately. Any information that you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance.

There are CHAN KONG WAH and HUI SU HUNG. They are both head coach of HK team. They are available for coaching.
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 2:10pm
Try this one in Wai Chai on Hong Kong Island, where you can reach quite easily by public transportation.  The website is in Chinese, and you can ask friends to translate it for you.

Have fun in Hong Kong.

Nittaku Avalox P500
DHS Hurricane III
BTY Sriver FX
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 3:33pm

Any coach specialized in defensive game like chopping?

chinamike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinamike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 6:31pm
Thanks for the suggestions..
do CHAN KONG WAH and HUI SU HUNG coach intermediate players? or just the pro ones since they are national coaches? Any of you happen to know what the cost would be? Thanks again..
BTY - Feint Long II (BH)
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 11:58pm
Unless you are a professional or member of certain national team, I don't think you need to take lessons from those top coaches.  If you drop in any club with coaches in Hong Kong, their hourly rate is around HK $ 300.  If you have time, you should visit Guangzhou (about 2 hours by train) and take some lessons there during the weekends. 
Have Fun.
Nittaku Avalox P500
DHS Hurricane III
BTY Sriver FX
HKdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 2:06am

Hey dude.

I know a coach who always goes to sum sui po sports centre thing (or sumthing like that). They use sqash courts for table tennis, they have ittf approved tables there. The hourly rate for rental of court is $22HK per hour. The coach, who has coach many top HK players coaches at about $20HK per hour. I'm not sure what the name of the coach is though. He usually is here round 6-7PM. Look round and ask. If u cant make it there in time, ask the players round there and they might know. The couch guy can coach almost anytime.    Also, the centre is by the Cultural and thingy goverment and u need a HK identity card to rent it. If u can't rent it then the u can ask the couch to do it. 

Hope that helps.

There are no stupid questions; only stupid people... I'm probably not referring to you
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 7:12am
Yes they do coach other players beside the national team players.  I have recommended a few of my mates in HK. They like the coaching style as they get to trained with the top HK players like li ching, Ko lai chak, lau sui fei etc...

Be honest i do not how much they paid for the coach. Smile
chinamike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinamike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 10:31am
Hey HKdude,
You say it's 20HK dollars?!?!? That's less than 5 dollars CDN!!! please confirm =)
BTY - Feint Long II (BH)
HKdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2007 at 2:11am
Sorry for late reply, i was busy.

yeah, it is 20HK for an hour, i dunno why its so cheap though, but its real.
 The coach can couch u well but isn't very good at playing. Good at teaching but bad a demonstating.
There are no stupid questions; only stupid people... I'm probably not referring to you
zerowings007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerowings007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2007 at 2:15pm
Without address or phone # or map.
It will be difficult to find.
TTBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2007 at 3:57pm
You'll find it hard to get a partner at polyu

Ping Pong isn't a very popular sport in HK. The best players here are all from China.

When you have time, do go to Shenzhen, China. There are top coaches and charges are cheap.
(you can take a train to get there. The station is right next the polyu)
zerowings007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerowings007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2007 at 5:09pm
how much time is required for the train ride from HK to Shenzhen?

Get off the train then which direction? need address or phone #, opening hours. please.
TTBabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTBabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2007 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by zerowings007 zerowings007 wrote:

how much time is required for the train ride from HK to Shenzhen?

Get off the train then which direction? need address or phone #, opening hours. please.

45mins, not including passport checking.

Here's a list of addresses.
http://www16.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=1348537&extra=page%3D1
Unfortunately they're in Chinese. If you can't read, sorry, can't help.
Main problem in China for foreigners is, few Chinese speak English.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic