Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2018 at 12:15pm
Inventory NO.1 on the way to France
Inventory NO.2 on the way to Turkey
Sponsored Links

Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2018 at 12:10pm
How do they play? Hope you win the Team Tournament with them

Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

These are mine.  They look really cool.
ttrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2018 at 2:44pm
mine aparantly in uk post office but can nor track from now untill it arrives a couple of days maybe 
ta Rob
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2018 at 11:53pm
Pretty fast.  Maybe i will use this as main shipping method!   
ttrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2018 at 7:54am
see when it arrives 
ta Rob
pepemol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pepemol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2018 at 12:03pm
Hello:

The woods have arrived correctly.

Good endings, long fish.Big smileBig smileBig smile

I'm happy with them.  TongueTongueTongue

regards
My Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60258&PID=720128#720128
TBS - ST
Jaypvt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaypvt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2018 at 10:03am
I am interestedly in buscaría exactly same ply and fl handle can u tell me ply combination and price I m in us
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2018 at 2:34pm
Pmed and thanks for inquiry.

Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 10:06am
Bump
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2018 at 9:10pm
bump
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2018 at 9:29pm
One more classic blade ordered. Konglinghui

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 2:17am
Last week I finally got my custom blade: 
a combination of W968 forehand and Viscaria backhand with a 7-ply kiri-core.

Let me start with some negative points:
  1. I ordered the blade with 5,8 mm thickness, but got it with round about 6,1 mm. When I asked about the reason I got the answer that the carpenter mentioned that this construction can not be thinner to get the feeling of a W968. This may be right, but it would have been better to get this information BEFORE he starts to produce it.
  2. I choosed the fish scale look on the koto side, but in fact it arrived with a "normal" koto veneer. For me this does not matter, but if the fish scale look is offered and ordered, it should arrive.
  3. I ordered the blade with 90g and got it with 86g. The reason is a very light kiri quality.
  4. After the first tests I can say that this blade is neither a Viscaria nor a HL5 (W968) for me, because the feeling is different and the speed is higher (at least higher as a Viscaria and HL5)
BUT 

I really like the feeling of the blade. The handle shape fits well to my hand. The blade has a "light" feeling without feeling hollow and gives a very good feedback. I think, the light 7-ply kiri core could be the reason for this feeling. In the moment it is a bit too fast for me (with T05 Hard and T05), but nevertheless I will continue to test it because of the good feeling. Next test will be with MX-S both sides.

My personal advice would be, to offer these blades like they are and not as "remakes" of famous blades, because he will not be able to "copy" the feeling of the original blades. But I don't mean this negative, because the feeling of my blade is at least as good as the feeling of a Viscaria. That's always a question of personal preferences. But if someone orders a "remake" he hopes to get (nearly) a 1:1 copy.

The carpenter who built my blades, did a good job in point of feeling of the blades. Therefore he should offer his own blades (with your help), but stop trying to "copy" other blades or at least sell them as "similar". 
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 10:26am
Thanks for your feedback. This really helps me a lot. Most negative (1,2,3) are on me. I started the thread too early before I knew enough knowledge of blade building. When I did some research on specific blades,discuss details with customers , built several blades and read you guys' feedbacks, I realize I have too many things to learn in this custom building business   We are just using the wood construction of w968 or Vis than to copy the feeling, I thick this will be more acceptable. The carpenter really love handcraft and blade building. Hope we together can help him bring better products for all table tennis lovers. I can't mention all your names here but thank all buyers for your generous and help. Happy new year and merry Christmas to all of you. Cheers!

BTW, for the fish scale koto, there are three option: No, Little,Large.   I chose little for you since  the large fish scale feels rough.   After several blades with large koto shipped, i find  people still can accept that.  

Edited by Robin.w - 11/26/2018 at 2:35pm
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 11:20am
I got the pre build combi 301/vis. Just like Magic_M, I very much like the feeling of the blade and find it too fast for my usual Omega VII Euro. I've put FX-S FH and TG3-60soft BH and I got a fantastic combo.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 12:11pm
The W968 and N301 both have a thicker Top ply compare to HL5 (w968) and VIS(Vis). So should feel different. I will let the carpenter know this at once. Your next one is under building now and i will get one same as yours. I think this is another classic blade i must try .  . Thank you, Jolan! Happy TT

Edited by Robin.w - 11/26/2018 at 12:23pm
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 1:50pm
Hello,

I've received my blade a few days ago, and while I have not had time to put rubbers on it, here are a few comments on the blade itself and its construction.

I wanted a clone of my Maze, with a large FL handle, and the Adidas type handle seemed to do the trick.

This was by brief:
A clone of the M Maze ALC, with handle number 10 (the adidas one). Weight range 85-89g, ideal 87g.

The blades (I ordered a different one for my friend) arrived well wrapped in bubble wrap, but strangely without a "hard shell". I normally always ship my blades in their box, or in a shoebox to avoid any damage. There wasn't any this time, but I'd be careful in the future.

+ The finish is nice and smooth throughout the blade
+ The limba is really nice looking, and the thickness of the plies is very regular

Other things I'd like to point out:
- The blade is sealed, the handle isn't
- I asked for 85-89g, and got a blade that weight between 89 and 90g. I don't mind, it's close enough, although customers need to be aware (I guess) that it's difficult to match the exact desired weight
- one blade face (I'll call it the backhand for reasons explained below) is "less sealed" than the other, with some marks on the sealant (looking like horizontal stripes, like brush or cloth marks)
- The two handle faces are not symmetrical. It is clear as they have colours and stripes.
- There is a visual defect on the handle. Out of the 3 (normally parallel) lines, 2 get very close to each other towards the thumb rest. Which is why that side will be on my backhand, as it will be covered by my index finger, and not visible during play (so as not to bother me :D)
- There is also a small splinter at the top of the handle (FH side) which I will try and fix with a tiny bit of glue
- Finally, and maybe more important than all these small considerations, the blade is thicker than my Maze, by no more than 0.2mm, and this is attributable to the centre ply, which is clearly thicker than my Maze. They may have used a Freitas a a guide, as I understand these are a bit thicker?

I will post more when I've had a chance to put rubbers on it and try it on. I can't see why it would not be a good blade that I can use as a Maze backup.

You can see photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fpDLZCfwayhzrwZy5

Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 2:31pm
Thanks for all the details. Will report to the carpenter soon. He must be busy digesting all the infos tomorrow.
The weight and thickness issue is really headache. Since we use natural wood and build blade one by one and most time we can neither get the perfect weight with the specific thickness nor right thickness with a specific weight.  
I will improve the shipping experience in the future and make sure the blades will be taken good care of without adding any shipping cost. 

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 4:12pm
I heard from a lot of blade builders that combinations like carbon under koto top ply and on the other side carbon close to core and Limba outer won't work. Can you say something about that. Seems like there is a contradiction going on.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 5:02pm
Most blades we made are two side different. I think it depends on what you are looking for.   We think that the core ply play a big role. When you wanna a w968+vis combo, which core ply you choose decide the play characters of the blade since w968 is with Ayous core and Vis is with Kiri. Some time we need to change some details to make the blade more "palyable". We are continue testing and improving by making mistakes. Let them keep trying they will find out.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 5:16pm
So do you think if I use one side vis and the other side innerforce alc( alc close to core and Limba outer ply) I would have more dwell time on the innerforce side?
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2018 at 7:03pm
Logically I think so and I prefer yellow Alc used by dhs instead of blue alc used by BTF.

Edited by Robin.w - 11/26/2018 at 7:07pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2018 at 12:28am
Cause I talked to A LOT of blade builders and they all said that these types of constructions don't work like people wish, as the blade always swings as a whole
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2018 at 12:33am
Have you ever use different rubber on two sides? Do you feel the difference? Those are the different outers you finally swing with. I am not sure this is the perfect comparison and just hope this will help

Give it a try by yourself or believe what you believe .

Edited by Robin.w - 11/27/2018 at 1:12pm
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 6:57pm
All feedbacks go to the Carpenter. Hope to make improvement soon
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2018 at 5:23pm
up
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2018 at 10:50am
Upup
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 3:29pm
Today I receive my combination of viscaria and w968. Thx! Very fast delivery. Quality is good. Not perfect, but really gooooood! Weight 92, but I’m asked for 86-88. It’s not a big problem after my old bt viscaria, which is 96 grams.

I will share more feedback after gluing rubbers and some training and playing sessions. Think about h3neo 40° bs and h3neo 37° os for bh. Also, I will try it with t05hard and t05fx.

Thanks for great deal! Best of luck!
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

Today I receive my combination of viscaria and w968. Thx! Very fast delivery. Quality is good. Not perfect, but really gooooood! Weight 92, but I’m asked for 86-88. It’s not a big problem after my old bt viscaria, which is 96 grams.

I will share more feedback after gluing rubbers and some training and playing sessions. Think about h3neo 40° bs and h3neo 37° os for bh. Also, I will try it with t05hard and t05fx.

Which one is the FH, Vis or 968?

Looking forward to your review.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Nelt Nelt wrote:

Thanks for your kindness feedback. Looking forward for your further sharing!
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2018 at 3:51pm
So, first impressions after very short session. 7 sets after training session with main setup: t05/viscaria 22 years old/barracuda.
First try is: t05hard/w968/core/vis/bluestorm z2. For fh it’s incredible fast, but with amazing speed and nice medium arch. Dwell time is also good. Frankly speaking, I was surprised, but dwell time on fh is longer, than my vis+t05.
https://imgur.com/rjkmfL2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic