Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DHS D40+ to Be Released in April
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS D40+ to Be Released in April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Urgent post where can we buy? Tabletennis11 when would be available? These or any rebranded.
We should have those balls in stock in 1 month from now. 
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 10:42am
The more TT ball makers committed to sell re-branded D40+ the better.
skip3119
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

The more TT ball makers committed to sell re-branded D40+ the better.

I think we'll see lots take it up.  Hopefully they finally have a decent product paired with the weight of it being the ball used in ITTF tour events.

I guess the main problem will be consumer's apathy, but the low price should help with that.
coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Here are some points with the ball - it does seem to not take my heavy spin as well as the other balls did - will be interesting to see how I adapt over time.  But maybe my opponent and I were just playing badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR0mH6Dp1qI

I'd imagine with this behavior, it will further push the rubber arms race on creating more spin on the 'new, new' plastic ball. This is all a big setup! Create a better ball with one aspect lacking, and then create more equipment to cover for it! *secures tin foil hat*
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 2:02pm
Maybe.  I don't think any effect of D40+ spin is very large, though.  Certainly people who like seamless balls are not going to find these D40+ in any way problematic in terms of spin generation (I always felt like seamless were a bit like trying to spin beach balls, but I still liked their consistent bounce and durability).  Like I said, adjustments between D40+ and NP40+ are very easily made, at least by me, and I don't have any special super powers.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by coffeeholic coffeeholic wrote:

Here are some points with the ball - it does seem to not take my heavy spin as well as the other balls did - will be interesting to see how I adapt over time.  But maybe my opponent and I were just playing badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR0mH6Dp1qI

I'd imagine with this behavior, it will further push the rubber arms race on creating more spin on the 'new, new' plastic ball. This is all a big setup! Create a better ball with one aspect lacking, and then create more equipment to cover for it! *secures tin foil hat*

So this is what MLFan was saying after all.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 3:32pm
Yes, and I am still skeptical that the D40+ spins less than other kinds of 40+ balls given all the other ways they are different.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Yes, and I am still skeptical that the D40+ spins less than other kinds of 40+ balls given all the other ways they are different.

Yeah, and your skepticism is probably well founded just reporting my frustration. That said, someone who I had never played said my spin level was really high, it might just have been my opponents familiarity with my game that was the issue.

These balls are truly amazing, I really bashed the one I used yesterday really badly, it even survived a direct smash into the metal of the net post complete with clanging sound. People who know how I bash the ball know that the ball had no business surviving that. But we picked it up, saw a small bit of whiteness to mark the impact and played with it like it never happened.

I ordered 72 more balls today.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 4:55pm
It does spin better than seamless and less than the old ball. But it is bouncier and faster.
Timo Boll ALC FL
Dignics 05 Max FH
Tenergy 64 Max BH
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 4:56pm
If Baal and Nextlevel say its good...that should be enough proof. My order just cleared customs and with USPS....hope it gets here before my Saturday lesson at the club.

Now what am i going to do with my Nittaku premiums?
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

It does spin better than seamless and less than the old ball. But it is bouncier and faster.

If you held a gun to my head that's how I would call it. I still don't trust even my own spin estimates though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 7:35pm

Yeah, and your skepticism is probably well founded just reporting my frustration. That said, someone who I had never played said my spin level was really high, it might just have been my opponents familiarity with my game that was the issue.

These balls are truly amazing, I really bashed the one I used yesterday really badly, it even survived a direct smash into the metal of the net post complete with clanging sound. People who know how I bash the ball know that the ball had no business surviving that. But we picked it up, saw a small bit of whiteness to mark the impact and played with it like it never happened.

I ordered 72 more balls today.

doubling down after only a couple days! you have me sold. too bad you don't make commission. Tongue
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 8:16pm
Been playing with the new D40+ balls for a week, and I like them just as much if not more than the over priced Nittaku ones.
Shifter
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:09am
Any broken balls yet?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 1:03am
From the JTTA's latest plastic balls list, Nittaku's plan to sell the DHS D40+, known in Japan as DHS-Dプラ3スター or DHS-D Pla 3-star, has been postponed. From an earlier revision of the list, the original date was set in the later half of 2016.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 9:40am
Info from this thread posted earlier by other forum members:

Are all the followings, re-branded D40+?

TSP will release their branded version in the spring, under the name CP40+.
DFish calls their version V40+
Nittaku NSD40+
Lion L40+.
Tuttle T40+.
==========================

Any other TT company that will sell re-branded D40+?

(The more the better.)
skip3119
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:00pm
I believe the following new seamed balls approved in 2016 are all DHS clones. 

729 PS 40+
Andro 3S
Donic P40+
Tmount Prime 40+

But with DHS' own D40+ getting cheaper than celluloid in such a short time I really see no reason to buy others. 

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:34pm
If these balls are made in the same DHS plant that makes D40+, I would call them "Re-branded".
(Like Yinhe and other seamless balls are made in Xushaofa's plant, but with Yinhe's logo printed on the ball.  Re-branding is quite common for TT balls.)

729 PS 40+
Andro 3S
Donic P40+
Tmount Prime 40+
============

If they are made in those companies' own plants using similar process, I would call them "Cloned" balls.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/16/2017 at 12:37pm
skip3119
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:36pm
It's a mess, in short.

I have a friend successfully persuaded another friend to buy off old stocks of 40+ the moment news of the 3-star D40+ hit the streets. Huh!
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:40pm

If these balls are made in the same DHS plant that makes D40+, I would call them "Re-branded".
(Like Yinhe and other seamless balls are made in Xushaofa's plant, but with Yinhe's logo printed on the ball.)

729 PS 40+
Andro 3S
Donic P40+
Tmount Prime 40+
============

If they are made in those companies' own plants using similar process, I would call them "Cloned" balls.

Epic reply! Post of the century.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:47pm

Which is not the case since those companies have never had their own ball factories and have always simply put their names on balls made in China at a fairly limited number of places (mainly DHS).  Moreover, it seems like it is not so easy to develop the processes needed to make these new ABS balls.  When Nittaku first came out with theirs, recall they were really hard to get and it took them quite some time to increase production.  And DHS is coming out with these balls about one year later than they originally announced!

What I am curious about is whether DHS and DF have any interest at all in continuing to produce the horrible cellulose acetate 40+ balls (which they then supplied to about everybody else).  I can't see why they would bother to continue to produce that garbage but obviously I would not know the whole picture.  Those things cannot disappear soon enough to suit me. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:48pm
zeio:  

I thought you are my friend, why you get on me?
When it comes to TT, your knowledge has my great respect.

You know Chinese, English, and also seems that you know some Japanese too.
skip3119
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 12:51pm
I interpreted his comment as a compliment to you actually.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

It's a mess, in short.

I have a friend successfully persuaded another friend to buy off old stocks of 40+ the moment news of the 3-star D40+ hit the streets. Huh!

I'm wresting with whether to do similar things.  My morality is broken but my energy level to act on my broken morality is too low.  I will probably just give my old balls away in time.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Mazunov
FH: TBD (MX-S, C1)
BH: C1
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 1:15pm
Thankyou, Baal.

Skip, I'm sorry if I came across as aggressive. That post just made my day. I thought it's a well-known fact that there is only a handful of plants around the world producing these balls.

Just to fill in the blanks.

For seamless, we have Palio and Xushaofa but Palio would later quit, not sure when, but it should be sometime in 2015, with Yinhe taking over.

For seamed, we have DHS, DFish, Nittaku under the trademark Nittaku Premium, and Weener under the trademark Tribax.

There are some others whose legitimacy is not well-defined, like Minkow, under the trademark Kingnik. There is some evidence indicating a connection to DHS.

Anything else are all rebranded.

Edited by zeio - 03/16/2017 at 1:31pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 1:24pm

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

It's a mess, in short.

I'm wresting with whether to do similar things.  My morality is broken but my energy level to act on my broken morality is too low.  I will probably just give my old balls away in time.

Sell it to your friends. It wouldn't feel as bad. Heck, it actually makes you feel better knowing that. That's what friends are for, when you need it.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 1:53pm
Burn them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 2:06pm

Burn them.

Once I get the shipment of new balls in, I plan on distributing my old ones to the office tables, college student neighbor who plays a different pong sport and my niece who seem to love throwing them around the house. But you have me curious on what a burning tt ball would look like. :)
Fabian1890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 2:53pm
the regular 40+ is suitable for a game called Beer Pong :)
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 6:34pm
Training versions by Doublefish:

http://ttnpp.com/store/ball/870-double-fish-abs-material-v40-1-stars-ball-100-39.html   

http://ttnpp.com/store/ball/871-double-fish-abs-material-v40-no-stars-ball-100-39.html  

Rosewood V FL

Thibar EL-P MAX FH

Rozena MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
  Share Topic