Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

difference between black and red??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mkmissaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmissaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: difference between black and red??
    Posted: 07/04/2006 at 4:27pm
Has anyone noticed that B BLACK BTY Catapult has a different feel from the RED one??? I might be wrong but what I have experienced is that they don't have the same look and feel as well?? I wonder if they last the same too? Any thoughts??Thanks.
Sponsored Links

superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 11:47pm

I don't know about Catapult but I use Bryce FX and I think that the Black rubber has more spin and control.  I always use the black for my forehand as I like to forehand loop alot.

superloop

President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 1:37am
Some people will say there is no difference, but I find every rubber from every manufacturer has the black side a little TACKIER and slower, and the red side a little GRIPPIER and faster.
Peace out.

JFJ
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 8:54pm
I heard black rubber is a little bit faster because of the chemical elements. That's why Chinese players usually use black rubbers for FH. But black rubbers are easy to be worn.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 5:47pm
From a reliable source (www.japsko.com) I have heard that the black topsheet is a little bit tackier and easier to control. The red sheet is faster with less spin and control. The difference however is so small that most players fail to feel the difference when blindtested.
The holy grail
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 6:12pm
black is tackier but not big of a diff
transmed999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transmed999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 6:12am
I find red rubbers to be slightly slower and tackier while black ones slightly faster but less tacky.
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 7:21am

On Bryce, I find black a bit spinnier and easier to control and the red faster and less of an arc on the loop so its a bit harder to control (but red is better at blocking).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic