tabletennis11.com

Topic ClosedDO NOT deal with ttFaka. SCAMMER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 7:10pm
Mayhaps a good solution to this is if elmatif explains himself completely in Spanish - then there are no language inhibitions to the points he wants to get across. Then a trusted forummer who is fluent can translate so all parties involved have clear communication.

So he disputed in PayPal a day after? Maybe let's see what he has to say about that before throwing rocks. I agree with pipigrande - he wouldn't be trying to defend himself if he was just a random scammer. Passing judgement on someone trying to defend himself in a language he is not adept at is a little off, methinks.
Sponsored Links

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by pipigrande pipigrande wrote:

I think too many people are being unfair with the supposed scammer. It is obvious that he doesn't speak English fluently and that some words that he might want to say doesn't get translated in the correct way, thus resulting in a misunderstanding. BTW, just for the record I'm not defending him, but I'm just neutral.

TBH, The guy to me seems to be telling the truth. Am I stupidly blind? Perhaps. Anyhow, if he was really trying to scam, I believe he wouldn't be trying to defend himself. And simply would create a different account with masked a IP (which is simple to do anyways).

I understand Spanish, so I understand where he is coming from.

With that being said, I think the morale of the story is that before selling anything make sure both parties completely understand what is being sold/bought and under what conditions. Always make sure not only once, but at least twice.

Good luck.
Are you saying that he is not a scammer and I am the scammer? And he is the one to tell the truth by claiming the dispute to take the money and my blade.

What happened if I did not fight against the dispute. Oh Well! he would take my money and he is truthful guy who does not know how to speak english well, so people trust him.

Edited by tdragon - 10/26/2010 at 7:29pm
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 7:24pm
His actions speak louder than his words. After the sellers (MyTableTennis.net (twice) & tdragon) confirmed the buyer (ttFaka = elmatif) the packages were sent, he (ttFaka = elmatif) filed dispute to Paypal right away.

Edited by rookies - 10/26/2010 at 7:36pm
Timo Boll Spirit

FH: Hurricane 3 Neo

BH: Coppa X1 Turbo

My Feedback
pipigrande View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

I think too many people are being unfair with the supposed scammer. It is obvious that he doesn't speak English fluently and that some words that he might want to say doesn't get translated in the correct way, thus resulting in a misunderstanding. BTW, just for the record I'm not defending him, but I'm just neutral.

TBH, The guy to me seems to be telling the truth. Am I stupidly blind? Perhaps. Anyhow, if he was really trying to scam, I believe he wouldn't be trying to defend himself. And simply would create a different account with masked a IP (which is simple to do anyways).

I understand Spanish, so I understand where he is coming from.

With that being said, I think the morale of the story is that before selling anything make sure both parties completely understand what is being sold/bought and under what conditions. Always make sure not only once, but at least twice.

Good luck.
Are you saying that he is not a scammer and I am the scammer? And he is the one to tell the truth by claiming the dispute to take the money and my blade.

What happened if I did not fight against the dispute. Oh Well! he would take my money and he is truthful guy who does not know how to speak english well, so people trust him.

I did not imply you were the scammer. Just saying that there could be some misunderstanding and obviously he can't explain himself clearly. Everyone is bound to have different opinions and there will some people that will blindly support their friends and others that will have an unbias opinion (me).

And in my opinion, there aren't enough facts to blame him. But hey I'm not a mod, if you want to ban him, go ahead. Alex's proof is just something to add to this guy's blame. But is it the ultimate proof? Not in my opinion. Something could have happened back then to the buyer, which made him not buy the stuff. I don't know.

Edited by pipigrande - 10/26/2010 at 7:42pm
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
elmatif View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 8:18pm

I did not imply you were the scammer. Just saying that there could be some misunderstanding and obviously he can't explain himself clearly. Everyone is bound to have different opinions and there will some people that will blindly support their friends and others that will have an unbias opinion (me).

And in my opinion, there aren't enough facts to blame him. But hey I'm not a mod, if you want to ban him, go ahead. Alex's proof is just something to add to this guy's blame. But is it the ultimate proof? Not in my opinion. Something could have happened back then to the buyer, which made him not buy the stuff. I don't know.

Español:
Correcto, yo abrí la disputa porque no me envio imagenes de confirmacion de envio como el menciono.

Translate
Correct, I opened the dispute because not me sending images of confirmation of sending since I mention.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by elmatif elmatif wrote:

Español:
Correcto, yo abrí la disputa porque no me envio imagenes de confirmacion de envio como el menciono.

Translate
Correct, I opened the dispute because not me sending images of confirmation of sending since I mention.

What kind of confirmation images could  there be? A photo of a package being given to a post office worker?

if there is no tracking number than there is really no official postal receipt, and there are no "images".

Filing a dispute in this case based on this seems (at least at first glance) like a pure case of "buyer trolling"...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 8:28pm

Español:

Translate

Let me help out a bit:

A better translation should be:

"Correct, I opened the dispute because he did not sent me pictures of confirmation of shipment like he mentioned he did".
elmatif View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 8:56pm
@JimT
Tu si que no me entiendes, cuando vas a enviar algo debes llenar un formulario, esa foto queria..

You really do not understand me, when you go to send something you have to fill out a form, that picture I wanted ..
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 9:01pm

I don't know what he meant.

This guy agreed not to pay for tracking or insurance. There is no agreement to take pictures of package or receipt before he paid. After he paid on 10/21, I replied to him on late Friday 10/22 (at night time) suggested him to give me the email, so I will give him pictures of the receipt. When I logged in at noon Sunday 10/24, I saw the dispute before I saw the email which he gave to me (after I posted warning in the forum)

What the hell did he claim that I did not honor my promise?
This guy just gave the excuse for his act.

After I pushed the claim back to paypal to close the case, here is what the guy replied to me (Funny that he knew I already shipped the package).

I just hope that now cancel the shipment because I have a tree already: S

Edited by tdragon - 10/26/2010 at 9:14pm
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 9:34pm
Here is what I have escalated the claim in paypal. After I escalated the claim, the dispute was closed.

• 10/24/2010 21:54 PDT - PayPal: Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim.
  • 10/24/2010 21:54 PDT - Seller: The buyer is a scam. He paid me on 10/21 and I shipped on 10/22 (I could provide proof of receipt) Now on 10/24 he opened dispute trying to take the money back after I told him that I already shipped it. 1. The guy paid normal shipping without tracking or insurance. I already warned the buyer and let him know that I do not take responsible for lost/delay package. (Proof of discussion could be provided if requested) 2.There is no way that he could receive the package within a day of shipping internationally (paid on 10/21, shipped on 10/22 and he opened dispute on 10/24). 3. Buyer just opened the dispute just one day after I told him that I had shipped. (Proof could be provide too).
  • 10/24/2010 21:49 PDT - Seller: The guy paid me on 10/21/2010 to ship the pingpong blade from US to Chile. I shipped the package on 10/22/2010 (I could provide the proof of receipt). I don't know why he opened dispute one day after I told him that I had shipped. By the way, I told the buyer in advance that I do not take responsible for lost or delay package since international shipping is not reliable. Buyer had agreed on it before he paid (I could provide proof of chat discussion of it). The buyer tried to scam me by opening the dispute after I told him that I already shipped the package. There is no way that he could receive the package within a day through normal international shipping. It is really a scam.
  • 10/24/2010 14:55 PDT - Buyer: I have not sent the mail, and now I'll buy another

Edited by tdragon - 10/26/2010 at 9:35pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 9:58pm

@JimT
Tu si que no me entiendes, cuando vas a enviar algo debes llenar un formulario, esa foto queria..

You really do not understand me, when you go to send something you have to fill out a form, that picture I wanted ..

I think it's you that does not understand...

You agreed to buy something, and you agree on the shipping methods. You made the payment (which implies that you accepted the terms), so the seller shipped the goods.

You can't change your mind after this, just because the seller did not send you the information you needed. If you're not happy, you should try and sort it out with the seller first, and give him a reasonable amount of time to respond.

Also are you the same person as ttFaka? If so, why do you have 2 usernames?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 1:08am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

@JimT

I think it's you that does not understand...

You agreed to buy something, and you agree on the shipping methods. You made the payment (which implies that you accepted the terms), so the seller shipped the goods.

You can't change your mind after this, just because the seller did not send you the information you needed. If you're not happy, you should try and sort it out with the seller first, and give him a reasonable amount of time to respond.

Also are you the same person as ttFaka? If so, why do you have 2 usernames?

Yes, his other username is ttFaka. However, who knows why he needs two accounts? Maybe to do more scam?
Timo Boll Spirit

My Feedback
elmatif View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 1:27pm

Entonces, me trataran de estafador siendo que el tiene el dinero y quizas el madero.
Ya me tiene harto el tema.. nadie sabe si el lo envio

Then I try to con being that he has the money and maybe the blade.
I got fed up and the theme .. no one knows if he sent him
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 1:32pm

Entonces, me trataran de estafador siendo que el tiene el dinero y quizas el madero.

who/what is translating this??  you got fed up after 2 to 3 days?? is this how you do business in your country?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
elmatif View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 1:44pm
el no me dijo nunca que me lo envio, yo se que se demoraria mas o menos 2 semanas, pero como el no aviso dije a este se llevo mi dinero..

He never said to me that sending, I that demoraria more or less 2 weeks, but since I do not warn charm this one take my money to him..
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 1:49pm

You shouldn't buy anything from anyone if you can't trust the seller. Why wasting your time to get frustrated and pissed off the sellers? From now on, buy the table tennis products from your local stores, forums from Chile, or eBay.
Timo Boll Spirit

My Feedback
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 1:57pm

el no me dijo nunca que me lo envio, yo se que se demoraria mas o menos 2 semanas, pero como el no aviso dije a este se llevo mi dinero..

He never said to me that sending, I that demoraria more or less 2 weeks, but since I do not warn charm this one take my money to him..

No entiendo.  Si eres tan miedoso porque compraste desde alguien tu no conoces... De todos modos tienes que dar mas tiempo para que el envio se llega, no?  Quejar a Paypal despues de solo dos or tres dias no esta bien.
elmatif View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

No entiendo.  Si eres tan miedoso porque compraste desde alguien tu no conoces... De todos modos tienes que dar mas tiempo para que el envio se llega, no?  Quejar a Paypal despues de solo dos or tres dias no esta bien.
Yo confiaba en el, solo que no me envio ningun mensaje para confirmarme aunque sea.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 2:49pm

@JimT

Perhaps that's how it's done in Chile - I have sent packages from USA, Canada, France, Finland, Russia, Germany and if there is no receipt for extra services like tracking number than all you are left with is your credit card slip which doesn't really say much except for the fact that you have just spend $8.69 at the post office on some unnamed mailing... that's it.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 2:52pm
I wonder how long are all these nonsense going to last before the moderator shut him down?
Timo Boll Spirit

My Feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by rookies rookies wrote:

I wonder how long are all these nonsense going to last before the moderator shut him down?
LOL
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 2:58pm

It is really funny. Just plain LIE.
2 Weeks! He paid on 10/21 and I shipped on 10/22 and let him know immediately.
Here is the proof of the reply which I sent to him late Friday night on 10/22

Edited by tdragon - 10/27/2010 at 3:18pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 3:19pm

Better translation:

"He never told me that he sent the merchandise, I know it will take about two weeks (to get here), but since he never let me know (the status) I said he took my money..."
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Better translation:

"He never told me that he sent the merchandise, I know it will take about two weeks (to get here), but since he never let me know (the status) I said he took my money..."

Roundrobin,
it seems that you have a connection with elmatif. What is your take on this situation? was it an over-reaction or a simple misunderstanding?

Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 3:39pm
I think the buyer overreacted to a point of being unreasonable.  That said, having lived in South America for seven years, I know "good faith" is not a familiar term there in many commercial transactions, unfortunately.  
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 3:49pm
It's been quite entertaining reading this thread.  First, I think elmatif was definitely up to something sneaky.  I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt initially, but with the prior occurence with MYTT shop and now this, it's apparent what he was trying to do.  He ordered the blade from tdragon, dragon sent it, and our Chilean poster opened a claim with Paypal when he knew the blade had been shipped.  BTW, it's worth mentioning that the blade is on the way (barring any problems with Chilean mail service) so at the very worst, elmatif is getting the blade which he paid for.  He hasn't lost anything.

Si me falta algo, explica me.  Entiendo espanol tambien para elmatif.  No hablo tan bueno como roundrobin pero es suficiente.

(off topic) Yo round, have you played in Latin America lately? I'm always suprised how players always put their cell phone/Blackberry/iPhone on the table by the net.  Sometimes, there will be two on each side of the net.  In the middle of a rally, you hear the phone ringing or receiving a text.  And when the ball goes outside the barrier, they actually get the phone and text a reply while I'm picking it up.  It was annoying at first but after a while, I was able to just ignore it.  Good tournament focus training Smile
elmatif View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

It's been quite entertaining reading this thread.  First, I think elmatif was definitely up to something sneaky.  I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt initially, but with the prior occurence with MYTT shop and now this, it's apparent what he was trying to do.  He ordered the blade from tdragon, dragon sent it, and our Chilean poster opened a claim with Paypal when he knew the blade had been shipped.  BTW, it's worth mentioning that the blade is on the way (barring any problems with Chilean mail service) so at the very worst, elmatif is getting the blade which he paid for.  He hasn't lost anything.

Si me falta algo, explica me.  Entiendo espanol tambien para elmatif.  No hablo tan bueno como roundrobin pero es suficiente.

(off topic) Yo round, have you played in Latin America lately? I'm always suprised how players always put their cell phone/Blackberry/iPhone on the table by the net.  Sometimes, there will be two on each side of the net.  In the middle of a rally, you hear the phone ringing or receiving a text.  And when the ball goes outside the barrier, they actually get the phone and text a reply while I'm picking it up.  It was annoying at first but after a while, I was able to just ignore it.  Good tournament focus training Smile
Esta todo claro, yo no dije nunca que me llegaria en 2 dias, yo pense que me habia estafado
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Never know what lurks in the heart of men... Better be careful than sorry.

I was going to Buenos Aires with my wife last November, but had to cancel the tickets due to a last-minute business trip... I do get quite a few ping pong buddies visiting from all over S. America in the last two years:  Ecuador, Venezuela, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina.  For these guys, picking up an "important" call in the middle of the game is the norm, lol... The same with many S. Korean buddies I have.  Smile  To be honest I feel these guys take the game lighter than many local Americans and that makes it more enjoyable to me... LOL
friendship View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 6:02pm
ok so it is more clear now. two people got caught by panic, together with cultural differences which lead to misunderstanding

elmatif: calm down buddy, I'm sure you will recieve your blade fine. but in the future, just to make you comfortable, you should buy from shops because they guarantee to you receiving of goods or refund at least. but in case you had any idea to take advantage of the situation, now or in future, forget it. it will not succeed, as you can see

seller: everything went well with dispute, therefore no reason to panic. it is hard to tell with certainty what is behind, but no harm for you luckily and that is most important
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2010 at 6:08pm
It's probably a good idea to establish a reasonable time table for the transaction so that both parties can have expectations for a good outcome.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic