Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - <drum roll please> Andro Super-Core Kinetic OFF+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

<drum roll please> Andro Super-Core Kinetic OFF+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: <drum roll please> Andro Super-Core Kinetic OFF+
    Posted: 03/24/2008 at 5:45pm
Well I finally got my grubby hands on an Andro blade. I'd always wanted to try one. Don't know what did me in, could have been the interesting technologies they pitch or that catchy yellow logo!

So I took the plunge for a Super-Core Kinetic OFF+ (I was actually trying to get OFF but they were sold out) and a pair of 2.0mm Plasma 380s (hope to slow down the pace just a tad).

So fresh and so clean I like how they shrink wrap the blade it's a nice touch. None of my other blades have come like that.

Can't wait to try this thing. Gotta seal, wait, glue, wait, and play! I'll try to post back some initial impressions. But don't expect too much as I've only limited experience to get across how it plays, but i should be able to give basic comparisons to the blades in my sig.

Anyone else have this snazzy blade?
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
Sponsored Links

anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 5:48pm
Oh jeez. sounds like I might start semi-reviewing this blade later. In that case I should maybe have stuck this thread in Equipment. I put it in Discussion because my original play was just to ramble that I was excited to get an Andro! haha.
Blades:
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 5:51pm
Congrats.  I used to own the Super Core Kinetic OFF+ blade.  It was a very good blade.  The design and fit of the handle were great.  It played very nice too (good power and control).  I sold it to a guy in my club since I have too many blades and he has been thanking me ever since. :)  You will be happy with this blade I think.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 5:57pm
hey anixon the off kinetic is so much nicer you should have held out and get that one more softer feel and match it with the plasma 430. i think the supercore OFF Kinetic is the second best blade by andro followed by the Suss OFF kinetic then jm saive off. 
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:23pm
Hmm. Yeah I guess when something's sold out there's usually a reason for it. So do you think the OFF+ is probably way more stiff? Will it be stiffer than my Stradi?
Blades:
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:38pm
i played with this blade for about four years i have hit with the strad and off+ kinetic they are both stiffer than the off kinetic i am now using the andro carbo-aramid which not as stiff as strad which i consider the best of all andro blades. in that i have used the off kinetic,explorer off+ kinetic, suss off kinetic, saive off kinetic, all+kinetic.the controll and the feel of the off kinetic is so good.and enough power when you need it
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:45pm
Ok, well if it's similar to the Stradi in feel then at least I will not be disappointed. Although the Stradi is stiffer than some other blades I play very well with it and my sensitivity is well accustomed to it's style of play.

I have heard a lot of people say good things about the Carbo-Aramid. If I feel good with this Andro, maybe that will be my next blade. I can't imagine a blade similar to Stradi but even better feel, sounds like heaven Embarrassed
Blades:
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:46pm
the feeling is much nicer than the strad and it is also a bit faster than the strad.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 10:01pm
Now you make me salivate over Andro products. As a matter of fact, I just visited a new TT store that carries Andro. The owner showcase Cell Core Series, complete range with only Off- missing (sold out). He has 1 Carbo-Aramid left and now I am wondering, how do you compare Carbo-Aramid with TBS and MMaze?

Thanks.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 10:33pm
Ando Carbo-Aramid has better control , better feeling comparing with TBS and Michael Maze. It also is lighter. However, it is not fast. I would say OFF- to OFF.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Ando Carbo-Aramid has better control , better feeling comparing with TBS and Michael Maze. It also is lighter. However, it is not fast. I would say OFF- to OFF.

Thank you, tdragon.  Does it have more dwell time compared to TBS and MMaze?
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:24pm

All Aramid blade such as Andro Kinetic or Xiom Strad suppose to be more flexible, hold the ball longer and absorb the impact. I did not try with Xiom Strad yet, but Andro Kinetic is one of my favorite blade. The feeling and control is the same with my Butterfly Carbon Kreanga, but it blocks better. The only problem that it would fit for player having spin oriented or blocking game or playing loop close to the table. It does not have enough power for playing far away from the table since the blade is too light (~80gr something). 

By the way, the blade sufarce is a little smaller compare with other blade.
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 1:46am
k I played some games with the Kinetic OFF+ today. It felt great, despite worries that it would be stiff, i thought it had a great feel, kinda reminded my of my friends Clipper, but I thought it had slightly less vibration. It was a joy to play with, felt more control and softer to me than my Stradivarius. Paired with the Plasma 380s it delivered good spin and an amazing sound when I unloaded! I was rewarded with a satisfying <crack/pop>. Actually, when I first started using it, i briefly had visions of making this my new setup. However, it's actually quite a bit faster that the Stradi I feel. It was a little too fast for me. My blocks were going long and my short pushes were kinda all over. lol. I think the speed is still controllable though, the jump is within range that I think it would not be THAT hard to adjust from the OFF-/OFF speeds of the Stradi and develop the touch to make this my main weapon. But I'm staying with the Stradi for now because I still have a couple kinks to work out in some of my strokes. But I look forward to when I start using this in some serious matches Big%20smile

TWO THUMBS UP!

(Note: yeah, this blade is probably for more advanced players that have experience playing with speed, and have developed a good touch. As mentioned near the beginning of the thread, a better alternative for most would probably be the OFF version. But yes KINETIC ROCKS!)

Blades:
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 3:36pm
if you like the feeling of this blade you will definately enjoy the feeling of the off kinetic even more.
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Now you make me salivate over Andro products. As a matter of fact, I just visited a new TT store that carries Andro. The owner showcase Cell Core Series, complete range with only Off- missing (sold out). He has 1 Carbo-Aramid left and now I am wondering, how do you compare Carbo-Aramid with TBS and MMaze?

Thanks.

Super Core Cell OFF- is Available here:

http://www.dandoy-sports.com/product_info.php?pName=andro-super-core-cell-off--2&cName=blades

Im always amazed at how much technical info Andro give with their blades,  (see description below) is a bit confusing. You have Kinetic, Super Core, Super Core Kinetic, Super Core Cell, Has anyone used the new Super Core Cell blades yet? I wonder if they are head heavy as the handles of the supercore have foam in them?

Quote When producing a high-performance blade the perfect harmonisation of the different veneers is the key. The optimum combination of the veneer thickness is the secret when constructing upscale table tennis blades. By intensifying the ball rebound effect andro succeeded to create the SuperCore CELL range, the next level of the established SuperCore series and an innovative adaptation to the needs of modern table tennis. The handle�s foam chamber is parted into small cells resulting in a more precise absorption of vibration and creating counter-energy for the next stroke. The 360� veneer edge protection prevents from mechanic influences. The CELL blades with their revolutionary structure are ideally adapted to the change of playing characteristics by the upcoming speed-glue ban.

Features

-High rebound effect realised by thin outer veneers

-Small cells in the handle maximise the vibration absorption

-Innovative 360� edge protection prolongs durability

-Higher ball flying curve improves hitting area and control

-Strengthened blade fibre structure creates a better energy transport and excellent ball feedback

-Enlarged sweetspot area provides high mistake tolerance

-Decreased level of wrist fatigue due to lower weight.

Su
per Core CELL OFF-

The CELL OFF- combines the power of an offensive blade with the fantastic feeling for the ball known from an allround wood � therefore the ideal choice for many players. Though the OFF- is relatively fast you will never have the feeling of losing control of the ball. This enables to comfortably reliable blocks without the loss of speed especially in the passive play. A change-over to active top spins happens easily because the high base speed reduces work. The innovative small cells within the grip system filled with special foam maximise the feeling for the ball and further help to decrease the error rate for strokes hit under time pressure. The perfect blade for the sportive offensive athlete.

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 5:58pm
In actuality none of the andro blades are head heavy, they are all well balanced. Like i posted before, the carbo-aramid is the best of the bunch followed by the supercore off kinetic, the suss supercore kinetic off,the saive kinetic off then the cell off+. The carbo-aramid is a bit softer feel than both these blades(tbs,mmaze) you mention and also good controll.i think what people dont like about these blades are that they have a compact headsize the blade is verygood for blocking this blade has such good feeling.also the cell off plus plays very nice.the normal supercore series are not as nice as the cell or kinetic series
amateur101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 2:52am
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

In actuality none of the andro blades are head heavy, they are all well balanced. Like i posted before, the carbo-aramid is the best of the bunch followed by the supercore off kinetic, the suss supercore kinetic off,the saive kinetic off then the cell off+. The carbo-aramid is a bit softer feel than both these blades(tbs,mmaze) you mention and also good controll.i think what people dont like about these blades are that they have a compact headsize the blade is verygood for blocking this blade has such good feeling.also the cell off plus plays very nice.the normal supercore series are not as nice as the cell or kinetic series

I have a Super Core Kinetic OFF and its good to know that its a fine blade. It was given to me as a present by mistake (I had specified OFF+ and the person buying got confused).

It has great feel and control with good enough speed.

Recently I switched to short pips (both sides) and I am wondering if this blade is suited for aggressive all pips hitting style.

Some players have suggested that  a stiffer blade such as Clipper or Avalox 700 would be better suited for pips.

Another club player (one of the better ones) has also criticized my blade as a poor choice and said that "its better suited for loopers". I don't think he realized that I used the grippy 802-40 pips and not the regular 802.

Has anyone here used  short pips on the Super Core Kinetic series?

Stiga Clipper CR-WRB
FH/BH - TSP Spectol 21 - 2.1 mm
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 3:26am
Here's my current setup ... Andro Kinetic Explorer (OFF+) with Andro COR short pimples, max (BH) and Andro COR 2, max (FH) and all I can say is that it is a thing of beauty!

I've been playing with it for two weeks now...

amateur101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 3:41am
Originally posted by gundam gundam wrote:

Here's my current setup ... Andro Kinetic Explorer (OFF+) with Andro COR short pimples, max (BH) and Andro COR 2, max (FH) and all I can say is that it is a thing of beauty!

I've been playing with it for two weeks now...

Is the Explorer better than the Super Core Kinetic OFF+?
Stiga Clipper CR-WRB
FH/BH - TSP Spectol 21 - 2.1 mm
Pjotr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pjotr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 4:57am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

Has anyone used the new Super Core Cell blades yet?
Hi,
My team mate plays with Andro Super Core Cell Carbon Off.
I think it's a really good blade. It is quite different than the other blades that we have played with (like: Viscaria, Photino, Bty Balsa-Carbo X5, ...).
At first she didn't like it...she thought it was too slow. But after playing with it for a while she tried other blades and always came back to the Andro. It has a really great, kinda 'special' feeling. It has so much control that you would think that it is slow, but it actually isn't. Perfect for short play. Enough power to attack (short and mid distance).
In short: I'd recommend it.
Borko ST
FH & BH: Falco-Boosted Samba
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 7:49am
Patrick1v,

So, out of these four, how would you put them in order of the better blades? Why? I know you mentioned your order of preference of Andro blades earlier but I was quite a bit confuse with all the naming. Here are four that's available locally and just would like to you know thoughts about these four:

Andro JM Saive Kinetic Off-
Andro JM Saive Kinetic Off
Andro Super Core Kinetic Off+
Andro C.Suss Kinetic Hinoki / Explorer

instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 8:04am
Originally posted by amateur101 amateur101 wrote:

Is the Explorer better than the Super Core Kinetic OFF+?

I wouldn't say it is better as that would be a personal choice, playing style, etc ... The Explorer's core is made from balsa therefore it should have better control. From what I've read in forums, SP works best with a stiff blade and so I first tried it on the Explorer and have stuck with it since.

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 9:10am
well for flat pips hitting the explorer kinetic and off kinetic+ are prob the two best.for spin the carbo-aramid and kinetic off and the cell off+ suss off are the best.also the all+ kinetic very nice feeling and controll blade.
in order of preference and the way they play the this idis the order in which i rate from best to okay.

carbo-aramid
spc kinetic off
cell off+
saive spck off
suss off
supercore carbon
carbon cell
all+spck 
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 9:33am
Thanks!
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic