Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FH Pivot Ball Placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FH Pivot Ball Placement
    Posted: 04/13/2007 at 6:42am

Some thoughts on where you should place the ball when running around your backhand to hit a forehand.

http://tabletennis.about.com/od/matchplayadvice/ig/FH-Pivot-Ball-Placement-Tip/index.htm

Cheers,

Greg

Sponsored Links

pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2007 at 8:50am
you could add in ref to the shot to the bh that it pays to carry on going wider if the rally develops, as yr opp can not avoid hitting back to you.
IMHO yr representions of the players are a bit offputting. Some simpler diagrams with the lines in the right place would be better
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 1:58pm
Nice article, I agree with practically everything you wrote. One thing though, was the article written for only the opening pivot loop of a rally, or just in general for all pivot loops?

if its for all pivot loops in a rally, then you left out a major factor = opponent's distance from the table.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 2:29pm
so basically they are all good choices... LOL
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2007 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

so basically they are all good choices... LOL

yes, the main important thing to remember is that you shouldn't play it straight to your opponent's backhand or forehand. Always keep him moving

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 12:34am
Originally posted by rustyfo rustyfo wrote:

Nice article, I agree with practically everything you wrote. One thing though, was the article written for only the opening pivot loop of a rally, or just in general for all pivot loops?

if its for all pivot loops in a rally, then you left out a major factor = opponent's distance from the table.

Yep, just for the opening pivot really - I just wanted a simple scenario that could show that there is still a lot of decision making that is possible behind the scenes.

Greg
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 7:36pm
It's sad that your topics where you link to your articles dont get more attention TopSpirit, since they are by far the most useful ones on this forum.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 8:02pm
i think its one of waldner's signature moves.. he does a bh to bh attacks and suddenly shifts attacking using his fh down the line.. check his videos he always uses that technique
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2007 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by rustyfo rustyfo wrote:

It's sad that your topics where you link to your articles dont get more attention TopSpirit, since they are by far the most useful ones on this forum.

No worries - they get plenty of attention on the About.com website. I just thought I would share them with interested readers on a couple of other forums that I visit. I suppose they can be hard to see between all the equipment threads and the For Sale threads! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic