Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Speed Glue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moonwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Speed Glue?
    Posted: 12/07/2004 at 10:02am
Anybody has any advice on which is the better speed glue available in the market?
Blade: Palio Carbon Japanese
Rubber: RITC 729 (Higher) 2008 2.2mm H40
Sponsored Links

shakill View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2004 at 10:38am
I'm using Stiga Speed Glue on a Kim Taek Soo paddle,and i'ts alright with me.But is it better if I use Butterfly Chack?
Aeolus S - Sriver L

handsometrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsometrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2004 at 4:37am
have u tried the chinese national team glue called san ding? ive tried it and it is pretty good. i recomend this glue
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2004 at 10:19am
I have not heard of San Ding, where do you get it? Any online stores?
yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2004 at 10:31pm

ive used butterfly fair chack, ive used donic persson speed light, ive used stiga energy, and ive used and am currently using yasaka super speed glue.

I think the fastest ones are the donic, the butterfly and the yasaka, yasaka being the best! The stiga energy glue is rubbish its a waste of money, not much effect what so ever i use what i have left of it as normal glue because its so slow

clipper
magna
hammond
isten View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2004 at 8:26am
I have Yasaka superb speed glue! I think thats the best of all but it has super strong special smell too! :) I only reglue it with outside it has long time to evaporate but you don't have to w8 that long if you want to push rubbers to the blade do it before. And later 1-2 hours the real speed glue effect comes! TRY IT OUT!
ISTEN
Style: Japanese Penholder
Blade: Butterfly Cyperss-S
Rubber: Butterfly Bryce sponge 2,1mm
tucano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2004 at 7:50am

Tibhar glues are good too. I like it...

Where can I find that chinese glue San ding ? I would like to try it...

Figueiredo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2004 at 8:55am

The best glue I've used so far was and is done by myself!

It's very easy... Altough it is illegal and you must always make it and use it outdoors cause it's very toxic. When mixing the compounds I recomend the use of a mask to protect your brain or not if you like to get high on toluene...  

First: Go to an auto repair shop and buy tire rubber glue... The ones used to repair small punctures will work like a charm. I use Tip-Top but any brand will do, it's very easy to get. To make one liter of glue you need 300gr. of glue... You can try and use other quantities to give it your personal touch. More glue makes it easier to glue the sheets while more quantity of solvent gives more speed/spin but if you use to much your sheets won't glue.

Second: You need to buy Toluene... This may be dificult to get in several countries since you need a special perment to buy it. Maybe a friend of yours that works in a graphic company or polishes metals can get it for you.

Third: Mix 300ml of glue with 700ml of Toluene... You should use a paint mixer or some other thing that can do the trick, otherwise you won't get an even mixture of the coumpounds.

Once you decide wether or not to use this I believe you should know that once you start using it you won't be able to quit. You get completly addicted. Speed and spin is far beyond the Ittf approved glues, so if you're happy with them my advice is... STICK WITH THEM! Approved glues are better for your rubbers. I have to change mine every 2 months cause they loose there elasticity after a while. They swell and dome severely and therefore hurting the rubber... My mystake was start using this kind of stuff after reading something like you are now. Glue is cheaper and more powerfull but you will have to change rubbers very often and be carefull cause high tension sheets do crank if you put to many glue.

johnchlaw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnchlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2004 at 11:39am

Sanding glue can be bought at http://www.hiquasports.com/pingpong/accessories.htm

the dx-20 blade is very good too...give it a try

Galaxy T4 Chinese Penhold
FH: DHS Hurricane II or III
BH: 729 SP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsometrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2004 at 4:03am
there are two types of san ding glues. what is the difference? and which one is better?
johnchlaw View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnchlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2004 at 3:57pm

the two type of sanding glue are

regular and speed glue....

speed glue is for reglueing ...needed to reglue rubber to blade before each time of using...but has a much faster speed and spin...

Galaxy T4 Chinese Penhold
FH: DHS Hurricane II or III
BH: 729 SP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsometrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2004 at 2:01am
which one is which? theres the light yellow one and the orange one
Moonwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2004 at 1:18am

Do not use Joola's Rosskopf speed glue...last wk i tried applying one thick layer to my H3...did nothing to improve its performance...in fact it reduced the rubber's spin capabilities. Only managed to soften the rubber.

Wasted one precious piece of my rubber.

Blade: Palio Carbon Japanese
Rubber: RITC 729 (Higher) 2008 2.2mm H40
goldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 7:08am
what different between Fair Chack & Tsp noriko clean ?
goldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 7:09am
what different between Fair Chack & Tsp noriko clean ?
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 8:44am
favorite is universal cement for tire patches and such, mixed with lighterfluid, ethyl acetate, cyclohexane, and toulene
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 10:42am
i use before tsp ecojet. i like the feeling a lot. i'm currently using super long chack
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 11:18am
My choice went to Persson Speed Light a very, very good speed glue !
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
j0rnal1sta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 1:08pm
I'm using stiga carbon, i liked it. but glues of donic are the best.
Blade: Waldner Senso Carbon ST
Forehand: T05 Black
Backhand: T05 Red

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 3:01pm
stiga energy and tibhar rapid clean
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 4:04am

my choice is haifu, the glue that wlq uses!!
GuoZheng View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuoZheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 6:43am
See whether wat rubber u using,if chinese rubber i suggest use TSP NORIKO CLEAN.The rest of it i think use Stiga Energy is enough.
BLADE:TIMO BOLL SPIRIT
RUBBERS:BOTH SRIVER MAX

GuoZheng View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuoZheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 6:47am

Stiga energy and Sanding got better feel but not so strong effect.I think Butterfly Fair Chack got more effect than Stiga Energy and Sanding.Never try Stiga Carbon b4 but i think it's also got strong effect.But,TSP NORIKO CLEAN IS THE BEST.

BLADE:TIMO BOLL SPIRIT
RUBBERS:BOTH SRIVER MAX

hua_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hua_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 8:08am
Originally posted by bigreddawgie bigreddawgie wrote:

stiga energy and tibhar rapid clean

second that
transmed999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transmed999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 8:19am
tihbar rapid clean the best speed glue i've used.
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by transmed999 transmed999 wrote:

tihbar rapid clean the best speed glue i've used.

can you expand on this a bit? why did you like it so much? what did it do that others did not?
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 8:39pm
where do you buy noriko clean?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic