FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Alex Yao - Junior Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robert Trudell View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Trudell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alex Yao - Junior Star
    Posted: 04/17/2007 at 8:25am
Sponsored Links

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 4:48pm
he plays in st. louis right near me. His brother Justin is 13 and is around 2300.

Actually im getting coaching from their mother sheri who was on the Chinese national team(i know it seems everybody's coach is doesnt it?)in her day.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 5:48pm
hey lildudejs who are you, sheri is my coach too, do i know you,
btw justen is 14
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 10:22pm
oh justen is 14 now. I suppose i knew that, i keep forgetting.

I talked to sheri at the st. joseph tourney in southbend and im going to start getting coaching on fridays from her. Im not sure if we have met yet or not? Have you been at any tournaments lately?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 10:25pm
Actually, now that i look at your profile i do know you. Infact i talked to you at that tournament and have played you before. Im the kid you smoked in the under 18 at the show me games. I believe you were right there when i was talking to sheri.

How do you do danny, small world.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 10:50pm
My friend jordan bishop almost beat justen at the north american championships, he was leading 7-5 in the fifth. lol
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 11:01pm
hey rob, do you have any of the matches from the junior events at nationals?
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 11:04pm
lildudjs, are you jeffery shculte? I think we warmed up for like 2 minutes on saturaday at St. joe. I got their later than i wanted to and niether of us could find a partner so we warmed up. How ironic because I met Dan at that tournament too.
dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 11:37pm

Hey Jeffrey ya I know who you are, thats cool that you're gonna start taking lessons. Allen, how is that eraser you got? lol

dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2007 at 11:40pm

Hey Jeffrey did you play in the St. Peters tourney this weekend?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Trudell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 12:56am
Originally posted by alink91 alink91 wrote:

hey rob, do you have any of the matches from the junior events at nationals?

I wasn't allowed to videotape anyone other than myself.

--Rob

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Trudell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 12:59am
Originally posted by dantt88 dantt88 wrote:

hey lildudejs who are you, sheri is my coach too, do i know you,
btw justen is 14

Here's Yao's Momma:

Sheri Xu - Yao's Momma

--Rob
frontosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frontosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 1:22am
>>Actually im getting coaching from their mother sheri who was on the Chinese national team(i know it seems everybody's coach is doesnt it?)in her day.<<

I dont believe so.  Since you are getting coaching from her, you can ask her if this is true or just an assumption or your part.

I believe she played for Shanghai, but I dont know if she was in the provincial team or not.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 8:17am
You mean early saturday alink? yeah i suppose that was me, i remember you. I had JUST got the paddle out of the press and the glue wasnt warm yet...everything was hitting the net as you can probably remember thinkin to yourself(man this kid sucks). 30 minutes later thought he paddle came alive...
does this happen to anyone else? it seems it takes 30 minutes or so for the glue to start working, until then it seem everything just falls off into the net.

Yes dan i played, i did really well too i went 12-1. I won my giant round robin group which was a 100 dollar prize, and then won the under 18 singles.

You could be right frontosa, that is just what i have heard from my club owners, it may have not been the provincial team.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 8:33am
Rob,
Which camera (and lenses) are you using for these photoshoots?
dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2007 at 4:58pm
ya sheri only played for shanghai
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Trudell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by master-pong master-pong wrote:

Rob,

I used a Minolta Maxxum 7D and mostly a 85mm (effective 127mm)  f1.4 telephoto lens.  I also used a 70-200 (effective * 1.5)  f4 Zoom lens for some of the pictures in the arena.

I'd like to get a 70-200 f2.8 for the US Open but I've been spending my money on equipment to keep up with taking more than 2400 pictures a day and a handsome costume.

--Rob

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 2:02pm
I watched Jordan in NH last month...He is going to be very good. Pip are you in Sherbrooke ?
AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Pip Master Pip Master wrote:

My friend jordan bishop almost beat justen at the north american championships, he was leading 7-5 in the fifth. lol

That's incredible! I'm sure Jordan Bishop has improved, but Justen Yao is 2319 US, which converts to over 2500 Canadian. Was it a case of fatigue, overconfidence and a super performance by Bishop which caused a near major( actually, more than "major")  upset?  Our team played Justen's in Baltimore, and he looked awfully strong.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 3:20pm
You mean opposite...Canadian rating is stronger then Us...
AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

You mean opposite...Canadian rating is stronger then Us...

At the lower levels, yes. A Canadian rating of 1800 is considered stronger than a US rating of 1800. And at even  lower levels, like 1200-1400, the Canadian rating is way better.

But as you go higher, the difference narrows, and at a certain point, say 2180 or so, the US rating is considered stronger than the equivalent Canadian one. And the disparity grows as you go higher. So Justen Yao's rating of 2319 is over 2500 Canadian.
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Robert Trudell Robert Trudell wrote:

Rob,

I used a Minolta Maxxum 7D and mostly a 85mm (effective 127mm)  f1.4 telephoto lens.  I also used a 70-200 (effective * 1.5)  f4 Zoom lens for some of the pictures in the arena.

I'd like to get a 70-200 f2.8 for the US Open but I've been spending my money on equipment to keep up with taking more than 2400 pictures a day and a handsome costume.

--Rob

Photography sure can be an expensive hobby..

I do notice some noice of some of your 'action' pictures, which is a shame. But I guess you have no other choice then to use a high ISO in those cases (Which explains the noise)...usually there isn't a lot of good light in those tournament halls.
Laohe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 4:40pm
I heard Alex and Justin Yao got coaching from a 19 year old Chinese coach from Chengdu, China.  I read a story last year from a Chinese tt website about this guy whose name is Huang Bang Chao.  According to the story, the yong Chinese coach was invited to St. Louis to coach the Yao brothers by sheri, and later on, received a reward from the Governor of Mossori for his excellent coaching.  I wonder if this Chinese yong coach still there?

Lildudejds and dantt88, what is their mother's full name?.  I am interested in finding out if she played on the Chinese team or Shanghai team. 

Kreanga Carbon
AVX Pronte FH, Srive-el BH

Laohe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 5:03pm
correct, actually i saw B.C. Huang play at the show me games. He was phenomenal! I believe they estimated him around 2600 usatt but i don't think he has a usatt rating.

I think dan said she only played for the Shanghai team, still pretty impressive though...
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 5:17pm

huang bang chao was our coach from march to august and now he is coaching in maryland, now we get coaching from yin wang who is 2600, but he is leaving at the end of may, then over the summer we will get a new coach

the yao's mom is sheri xu
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2007 at 7:04pm
where is wang yin going?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Trudell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 5:48pm

Photography sure can be an expensive hobby..

I do notice some noice of some of your 'action' pictures, which is a shame. But I guess you have no other choice then to use a high ISO in those cases (Which explains the noise)...usually there isn't a lot of good light in those tournament halls. 

Well, I think sometimes I adjust the picture so the noise disappears on 1 monitor and when I check it with a brighter monitor it shows up.

I ended up ordering this lens a few minutes ago :

It's not out yet, but hopefully it'll deliver before the Open.

Also, I think in many cases I could have used a better camera setting with the 85 mm f 1.4 lens so there wasn't as much noise.

Ky Nguyen suggested using a 800 iso and Shutter priority with a 1/200 sec shutter speed for indoor sport photography.

At the last Arizona Tournament I took pictures at, I tried that but was happier with 1600 iso and 1/350 sec using a shutter speed priority.

In the past I was using a Aperture Priority and 1600 iso.  In many of the pictures the f-stop was accidently switched to f2 instead of f1.4 as well.

--Rob

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

I watched Jordan in NH last month...He is going to be very good. Pip are you in Sherbrooke ?

Yes i am from sherbrooke. And yes he is going to be very strong. in one year he went from 200 to 1300. and now hes at 1750 Canadian rating

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by AVarun AVarun wrote:

Originally posted by Pip Master Pip Master wrote:

That's incredible! I'm sure Jordan Bishop has improved, but Justen Yao is 2319 US, which converts to over 2500 Canadian. Was it a case of fatigue, overconfidence and a super performance by Bishop which caused a near major( actually, more than "major")  upset?  Our team played Justen's in Baltimore, and he looked awfully strong.

It was the frist match in the morning. so i guess it was a combination of jordan playing well and justen not being warmed up, but they played a second time that day and justen one 3-1. justen changed tactics and jordan couldnt adjust.

dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2007 at 5:57pm

wang yin is going back to china, and i believe he is going back to school

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic