FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"japanese penholder"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "japanese penholder"
    Posted: 04/25/2007 at 6:23am

its been trendy lately to book chinese pneholders like yoshida, man li, and lately han yan(kaN YO) .does anybody know why japan can bring up a truly japan penholder? will chen tien yuan be the next samurai, quote chen was semi unknown like han yan.. time will tell, i noticed that there are many poster that are aware about the japanese tt world, would they tell us more about the other uprising players

wang yong gang was playing in japan, he s short pip ph , any news about him... is kan yo playing with japanese stuff (blade, rubber)
Sponsored Links

ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 8:59am
penhold is not as popular as shakehand and j pen is not as popular as c pen .so the odds of getting a new jpen player who can crack the top 100 is not as likely as the rest..Since j pen and c pen are played a little different as well .I am sure it is hard to find good coaching unless you are going to go to korea and train.
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 9:49am
Remember that both Yoshida Kaii and Kan Yo are ex-chinese players.
Potato Face
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 1:54pm
  there s a young player that plays ph like wang hao but with SP at the fh, but i dont know anything else about him
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2007 at 10:19am
chinese penhold is just so much more effective you can basically do everything and more than a jpen player the advantages are undeniable
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
elpmip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elpmip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2007 at 9:01am
I think Jap ph can be as effective.
I played a BTY Tectonic Jap ph for long time before I changed to Chinese ph two years ago.
Tectonic is the first generation carbo blade and is quite heavy. With Bryce, it is fast without speed glue though not as fast as Bryce on Darker Speed 90.  However, this is more controllable.
For the recent three weeks, I have experimenting with a light BTY HCK Jap with reverse ph.  Forehand got Donic Gallardo Power Sound with LKT XP Pro on rear side.  Doesn't matter what rubbers as long as these are light enough.
As a result, this Jap racket is light enough for me to do more reverse ph and I don't have to grip so firmly as Chinese ph. The index finger holding against the cork prevents the racket from being thrown out. The reverse ph can be even more powerful without the wrist being tight.

Apart from this rph, it is also possible for two more styles as Japanese handshake.

The racket can be held in handshake but with the middle finger pressing against the cork which can be sanded down to make the middle finger more comfortable. The forehand in ph now becomes the backhand. The backhand can thus be powerfully played as normal handshake compared with rph. The forehand is also played as normal handshake.

It is also possible, during receiving serve, or during off table, to hold the racket such that it is hanging down between the index and middle finger. The thumb is free to go left, to hold the racket as normal ph, or to front behind the index finger holding the racket. In this way, power backhand loop is possible.  After the hit, the thumb can be restored to normal ph or to a free position to repeat the hit again.

I am not sure if any Jap/Korean players can try these out to see if these help in the play.

See how aggressive was Ryu_Seung_Min in the Athens 2004 against Wao Hao.  If he used rph, the backhand could be even more dangerous.

Would we try to develop these styles to enrich Jap penhold playing?

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2007 at 11:14am
kaii and ryu dont use reverse simply becouse they controlt he entire game with ther forhands if you do not have another option besides punch blocking then you will have to adapt to always useing a forhand wich will make your forhand much stronger but i enjoy the second options that cant really hurt you
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic