Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Is this Nittaku Acoustic fake?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LetsPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this Nittaku Acoustic fake?
    Posted: 03/30/2024 at 6:08pm
got this from Amazon Japan, the logo/lens on handle does not look like any logo/lens I’ve seen online, maybe a recent design change? It’s not completely oval or glass, does not say Offensive and there’s no guitar. The bottom metal tag looks pretty good and overall the finish is good. Weighs only 84.4 grams (ST handle). 

Pictures:

UPDATE: I checked the Nittaku official website and looks like this is a recent design change. The lens/logo on the website for Acoustic looks the same:

Edited by LetsPong - 03/30/2024 at 10:21pm
In between blades
H3 Neo 39 FH, Rakza Z BH
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2024 at 6:43pm
Don´t get me wrong, but the oval lens...seems kinda dodgy if you compare it to a legit oneWink
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
LetsPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2024 at 7:37pm
Yeah that’s what got me wondering, maybe this is a new style? I think I’ve seen some other Nittaku blades with similar lens. There’s also no glass on top. 
In between blades
H3 Neo 39 FH, Rakza Z BH
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2024 at 9:19pm
I've got some recent ones, and none have this shape of the logo/lens on the handle. Everything else looks legit to me though, so it may indeed be a recent design change.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
LetsPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2024 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I've got some recent ones, and none have this shape of the logo/lens on the handle. Everything else looks legit to me though, so it may indeed be a recent design change.

Thanks. Does the box label look legit to you? I sent the pictures to a table tennis store where I bought a blade recently, hopefully they can confirm it for me as they keep the current stock. 
In between blades
H3 Neo 39 FH, Rakza Z BH
LetsPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2024 at 10:24pm
Looks like it’s genuine after all, just checked the official Nittaku Japan website and the pictures for Acoustic have the same lens/logo:
In between blades
H3 Neo 39 FH, Rakza Z BH
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2024 at 11:10pm
Yes the box looks legit. The picture of the blade on the front edge of the box looks like the the old lens shape. Good to see confirmation on the official website, it must be a recent change.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
LetsPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2024 at 12:41am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes the box looks legit. The picture of the blade on the front edge of the box looks like the the old lens shape. Good to see confirmation on the official website, it must be a recent change.

The weight is on the lower side though, do you play with Acoustic? I’d have preferred something like 89-90 grams. I wanted to get a blade with good feeling but tried an Innerforce layer ALC at the club after I placed this order and really liked the feeling as compared to my current all wood Xiom Offensive S. Was also advised by a few very good players to go with Innerforce as it’ll benefit in the long run. 84g Acoustic might be a bit slow, I will probably just attach the same rubber on both Acoustic and Innerforce and keep the one I like better. 
In between blades
H3 Neo 39 FH, Rakza Z BH
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2024 at 5:11am
The new nameplate design was a rolling change from September 23 onwards:

"Due to various circumstances, we would like to inform you that we will be changing the name plates on some of our rackets. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding. We look forward to your continued patronage."
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2024 at 11:04pm
Thank you Sedis, that's great information!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
LetsPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetsPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2024 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

The new nameplate design was a rolling change from September 23 onwards:

Thank you Sedis, I highly doubt they already have a fake Nittaku when this change happened only 5 months ago and lot of sellers are still selling the blades with older name plate design.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic