Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

h2 blue sponge review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: h2 blue sponge review
    Posted: 06/27/2007 at 2:12am

ok i have been playing a sheet of h2 blue sponge 2.2 on my forehand for about two weeks now i wanted to give it a little time to see if i liked it or not and not just judge it on one days performance. so this is what i found.

1. glues up great, it really soaks up the glue, but after a couple of time gluing it on you dont have to use as much glue to get a great effect just one good layer and your ready. not much glue sound though, but that is not a big deal.

2. control,  great control, very easy to get good spinny serves very easy to push with very easy to loop underspin with.

3. speed, fast but not crazy fast you get out what you put into it. for a chinese rubber it preforms well from mid to far table.

things that i didnt like or may be kindov a negative takes a while to break in maybe a day or two of actual play (about 8+ hours) hitting the ball around. so not a rubber that you want to throw on a new sheet just before a tourny and go play and expect to do well with it. i think it plays better once the tack has worn off a little bit. so wash it a couple time before you even play to take the tack off a bit

all in all i would say it is much better than the normal h2 i would consider this a rubber that i want to play for a while

if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Sponsored Links

bordtennisfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bordtennisfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 6:37am
I AGREE THAT Tongue
BTY: M.MAZE
     G2 FX
     Sriver FX
No
GLUE
!!!
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 8:16pm
Something that helps the Hurricane and other Chinese hard sponge rubbers is stretching the sponge by grabbing the corners of the uncut sheet and pulling.  I do this before and during the first 3 glue layers that I put on before playing with a new sponge the first time.  It really helps.  Also, once you pull it off and glue it on again with a fresh layer of speed glue, it again gets a little better.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 9:51pm
i like to kindov roll it in my hands when i first get it i think it softens it up a bit. might just be in my mind though
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 11:42pm
Another thing that helps is to very lightly brush the rubber surface with a damp sponge before playing the first time.   This eliminates excessive sticky-ness that the Hurricanes have when you peel off the protective plastic sheet the first time -- and makes the rubber play normally.

I think that peeling off the protective sheet builds up a static charge on the rubber surface that makes the ball stick much more than normal.  Using a damp sponge or just plain water eliminates the static build up.    It seems like the static charge is pretty large but it will never stay so you'll want to get rid of it so that you get the true feel.  If you don't, you have to hit with the rubber long enough to eliminate the static charge by transfer to the ball at the points of impact or surface leakage (which will be larger when the humidity is high).

mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 11:52pm
JRSDallas, just curious are you in clubrsx forums?

a11291994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11291994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 1:25am
What is the advantage of blue compared to orange.
Blade: Boll Tricarbon
FH: Hurricane 2 2.0
BH: Sriver 1.7
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 1:29am
Nope, just TT.
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 1:32am
Originally posted by a11291994 a11291994 wrote:

What is the advantage of blue compared to orange.

blue have better quality, are more consistent, and take up glue better.

legender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 12:09pm
Where to get the blue sponge?
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 1:02pm
from here:http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/Shop/index.php?currency=USD
Originally posted by legender legender wrote:

Where to get the blue sponge?

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 1:14pm
just received h3 bs from oneofakind.
Very first impression; harder to cut properly Big%20smile
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 2:09pm
really?? i found the sheet of h2 much easier.
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 7:02pm
I bet it depends on what he used, either knife or scisors

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 7:18pm
true i used scissors
Mutley-BR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley-BR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 2:19pm
Anyone have other link to buy this???

Is secure this site from AU?...

thks!
Daniel Andrade
T05/P700/Baracuda
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Mutley-BR Mutley-BR wrote:

Anyone have other link to buy this???

Is secure this site from AU?...

thks!

oneofakingtrading is top notch.  they are very much a legitimate retailer of dhs/globe products.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 5:08pm
i have a sheet that i can sell for 19 dollars shipped in the us. brand new in package 2.2 sponge
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

oneofakingtrading is top notch.  they are very much a legitimate retailer of dhs/globe products.

Thank you!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 7:04pm
i got mine from one of a kind so i can speak for them as well.
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 10:13pm
One of a KInd Trading is very reliable and have good customer service.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic