FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Clippers: Which Model is Best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Clippers: Which Model is Best?
    Posted: 08/09/2007 at 9:22pm
I like the Stiga Clipper Oversize WRB and I am considering buying or trading for one of the following and would appreciate your help. Please keep in mind I am not a looper. I block, push hard, and smash.

Do you like it?

Why/Why not?

Which one is the best version of the Clipper?

Why?

Clipper Classic
Clipper CR WRB
Clipper WRB
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2007 at 9:49pm
I have used the Clipper CR WRB and found it to be a good attacking blade.  It is much slower than my Sardius or Gergely but has enough speed to end points.  It has a high throw so my loops had more arc than I like but my flips improved as well.  Good touch on pushes and serves.  Sorry I have not used the other two but I have heard this is the fastest and lightest of the three.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2007 at 9:52pm
All this time I thought you were a looper LOL, I think the best clipper is the classic clipper. The non wrb non CR clipper wood

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2007 at 10:55pm
clipper wrb... the oversize and the non wrb versions are too heavy
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2007 at 10:58pm
I like the lighter blades . . . nothing over 85 or 86gms
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2007 at 1:39am
Someone recommended I buy another OS and cut it down. This would get me a VERY light Clipper. Any thoughts?
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2007 at 6:10am
dont forget that you will destroy the balance of the blade. The oversize version is ~0.5 mm thicker and the blade size is around 16.4 * 15.4 cm. Go to your local dealer and ask for a 86g version. Mine was 100g so its difficult to find a very light one. I played the Clipper Oversize, Clipper WRB and Clipper. Best control and most heaviest was the Oversize. Clipper WRB was a bit strange. Maybe i got a very thin blade (6mm thick and 80g!). Normaly its around 6.5 mm. He was slow like a off- blade but thx to WRB handle and heavy bryce rubbers it felt like a 100+ g blade. My Clipper favourite is the classic version. Not too headheavy, 88-92g, overall best balance. If you want a light powerful blade try out Gergely. My Gergely is only 88g and i found many 86g versions too. But the handle sucks, its too slim.
BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2007 at 1:01pm
Gergely? Who makes it? I'll check it out. I'll contact my supplier and ask about the weights of the various Clippers too.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2007 at 1:16pm
i liked the non wrb version it didnt feel to heavy. it had very good balance. but was too fast for me i had no control. i have  not tried any other version.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
pwrlooper18 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwrlooper18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 4:10pm
Clipper wood is very nice, wrb is too head heavy in my opinion.
Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood(84g)
Forehand Rubber: Hurricane 3- provincial verson
Backhand Rubber: Hurricane 3

It is better to play your opponent's weaknesses than to play your strengths...
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 5:36pm
All things aside, I hate WRB, so Clipper Classic ftw.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 5:38pm
Jack, why do you hate it? I have a Clipper WRB OS at 85grms and it feels great. Please explain. I value your opinion.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 5:44pm
It's probably two things:

1) I went from basement kmart paddle playing to where I am now with non-wrb... it plain feels weird. Supposedly it makes looping easier, but I see little difference.

2) I play defense. Almost exclusively at times... and I've heard (and definitely think) that blocks and chops feel more solid with a regular handle. Also, some players go that route to save weight -- but I use thin inverted fh, with thin sponged / OX lp on the other, so that's not doing me any favors.

It's all about how it feels to you, and from what I've heard I'd love the OS clipper WRB for a blocking / hitting game with some loops thrown in from a distance, but that's just not my style. For your style, however... it seems like a solid fit.. OS certainly helps with close to the table defending, which is what I'd consider your style from what you've said.

Good luck on that quest for the perfect blade! I just got a Gambler A/C with some Quattro from Cole, and I'm thinking I might be one step closer...LOL

Jack
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 10:15pm
Not to go off topic, but because we are talking about Stiga blades I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.

Does the Stiga Offensive CR have a soft,medium,hard feel? I serached everywhere, but i can not find the answer to this question.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 10:30pm
You're still on subject. I was comparing the Offensive to the Clipper in a past post . . . went with the Clipper because it's faster.
kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2007 at 11:09pm
Can anyone answer my Previous Question?

I know stiga blades do not use def,all,off, but in addition to my previous quote and in an additional question, Where would the Stiga Offensive CR stand?

I hope someone can answer these questionss, Please.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2007 at 12:13am
OFF- I'd imagine, with the Clipper being a solid OFF. Would you concur tommy Smile?
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2007 at 1:33am
Clipper seems like a straight-up solid OFF to me. Definitely not an OFF+. I believe we agreeeee. :-).
kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2007 at 2:10am
Do you know what kind of blade the offensive CR and clipper are? Soft,Medium,Hard?
TwoWingedLooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoWingedLooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2007 at 2:14am
I here stiga clipper wood classic makes you improve faster. Just a word from the streets.
Blade:A.Mazunov- FL
FH: Hurricane 3 MAX
BH: Desto F1 MAX
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2007 at 5:38pm
offensive CR is what i'd call medium (for wood) with clipper -- original, that is -- being medium hard. I have such limited experience with carbon that I'm sure on the grand scale it's very average hardness, but it was stiff enough to limit my topspin on loops, certainly.

yech, tommy, my fiancee purloined my Gambler A/C, gonna have to change my sig Confused. Oh well, double inverted on that thing was gonna rip my arm off anyhow. Back to the ole Donic Enforce.. but with Tackchop 1 in 1.9mm / Saviga V OX this time... quite a nice feel.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2007 at 6:21pm
Hey, I'm gonna try SavV OX on my blades as soon as they arrive from Cole.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic