Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Pictures of your ONE-Ply Hinoki Blade...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Speedstick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2011 at 7:12am
Originally posted by TT_haru TT_haru wrote:

How does it play? Or just for showcase?

how are you haru? still playing with my old nittaku custom jpen ATM.. i have bought it recently.. better grains than my old one.. i don't know if it'll be faster cause it's weight is less.. same size though..
JOOLA Stellwag; Xiom Sigma Euro/Stiga Almana Sound ST

BUTTERFLY Red Kim Taek Soo; XIOM Omega IV

Lord, Grant what You command, and command what You will. -ST.AUGUSTINE
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2011 at 7:15am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Single ply hinoki is very nice to play with, but what I do not like is the thickness. Above 7 mm is too thick for me.

hi aeoliah! you have been playing with 9mm and 10mm jpens from the start right? and now it's too thick for you? Confused

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 2:40am
Unfortunately, compared to my Acoustic and Violin J-pen, I find that 9 and 10 mm are too bulky, but I still love the single ply hinoki. Maybe I will come back to it later Big smile
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 2:45am

Unfortunately, compared to my Acoustic and Violin J-pen, I find that 9 and 10 mm are too bulky, but I still love the single ply hinoki. Maybe I will come back to it later Big smile
i suppose acoustic and violin do not have the power of 1 ply...?
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 2:51am

do they play like the shakehand version? I will try to play with my Tectonic, it's around 7mm. We'll see how it plays compare to my 1-ply.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2011 at 9:05am
Violin and Acoustic is a bit slower I think, but then I am not using the same rubber when comparing it. My dream is to have single ply hinoki 6 mm which plays (and as durable) like 10 mm.
Regarding the shake hand version, I cannor make any comment as I have not tried them and besides, I don't play shakehand. I got the impression that I can move more swiftly with thinner blade. I don't know if it is just my mind.
BTW, I didn't start with single ply. My first blade is Butterfly Taksim C-pen (7,2 mm) and my first J-pen is Butterfly Aeolus (8 mm). which is already very thick compared to 5,7 mm Acoustic and 5,3 mm Violin.

Edited by aeoliah - 04/27/2011 at 9:14am
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2011 at 3:02am
Hi Fendaliy, welcome to the forum ! We are talking only about table tennis, so your post is out of topic.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 12:27am
My Darker Speed 90 FL
Nice feeling - smooth and silky yet steady. I feel like I am holding a Tank.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 9:14pm
Hi Yylik, your blade is 9 mm or 10 mm ? Do you like it ?
I have Hy-Blade Speed 90 J-pen to come. This will be my third Darker single ply.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 12:01am

Hi Yylik, your blade is 9 mm or 10 mm ? Do you like it ?
I have Hy-Blade Speed 90 J-pen to come. This will be my third Darker single ply.

a new darker jpen? i though you said above 7mm is to thick for you? anyway enjoy your new jpen aeoliah! LOL

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 12:47am
I cannot resist this one Embarrassed
How can I resist 76 grams single ply J-pen Big smile
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 2:06am

I cannot resist this one Embarrassed
How can I resist 76 grams single ply J-pen Big smile

oh wow! it's even lighter than my nittaku special at 83g. don't forget to post its pics on the thread of 1-ply hinoki jpen.

yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:39am
Hi:
   This is 9mm handshake FL(87g). I am enjoying it alot as this is the thickest blade I ever have. The speed is good, my back-hand flip and push is now "deadly" to some of my club members. haha.
   At the moment, I am still adjusting to the thickness. As when switching from backhand to forehand (or forehand to backhand) during fast rallies /pushes, I loose points because the ball hit at the sides (usually at the top side). I think this can be overcome by more practice/ simply getting used to the blade.
   Personally, I enjoy the feel of this blade.

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by yylik yylik wrote:

Hi:
   This is 9mm handshake FL(87g). I am enjoying it alot as this is the thickest blade I ever have. The speed is good, my back-hand flip and push is now "deadly" to some of my club members. haha.
   At the moment, I am still adjusting to the thickness. As when switching from backhand to forehand (or forehand to backhand) during fast rallies /pushes, I loose points because the ball hit at the sides (usually at the top side). I think this can be overcome by more practice/ simply getting used to the blade.
   Personally, I enjoy the feel of this blade.

I wish I can afford to buy this blade one. But the price is quit killing me.. just waiting for used oneCry
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2011 at 1:38am
Hi Pak Abu, yours is 8 mm ? That is thin enough for a single ply hinoki. I wish hinoki wood is stronger so they can make it even thinner.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2011 at 2:15am
pak_abu: I see you got the Spanish Cedar! How do you like it?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2011 at 3:23am

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2011 at 9:27am

Hi Pak Abu, yours is 8 mm ? That is thin enough for a single ply hinoki. I wish hinoki wood is stronger so they can make it even thinner.

Quote pak_abu: I see you got the Spanish Cedar! How do you like it?

Hello guys,

Yes I got a spanish cedar with 8mm. Spanish Cedar is quit harder and stiffer than WRC and of course Kiso Hinoki. With 8mm it's stable and the speed is a bit faster than 9mm WRC. But I'm not really playing with this blade anymore because it's really need a good tempo/timing when contact with ball to have the feel. But once it got it, the ball has a good pace and feel really solid. So good for smashing as well. I'm quit like it but cannot really use it in game as my performance just like 50% drop from the training session.

Now, I'm enjoying with my WRC-9mm. Now, I'm looking for a Darker Speed 90 FL/ST with the weight in the range of 85g-88g. If anyone would like to let go theirs, please PM me..Smile

Edited by pak abu - 08/18/2011 at 9:38am
DHS TG 506+

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by yylik yylik wrote:

My Darker Speed 90 FL
Nice feeling - smooth and silky yet steady. I feel like I am holding a Tank.

yylik, where did you buy this blade? You bought it new or used one?
DHS TG 506+

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 10:22am
Tight grain, eyes on both sides, uniform colour, no intrusion on the grains : that is the perfect single ply hinoki according to my definition.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:54pm
This is my new toy:

Kim Taek Soo, Blue label, 99g.

Here are some pics..

Enjoy!

Tsanyc
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:56pm
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Very nice looking Blades...am salivating lol!LOL
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 5:57pm
Anybody have infos regarding darker 600 royal hinoki???? Please share ur knowledge. Thanks.
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2012 at 12:41am
Originally posted by weestenosis weestenosis wrote:

Anybody have infos regarding darker 600 royal hinoki???? Please share ur knowledge. Thanks.

It is a really expensive one. The wood of the blade is selected from >600 year old hinoki. And even the logo is made of gold. 

Edited by rick_ys_ho - 05/06/2012 at 12:41am
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by rick_ys_ho rick_ys_ho wrote:

Originally posted by weestenosis weestenosis wrote:

It is a really expensive one. The wood of the blade is selected from >600 year old hinoki. And even the logo is made of gold. 
has anyone played w/ 600? can someone compare that w/ 90?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2012 at 8:42pm
My first TSP : Hanabi Class "S", 9,8 mm, 82 grams :

Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2012 at 10:49pm
Any reviews on hanabi?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 9:07pm
I have not used it yet, but looking at the grains, I cannot find the difference with my other blades (Nittaku Cho Tokusen A, Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Tokusen, Darker Speed 90, Darker Hy Blade)
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 11:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic