FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Kreanga Carbon Legal Modification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:29pm
I am on pins and needles!!!!! Were going to be part of a WORLD WIDE Experience!!!!! Can't wait to try it! Did you seal the blade with your max seal job so people can see what we do to our equipment??? LOL. Might start a new trend all over the world!  I will try to get hold of Seemiller.  I think it deserves his sig before the end of the journey. Maybe he can sign on the way back from the outer reaches.
     One great idea Tommy. When we go to China, you can show the Chinese "The most famous blade in the WORLD!!!" and get Ma Lin to sign!!! 
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:39pm
Oh Yeahr, It's heavily sealed . . . glassy. It will be fast and light! in this case the triple sealing was a must to protect the two corners that I sanded down to the carbon. Ma Lin wrote me an email the other day. I should have mentioned the blade . . . next time!! Get Seemiller in on it.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:48pm
Outta curiousity, do u guys think that those professional t/t players, e.g. like Ma Lin or Timo Boll or u name them, if u've have the chance to present ur blades to them in their faces, would they be willing sign/initial those blades?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2007 at 12:06am
YES! It's good publicity, especially for Ma and Danny, who both have their best days behind them. LOL :-).

Sign anyway you like as long as it's not too big. We need to leave room for Ma to sign.
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2007 at 2:26pm
im gonna sign my real name with (wawa) underneath it

so it will look like this:
Sean Smith
  (wawa)

is that ok?
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 1:34pm
Is the journey still afoot?
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 3:05pm
I thought that any blade would be legal as long as the umpire could see verify the composition of the blade.  I would not be so worried that the blade would be disqualified as long as you've sanded off enough of the edge of the blade to see the thickness of wood and composite materials.  Now for those at the very top of the food chain at some tounaments the umpires might get more picky, but I just can't see it getting as bad as most folk are expecting.  But if someone is using a frictionless LP rubber this is banned, I can definitely imagine someone getting upset and turning them in to the umpire. 
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2012 at 3:03pm
Ah, the memories! Is it time for me to begin a new adventure?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 1:23pm
Oh, the memories!!!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 1:24pm
http://www.tennis-de-table.com/video/view/id/bmsAppWzZ1Y
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 8:29pm
Someone knows the exact normative in the ITTF rules that KC doesn't satisfies to be an ilegal blade?.

Thanks in advance.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 10:45am
It's not in the rules, it's in the ITTF technical leaflet in the section on racket coverings, Section A.  Qualitative Criteria, subsection 2, says anything like lacquer on the wood cannot hide the wood by sight or touch. 

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/T4_Racket_Coverings_forBoD42014_final.pdf

A very thin layer of lacquer is permitted on the blade, only for the purpose of anchoring wood fibres thereby facilitating replacement of the racket covering. Anything more than this will be deemed to constitute a layer of plastic, and will not be permitted. This layer may be no more than 0.1 mm thick, and should not hide the wood from sight or touch. It is considered to be part of the blade, rather than part of the thickness of the racket covering. A thin layer of paint or plastic laminateis permitted on an uncovered non-striking side of the blade, for the purpose of having a proper red or black side.

jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 12:36pm
Many thanks Baal!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic