Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Why Hinoki?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shihjye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shihjye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Hinoki?
    Posted: 02/22/2008 at 1:05am
Why is there such a high demand for Hinoki paddles?

How does the feel differ from Carbon, Arylate/Carbon, and other woods?
Sponsored Links

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 2:55am
totally different.undescribable-the more i play the more i like.borrow somebody's -you will see.
or ask jpen holders why they like their hinoki blades.speed/control ratio is superior to all other all wood /composite blades.
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 10:59am
hinoki is like that desirable girlfriend u always wanted, except only better as they can't desert u in the middle and u can have more than once at the same time, LOL
I used to play with regular wood, then carbon(too fast) then switched to Jpen wth 1 ply hinoki and i knew right away i had found the right blade for me, I am still going to try new ones but they are all going ot be 1 plys.

Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 11:08am
WHY NOT Hinoki?
Originally posted by everest81 everest81 wrote:

hinoki is like that desirable girlfriend u always wanted, except only better as they WILL NEVER desert u "HALF-WAY" down the road? and u can have more than once at the same time, LOL....
Just love the way u said it but i sorta fine-tuned as per my experience...yeah..there's no other way to describe the 'feeling' of playing wif a good uni-ply Kiso Hinoki jpen/cpen/shkhnd until u try it urself. Playing/owning IT is BELIEVING..
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 11:12am
i sersiouly wonder if theres any good CHEAP shakehand 1 ply hinoki blades besides the expensive DAKRER and BOMB everest blades.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 11:18am
Juic 1ply for 6000yen at iruiru.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 11:19am
oh and hinoki smellls yummmmy
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 11:21am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

i sersiouly wonder if theres any good CHEAP shakehand 1 ply hinoki blades besides the expensive DAKRER and BOMB everest blades.

ask Seasterl

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 5:14pm

Check out this thread http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14983
ryno makes some custom 1 ply hinoki, ony 59$
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 9:55pm
1 ply hinoki blade looks like a drug,after you touch,you don't want to quit.But money....
joris
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2008 at 11:10pm
ill defintely check out ryno then!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 12:21am

hello? Dunno whether u just came in from the dark or someh'n, I dun think Ryno these days would respond to any request of any1..his last visit here was Jan. 28. Basically no correspondence could get to him these days. Good luck to u all, I meant most of his faithful "customers", me included. I felt really bad for him for some reasons and also having dragged some of u, my friends into this.... 
shihjye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shihjye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 1:35am
I use a carbon blade right now.. does that mean if I switch over to a 1-ply hinoki, it'll most likely feel slower?
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 2:26am
It depends.  Some 1-ply Hinoki Jpen blades are pretty fast.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 2:32am
someone who plays jpen is just because hate chinese round, even is the best way to play penhold
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 2:33am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

hello? Dunno whether u just came in from the dark or someh'n, I dun think Ryno these days would respond to any request of any1..his last visit here was Jan. 28. Basically no correspondence could get to him these days. Good luck to u all, I meant most of his faithful "customers", me included. I felt really bad for him for some reasons and also having dragged some of u, my friends into this.... 
who knows,may be the man just got sick(i hope nothing tragic,of course) or simply working on the blades some guys have ordered.patience isa virtue..
look ,tommy zaj has almost been quiet,and nobody's noticingWink
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 10:23am
Except the good feeling of the hinoki ,I like very much the durability.
My Gergely21 is in perfect condition although i didn't lacquer it.
Pulling the rubbers from the blade is very easy without destroying the top ply.

The water glues destroy the blades, hinoki is the best way to go!
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
ahinoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahinoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 10:40am

If your are considering an hinoki blade you might want to consider an
"American Hinoki" blade. My blades got out sooner than I anticipated. I have put up a temporary website that is a work in progress to show a few of the blades that I make. I am retired and very dillegent in filling orders and will keep customers updated via email concerning any orders.

Thanks

Kevin
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 11:41am
great stuff ahinoki your blades look great

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
ahinoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahinoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2008 at 8:17pm

asr1990

Thanks for the good word. I think they look great
but I am a little biased. Some people think they look
bad... but they play real nice.

ahinoki
shihjye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shihjye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2008 at 1:35am
id say the grain doesnt look too nice, but if people have said it plays well, i believe them.

if only i could first get a feel of the blade, haha. or had more money to just experiment around. but thanks for the suggestion :D
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2008 at 5:01am

hinoki is like that desirable girlfriend u always wanted, except only better as they can't desert u in the middle and u can have more than once at the same time, LOL
I used to play with regular wood, then carbon(too fast) then switched to Jpen wth 1 ply hinoki and i knew right away i had found the right blade for me, I am still going to try new ones but they are all going ot be 1 plys.

everest81 did you climb it? how (tt answer expected)
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2008 at 8:49am
Originally posted by JyeChen JyeChen wrote:

id say the grain doesnt look too nice, but if people have said it plays well, i believe them.

Regarding the grain pattern, maybe if the blade was only 5-6mm thick, they would have really low control or something.  But since they're 10mm thick, they're stiff enough to be very forgiving and offer great control, yet very soft.  I think the stiffness (thickness) also gives it the very good pace.  Addiction?  Yes, for sure. 
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2008 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

everest81 did you climb it? how (tt answer expected)

I climbed it all right. Smile
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic