Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My review on Bomb Mopha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My review on Bomb Mopha
    Posted: 03/15/2008 at 10:47am

Simply says: A wonderful rubber!

This is an European style Chinese rubber made by Epoch. I�m interested to try it because this is one of the Chinese rubber tested in the national team (team 2), the other brand is DHS.

When I opened the package, I found that this is a very fine rubber, nice and detail topsheet with smooth soft sponge. The rubber is really soft, but I�m not so confident it can work on my penhold forehand. In my experience, not many European rubbers can work well on Chinese penhold style. I�ve tried Andro Plasma 430 but I think this rubber is too soft. How about this mopha?

I tested it on Friday, and I�m impressed. It really work very well as my DHS provincial H3! Although it is much softer than my H3, the reaction is really fast, there is no delay (seems to be) when the ball is hit. How about looping? It is wonderful! I can feel that the ball hit into the sponge and then going out, and it can make a good loop easily. This is a complete European style rubber, it is soft and very powerful. The tension effect is really really amazing! Any drawback? Yes, the ball is easy to get high near the net because the rubber is too powerful.

I can say, this rubber is better than Andro Plasma 470, Donic F1 and Nittaku M2000NX.

There are different version of mopha, this time I have tried the most expensive commercial version (Mopha Tension Professional). This rubber and sponge are made in Germany but assembly in Chinese. How much is it? It�s really expensive if you compared it with another chinese rubbers, $24 + shipping! Yes, provincial and national versions are available, the price of them are $30 and $40 respectively. They are much expensive than DHS national version H3. However, I must say that this rubber maybe more and more popular when you find that they are used by the national team members.

I�m going to try the other rubbers from epoch (Bomb), the UFO. Hopes I can write a review on it soon.

http://blog.ttrubberman.com/?p=24

Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:21am
Where did you see them at $24 TTR, because you could get them just a bit cheaper at presports (depending on the shipping of course).
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:32am
Is the surface tacky?
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:33am
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

Is the surface tacky?

Not tacky.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:35am
sry for another question, what thickness did you use?? And do you feel that it's heavier or lighter than a H3??
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:47am
2.2MM, as light as European rubbers.
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 12:32pm
Which type of Mopha is it?  J, G, or regular?
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 12:32pm
it's professional tension, black package.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 12:34pm
yap, professional version, g-tension sponge.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 2:22pm

" used by the chinese team�" is the cheapest marketing tool, any brand can claim that, stiga said zhang jike played with 2 stiga rubbers and checking with some junior players that played zhang i found stiga lied, i still cant get how a grown up can buy that marketing hoax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

" used by the chinese team�" is the cheapest marketing tool, any brand can claim that, stiga said zhang jike played with 2 stiga rubbers and checking with some junior players that played zhang i found stiga lied, i still cant get how a grown up can buy that marketing hoax

I agree with that, even national version H3, I don't know how many is the REAL national rubbers. Many manufacturer claims that their equipments are used in the team, it may be true, but only in a small proportion.

However, this is not an advertisement made by the manufacturer, I found this information  from a report made by team members, which is published in the Chinese Table Tennis World. Of course, they didn't mention the real name of the rubber, just stated "Bomb pro", but there is only one professional rubbers made by them. About this table, it lists a series of rubbers tested by the team 2 members to find solution without using speed glue.
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

I agree with that, even national version H3, I don't know how many is the REAL national rubbers. Many manufacturer claims that their equipments are used in the team, it may be true, but only in a small proportion.

However, this is not an advertisement made by the manufacturer, I found this information  from a report made by team members, which is published in the Chinese Table Tennis World. Of course, they didn't mention the real name of the rubber, just stated "Bomb pro", but there is only one professional rubbers made by them. About this table, it lists a series of rubbers tested by the team 2 members to find solution without using speed glue.

I have heard of this version in early 2006 through HK admin as BOMB put in a tender for the HK team but it was not up to the standard for international competition. They said it is good rubber but not as execptionally as H3 or KIng or Reactor or SKitt.

The best BOMB rubbers that designed for the players would be the 729 SHENFENG.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 12:03am
Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

I have heard of this version in early 1996 through HK admin as BOMB put in a tender for the HK team but it was not up to the standard for international competition. They said it is good rubber but not as execptionally as H3 or KIng or Reactor or SKitt.

1996? Confused
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 12:50am

Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

I have heard of this version in early 1996 through HK admin as BOMB put in a tender for the HK team but it was not up to the standard for international competition. They said it is good rubber but not as execptionally as H3 or KIng or Reactor or SKitt.

1996? Confused

Sorry.. Typo error.. i meant to say 2006  LOL

By the way, this rubber is cheaper than the  H3 national.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 1:26am
Hi Rossicarbon.
I keep seeing that you mention SKITT rubber. Can you tell me where can i get more info about that rubber like company , speed, control.  Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 3:39am
Originally posted by sadius sadius wrote:

Hi Rossicarbon.
I keep seeing that you mention SKITT rubber. Can you tell me where can i get more info about that rubber like company , speed, control.  Thanks

To be honest with you .. i do not know about the company that manufactured that rubber. All i was told that hk got new samples of the rubbers and  i was lucky to get them. All i know was chinese topsheet combined with german tensor.

In terms of the characteristics, you could  imagine skitt is just similar like DONIC F1 but except with a tacky topsheet.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 6:47am
so does it really have build in glue effect like your tuned rubbers ttrubberman? Does it suit a smashing  game?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

so does it really have build in glue effect like your tuned rubbers ttrubberman? Does it suit a smashing  game?

They are different type of rubbers. Bomb mopha is really powerful, but the spin should not compare to H3. Yes, bomb mopha is a very fast tension rubber.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 12:37pm
i ordered a sheet of it from presports, along with Vortex 218 of Double Fish.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:49pm
Where can you buy this?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 3:12am
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Where can you buy this?

presports
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 9:43am
Thanks. I have never dealt with Presports before, are they reliable? How fast is shipping to Canada approximately?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 9:50am
very reliable. Shipping is very slow, takes about 2 weeks.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 10:47am
yes they're reliable
legout_de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legout_de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 3:42am
Hi guys,

anybody tested other Bomb rubbers already, like Rex or Ufo?

Thanks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2008 at 5:15pm
i just picked up my sheet of the Mopha PRO today, it's med soft, listed at 40degrees, it feels as hard as Sriver. The surface is really weird, it seems like it sticks to the oil to the hand, so if i wipe it w/ my hand the topsheet becomes slick. I haven't had a chance to hit w/ it yet
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2008 at 7:07pm

Any updates on this? Has anyone else tried any Bomb rubbers with built-in glue effect like Mopha, Rex...etc.? If so, how do they compare to the ESN made German rubbers and Tenergy in terms of speed?

chris06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2008 at 10:51am
I have never used the German rubbers or Tenergy.  The last rubber I used was Inspirit Quattro, and I think the Bomb Mopha is definitely faster.  Spin is about the same, and control is actually quite good.  
Gabcsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabcsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 5:49am
Great review, thanks.

As you compared it to H3, does it mean it has a high-ish throw?
Was thinking about trying the DHS TNT but low throw does not really suit my game... This Bomb might be good.

And the variant, just to clarify >
I see there is a the black `prof. tension`, and I see a similarly named `prof G-tension`, it`s colored package, not black.  Ratings are different somewhat. You tried the non-G then in the black?
Galaxy W6
Palio GP3 sponge 2.2 mm + CJC top FH/ LKT XT black BH 2.2mm

Galaxy 896
Joola Mambo max FH/ 2mm BH

DHS 126g blade
XT red 2.2mm FH, 6512 2mm BH
Klopic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klopic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2008 at 3:14am
Is it possible to compare Bomb Mopha Pro with Xiom Omega III, II, or Zeta?
Klopic

Avalox Blue Thunder 550

F- Palio Aeolus Max

B- Palio Blit' z, 2,0 mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic