Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1 ply Hinoki Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

i used to think hinoki was so great for everything, but then i just realize it's all about perfecting technique and you can use everything
correct!
but it is just a very user -friendly material,very forgiving if you are playing against more developed an onent as your shots are more accurate and when you have to be in defensive mode you have more control vs when you use a harder (all wood/composite) blade.
since may of us do not take coaching lessons,perfecting technique may take a very long time.with hinoki blades you can still play well,but you errors drop dramatically,because you maintain speed,but iprove contol a lot.
Sponsored Links

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 6:42pm
I stopped using my 90 cuz it hurt my hand being too thick, and i didn't want to sand it down.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 6:49pm
Big%20smileWinkLOL

I stopped using my 90 cuz it hurt my hand being too thick, and i didn't want to sand it down.
you got a collection already...
you may just try it later and find out that it works better.even if you cut a bit to fit your grip,it will not be a less valuable blade.of course you may have found something that works for better.there is Hercules at this forum.have you seen his modified darker?he did cut it nicely and the blade does look wonderful and he plays with it i think
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Big%20smileWinkLOL

you got a collection already...
you may just try it later and find out that it works better.even if you cut a bit to fit your grip,it will not be a less valuable blade.of course you may have found something that works for better.there is Hercules at this forum.have you seen his modified darker?he did cut it nicely and the blade does look wonderful and he plays with it i think

How thick is your Speed 90? ever think about selling/trading it?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 8:05pm
it's a cpen
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 8:24pm
cpens is 9mm tich,right?my SH is
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 8:24pm
yup 9mm, blocking is the most effortless thing ever w/ that blade.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 8:48pm
Seasterl, you are tempting me. What about J-pen version, do they make it ? What is the price range ?

Dalamchops, why you don't want to sand your blade ? I sand all my blades so they can be used conveniently. That is the purpose of buying it, isn't it ? Regarding the thickness of J-speed 90 C-pen, I think it is 8,5 mm, but usually they have some tolerance in thickness, so if you want to know it exactly, you will have to measure it.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 8:53pm
Guys who have played with 1 ply hinokis..What rubbers do you recommend or prefer?I have asked the question before ,but gone unanswered...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:07pm
I use just the most regular ones - right now I have Cream MRS 2.0 on FH and Sriver EL 2.1 on BH - nothing kinky. But everybody has their own preferences...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:07pm

cpens is 9mm tich,right?my SH is

I meant your SH of course, holda

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:11pm
mine is 9 mm thick.i measured out of curiosity.
not selling or trading speed 90.i like it a lot and just want to stay with this set up.juic and speed 90 are very similar so i don't want to let them go
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:14pm

Guys who have played with 1 ply hinokis..What rubbers do you recommend or prefer?I have asked the question before ,but gone unanswered...

I tend to prefer softer rubbers anyway, so my preferences will be skewed.  With that being said, I thought Solcion would have been a good rubber, but I thought it was just too soft and it didn't work out as well for me (on these soft one-ply blades,... on the SC it's a different story).  I still like Nimbus Sound on the FH and use Joola Tango on the BH.  I think most will prefer at least medium-hard rubbers, though, if not hard.  I've even been getting decent performance from LKT Pro XP 2.0 rubbers on this blade.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:17pm
seasterl, great posts.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:19pm

not selling or trading speed 90.i like it a lot and just want to stay with this set up.juic and speed 90 are very similar so i don't want to let them go

Why do you think Paddle Palace has such a ridiculously low control rating for this Juic Hinoki ?

It's basically the lowest of all the Juic blades they have...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Seasterl, you are tempting me. What about J-pen version, do they make it ? What is the price range ?

Dalamchops, why you don't want to sand your blade ? I sand all my blades so they can be used conveniently. That is the purpose of buying it, isn't it ? Regarding the thickness of J-speed 90 C-pen, I think it is 8,5 mm, but usually they have some tolerance in thickness, so if you want to know it exactly, you will have to measure it.

I usually sand the edges just to smooth it out. I don't ever cut into the shape of the blade, i feel like im destroying a work of art :D 99% of the time i don't need to, but the 90 is just a tad too thick for me.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:39pm
Dalamchops, in my opinion, it is not destroying the blade, but it is improving the design, because the manufacturer must make a standard blade for everybody, then for personal use we have to modify it ourselves, just like restaurants who always have salt, pepper, chilli etc on the table to modify the taste of the food.
Holda,
I am satisfied with F1, but then I use only F1 and F2. For multi-ply blade I use F2.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:42pm
that's one analogy u can use, but no one will ever be able to convince to do so :D I guess i also get to keep its resale value a little higher.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Why do you think Paddle Palace has such a ridiculously low control rating for this Juic Hinoki ?

It's basically the lowest of all the Juic blades they have...
i am thinking it was someone's subjective opinion.it is clearly controllable vs juic air titan that has 10 mm thick core with titanium reinforcing layers.that blade made the ball dissapear..
someone may have erroneously concluded that because it is a thick blade it should be vary stiff(fast) so hard to control just a logical conclusion.
i mean look how jpen players get tricks with their equipment.
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 10:16pm

The designer is a Jpen player, anyway, and that's where his passion is.  Actually, he plays a slightly modified grip from the Jpen.  Check out the Jpen blades here:  http://www.americanhinoki.com/  ... and click on Jpen.  The shakehands are $75 and I'm not sure about the Jpen.  Send him an email.  Maybe they're the same price.

@ Tommyzai:  Thanks! 
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 10:35pm
Holda, would you clear your PM box please.
A Proud Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Speed90 Cpen: F3 Big Slam Max, Xtend 2.0 89/160 grams
H-1-9 FL: Impuls speed 2.0, QUAD420 Max 90/161 grams
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 11:28pm
Thanks Seasterl, but the grain does not look attractive (I am not talking about performance though, because I have not tried it).

Dalamchops, you have a good point there.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 11:44pm
i am sorry for not monitoring my pm box.i am clearing it now .will be back in a few minutes.i want to shoot some pics for you,guys,to see.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 12:46am
Ok,guys.Pics are up.Please take a look.SOmetime I will perfect my photograper' skills.:)
Here:
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 12:56am

Ok,guys.Pics are up.Please take a look.SOmetime I will perfect my photograper' skills.:)
Here:

Niceee.... Sleepy
A Proud Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Speed90 Cpen: F3 Big Slam Max, Xtend 2.0 89/160 grams
H-1-9 FL: Impuls speed 2.0, QUAD420 Max 90/161 grams
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Wingman Wingman wrote:

Here:

Niceee.... Sleepy
Darker speed 90 has no varnish.The wood shines itself and I could not mask that.Should have probably waited or taken pics in the day time
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 1:09am
My Darker Speed 90 J-pen are sealed from the factory. I bought twice and both are sealed, it can be seen clearly when I compare the it to the sides of the blade.
It is entirely different with Nittaku Cho Tokusen A and Kokutaku Cho Super, they are not sealed at all.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 1:22am

My Darker Speed 90 J-pen are sealed from the factory. I bought twice and both are sealed, it can be seen clearly when I compare the it to the sides of the blade.
It is entirely different with Nittaku Cho Tokusen A and Kokutaku Cho Super, they are not sealed at all.
can be.
i onlu saw a speed 90 in jpen version and it was not sealed.but,it does not really matter,because the company may have varnished blades per customer's request.jpens are very light!
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 7:40am

Thanks Seasterl, but the grain does not look attractive (I am not talking about performance though, because I have not tried it).

I try not to be too fussy about the grain unless you're buying something to hang on a wall.  Sometimes if the grain is too tight, it will be denser and heavier (and harder) than wood with more separation in the lines.  Some of his blades is much tighter, but the pics are of sample blades and looks are subjective.  One thing to remember, though, is that it's covered with the rubber when playing and soon forgotten.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2008 at 10:20am
Originally posted by seasterl seasterl wrote:

I try not to be too fussy about the grain unless you're buying something to hang on a wall.  Sometimes if the grain is too tight, it will be denser and heavier (and harder) than wood with more separation in the lines.  Some of his blades is much tighter, but the pics are of sample blades and looks are subjective.  One thing to remember, though, is that it's covered with the rubber when playing and soon forgotten.

I couldn't agree more. Some cuteness doesn't hurt but eventually you are supposed to play with those not hang them on the wall - although I know that many people do that. Still, IMHO, if you are not playing with it and just admiring it, that means you (or somebody else) don't get to use it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic