FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Globe Awala AVA review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globe Awala AVA review
    Posted: 04/17/2008 at 9:53am

I was curious about the globe awala ava rubber and i bought it just to see if its of any good. at first look on the topsheet the quality is good comparable to that of an LKT rubber. the topsheet is smooth with only slight tackiness with it even in black. the sponge is a soft dirty white cream sponge with the hardness of 38-40 degrees.

the rubber is bouncy on my first fh to fh drills and even my bh to bh drills. it doesnt give a dead bounce compared to traditional rubbers from china. the soft sponge and the slightly grippy topsheet makes looping a bit easy. i placed this in my persson powerspeed blade and it was fast enough to give fast spinny shots but more on the spinny side.. i think this rubber excels in looping more than smashing.. in smashing this rubber only perfoms in a mediocre fashion because its sponge is too soft smashing isnt that strong. loop driving is good with this rubber but looping is where this rubber excels the best. its not sensitive to incoming spins due to the fact that it is not super tacky.

all in all this globe rubber is worth more than its price because it gives value for money.. this is recommended for people who loves slow spinny loops or regular loops that offers good speed and control

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:00am
so it's a euro style rubber?? Have you used Cj8000/Quattro?
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:08am
palio cj8000 is tackier than awala, awala is sort of a hybrid rubber like an lkt xt
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

kits11326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kits11326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:13am
the only problem with awala is, it lost it's tackiness after 2 weeks of play. it's not as lively as when it's 3 days old so i decided to use the Joola energy xtra.. but all in all it's a good rubber from globe, it just that the quality of the rubber doesn't last that long
Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll T5000

FH: Red 2.0mm   Joola Energy Xtra

BH: Black 1.8mm Donic Baxter F1A

buy at:
http://www.iruiru.com/e/
you will never go wrong with their equip
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:20am
thanks Yogibear for the review

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:21am
salamat po
:-)
Ginko

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:22am
kits, that remains to be seen about the quality since im the type of person who takes cares of my rubbers and put plastic covers after i clean them, i really ont find the black rubber that tacky

kits11326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kits11326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:27am
i also used the ones from topcoms.. you are right about the black ones.. it's not that tacky as the red awala.. maybe a different batch? what do you think?

by the way yogi, Clipper CR is  already available  at Topcoms?  i was waiting for this blade for a long time..

buy at:
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:30am
Sweet review, thanks!

What is the throw angle on this rubber?
kits11326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kits11326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2008 at 10:33am
low to medium throw with TBS.,..

buy at:
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2008 at 8:55am
yes kits, htere are clipper cr's there, i found a clipper cr master flared with the wt. of 83 grams there.. and yes the globe awala throw angle is low to medium

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2008 at 1:55am
I tried this rubber as well, and was surprised by how the throw was...As I'm used to high throw rubber, I didn't like it much. I also did notice that it was particuarly insensitive to incoming spin.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic