Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1 ply HInoki blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 ply HInoki blade
    Posted: 10/24/2009 at 2:08pm
check out my speed 90!!!
http://picasaweb.google.com/sebastian.a.aguirre/Wsc#
Sponsored Links

Axio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Axio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2009 at 2:27am
Moved to equipment

"Member of Single Ply Hinoki Club"

BTY Special 10mm 84g + HEXER HD

BTY Special 10mm 84g + HEXER HD

BTY Kim Taek Soo Special 10mm 88g + HEXER HD
lanatir View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanatir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by fattchoi fattchoi wrote:

lanatir, congrats on your purchase. I recently converted one of my KKT Cho-Super-Cho for rpb play. In fact, I played with it tonight. FH Tenergy 05 and BH Tackfire C. Very nice. I am sure you will have loads of fun with yours when you are ready to use it. This is a powerful bladeBig%20smile

By the way, what is the weight of your blade?

Cheers.

thanks. mine's 93g. i dont think i'll be using it anytime soon. apart from my current super cho 9mm (which is already powerpacked), i am also experimenting with the hurricane hao.
Regards
Kelvin
Kokutaku 1D-100 - Tenergy05
Hurricane Hao - Pryde/802-40
YEO - H2/DrEvil
http://haute5.com
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 9:22am
Guys, is there a Hinoki DEFENSIVE Shakehand blade out there?
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 9:17am
lanatir, congrats on your purchase. I recently converted one of my KKT Cho-Super-Cho for rpb play. In fact, I played with it tonight. FH Tenergy 05 and BH Tackfire C. Very nice. I am sure you will have loads of fun with yours when you are ready to use it. This is a powerful bladeBig%20smile

By the way, what is the weight of your blade?

Cheers.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
lanatir View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanatir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 4:30am
my newly obtained KKT Cho Super Cho Tokusen 10mm

Regards
Kelvin
YEO - H2/DrEvil
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2008 at 8:36am
Originally posted by lanatir lanatir wrote:

Now I'm just thinking if I should order a Darker Speed 90 (round shape) for use in a chop/spin game to complement the KKT...

If you like the square shape, I think you won't like the rounded version. I bought some rounded version blades in the past but after I tried the square shape, I sold most of my rounded blades, and now stick to the square. I still have two of the rounded shape though : Violin J-RH and Speed 90 in 9 mm.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2008 at 2:38am
Good man.  Thanks for the quick response to my request.
I read somewhere that Joola commissioned some reputable factory to OEM their Genesis and Arrow blades.  I've long suspected that it was either Darker or KKT.

About the eye, it could be either the lines are not that straight along the edge or the blade shape is not as curvy as what we normally see on other Jpens.  In any case I think it's a fine blade.  I've now put it on my Xmas list Smile
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2008 at 2:16am
OK, as requested by our CEO, I will put a brief review of the Joola Genesis Jpen Square 10mm here. I can't post pictures or anything else because I am using another person's comp. My laptop went kaput last nightShocked Thankfully, under warranty and HP coming over to pick up and repair.

From the blade face, it really looks exactly like the Darker Speed 90 10mm that I have. The face shimmers nicely and grains on both are tight and straight. Simply beautiful. And I really love the nice green Joola badge on the end of the handleSmile Weight wise, one is 94g (approx. 10.5mm) and another is 82g (10mm). That is because I request iruiru to find one very light weight and one very nice grain. As it turns out, both very nice grain. The Joola also comes with the backside unpainted. That is nice especially if I want to convert to rpb. Only need to sand off the cork area.

Front side view, the grains are again nice and tight and straight. Side views are where it differs from the likes of KKT and Darker. It does not have the nice eyes rings but rather just half of a big eye, if that is meaningful. In fact, the side views of the grain resembles more like the Nittaku Rorin 10.5mm type of style.

Bouncing a ball on the blade, it sound more like the KKT 10mm than the Darker Speed90, a rather sharp 'poing poing' sound whereas Darker sounds slightly duller. Reminds me of the KKT ID100 feeling that I like very much.

And yes, I do plan to use one. But not right away because I still have so many other blades to go through. I want to try out the KKT 10mm first, which is why I bought another one. My problem is choosing which one...hahahahaha...never ending dilemmaConfused

Cheers.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2008 at 7:57am
Hi NightyKnight,

How is speed 90 reverse compared to Expert-H?
1 ply hinoki vs 3ply with carbon...

Originally posted by NightyKnight NightyKnight wrote:

@Genomics: hmm hmm, I might stick to PU for starters. I'm really scared I might mess up the blade...what's are the possible problems I could come across while PU-ing the blade?

@fattchoi: I don't have a nice scale to measure it on, so I'm not sure. It sort of feels similar to my Expert-H in weight though, and that's 76g.
But even so, my muscles are so great and powerful that both of them are just incredibly light to begin with. :P
lanatir View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanatir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2008 at 11:04pm
My one plys...

Senkoh Z (ard 10 yrs old)

My Kokutaku Cho Tokusen (which is my primary blade now)

A recent acquisition, the KTS (for keeping)

And a small Xiom keychain hehe

Now I'm just thinking if I should order a Darker Speed 90 (round shape) for use in a chop/spin game to complement the KKT...

Regards
Kelvin
YEO - H2/DrEvil
pual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 9:44pm
 May be you can consider TSP Dynam .
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 9:22am
Originally posted by joris joris wrote:

I don't think using sand paper is good choice, the grain is harder in the wood, it will made it uneven. Why don't you use thinner,Methyl Ethyl Ketone?

I use a sanding block to sand the BH down. It is smooth and even. Moreover, because it is for rpb, I want to sand it down to between 8.5 to 9.5mm. So far, I managed to sand them down evenly.

Cheers.
pual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2008 at 9:07am
 Try to get the tsp Dynam.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2008 at 1:39pm
Thanks for the tip! Tongue
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2008 at 11:49am
I don't think using sand paper is good choice, the grain is harder in the wood, it will made it uneven. Why don't you use thinner,Methyl Ethyl Ketone?
joris
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2008 at 11:33am
Originally posted by fattchoi fattchoi wrote:

I just had a very nasty experience and I think this is the appropriate thread to put it on. Anyway, I decided to convert my Kokutaku ID100 to rpb. This would be my 5th conversion. You would have thought that I would by now know all there is to know on how to sand down the BH and all thatAngry

As usual, I started off by sanding the part of the BH cork area where I want my rubber to go up to. As usual, I start off with a rough sandpaper. After the cork is almost gone, I go down to a medium sandpaper. However, this Kokutaku black paint seems to be very adhesive. I find the powdery black ink seems to stain wherever it falls on, even on the side of the blade. And sanding over those powder seems to make it restaining the sanded area. So to rid off the powdering dust, I decided to use a wet sponge to wipe off the whole blade. This works well but it means the blade becomes 'wet' so to speak.

After I wiped the blade clean, I decided to now use the finest 1200 grit paper to sand the BH smooth. NEVER EVER DO SO WHILE BLADE IS WET!!! It actually causes 'strips' of the grain to come off when sanding along the grain causing tiny grooves on my blade. I had the shock of my life!CryCry

Fortunately, I did not panic. I use a dryer to dry the blade.  And very lucky, I notice straight away that the sanding feeling is wrong this time round and stopped to inspect in time. So I was able to sand off with the medium paper till the BH is smooth and nice againBig%20smile But it does mean I have to sand off a bit more than I wanted to.

Anyway, thought I share this experience with you guys so that you don't go to those dark corners that I had been. It is NOT niceTongue

Cheers.

Fa - Thanks for sharing.  Glad to hear that it was not too bad of an outcome for you in the end.  Cheers!
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2008 at 2:52am
A lesson to be learnt...
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2008 at 2:25am
I just had a very nasty experience and I think this is the appropriate thread to put it on. Anyway, I decided to convert my Kokutaku ID100 to rpb. This would be my 5th conversion. You would have thought that I would by now know all there is to know on how to sand down the BH and all thatAngry

As usual, I started off by sanding the part of the BH cork area where I want my rubber to go up to. As usual, I start off with a rough sandpaper. After the cork is almost gone, I go down to a medium sandpaper. However, this Kokutaku black paint seems to be very adhesive. I find the powdery black ink seems to stain wherever it falls on, even on the side of the blade. And sanding over those powder seems to make it restaining the sanded area. So to rid off the powdering dust, I decided to use a wet sponge to wipe off the whole blade. This works well but it means the blade becomes 'wet' so to speak.

After I wiped the blade clean, I decided to now use the finest 1200 grit paper to sand the BH smooth. NEVER EVER DO SO WHILE BLADE IS WET!!! It actually causes 'strips' of the grain to come off when sanding along the grain causing tiny grooves on my blade. I had the shock of my life!CryCry

Fortunately, I did not panic. I use a dryer to dry the blade.  And very lucky, I notice straight away that the sanding feeling is wrong this time round and stopped to inspect in time. So I was able to sand off with the medium paper till the BH is smooth and nice againBig%20smile But it does mean I have to sand off a bit more than I wanted to.

Anyway, thought I share this experience with you guys so that you don't go to those dark corners that I had been. It is NOT niceTongue

Cheers.

hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 5:33pm
thanks for the comment....i love the senkoh 90 - great blade, i might consider a thinner rubber, maybe a takifire sp soft or a sriver fx 2.1

possibly later on i might get a very light senkoh-85.  first i have to decide which rubber makes the best combo for me. 

Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by hafawaz hafawaz wrote:

i'll weigh it and try it with 2.1 rubbers.  my keyshot is 82 g - i have a feeling that it will be quite different. 

by the way, how does the 90 play compared to the 85?  what rubbers do you use?
If you are you referring to the Speed90.  The Speed feels softer / better touch with pushes and blocks and slightly faster, but not by much.  There are differences, but I don't think that they are light years away and I also believe that you will see differences in the Darker blades even the same models.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 5:16pm

i'll weigh it and try it with 2.1 rubbers.  my keyshot is 82 g - i have a feeling that it will be quite different. 

by the way, how does the 90 play compared to the 85?  what rubbers do you use?
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by hafawaz hafawaz wrote:

using my senkoh 90.  I have to admit, i just finished playing with my senkoh 90 glued with sriver el max.  a couple of observations...

it is much heavier than my keyshot light and noticibly thicker.  I'm getting it weighed tomorrow; i'm still getting used to it. 

it is definitely much faster than my keyshot.  looping was awesome, but i had to alter my technique quite a bit, i noticed that i had to use more of a forward motion than my traditional salute type loop that's heavy on spin.  i didn't have to hit hard at all to generate power.  it still had great dwell time and feel.   the sound is amazing.  my keyshot sounds a lot more muffled - the hinoki makes a nice sound - louder and deeper. 

initially it was hard to keep on the table but hitting with it was incredible.  my keyshot is great for looping but is terrible for hitting.  this on the other hand is great for both.  the throw was a mid to low throw - not a high as my other combo.

blocking was easy and it went exactly where i told it.  pushes were a bit of a challenge and went off the table a lot.  i don't have to hit hard with it to generate power.  my concern is for weight - i might consider a senkoh 85 and possibly 2.1 rubbers.  all in all, this baby is a keeper.  pics to be posted soon. 
hafawaz - I have a Senkoh 85 @ 86 grams and a friend of mine has all three sizes 85/90/Max, his weights are 84 / 86 / 96.  His 90 is the same weight as my 85, the key is asking for a specific weight when you order the blade.  I ordered all the blades through Iruiru and asked for ~86 grams for each, but the Max was the lightest one they had.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 5:00pm

using my senkoh 90.  I have to admit, i just finished playing with my senkoh 90 glued with sriver el max.  a couple of observations...

it is much heavier than my keyshot light and noticibly thicker.  I'm getting it weighed tomorrow; i'm still getting used to it. 

it is definitely much faster than my keyshot.  looping was awesome, but i had to alter my technique quite a bit, i noticed that i had to use more of a forward motion than my traditional salute type loop that's heavy on spin.  i didn't have to hit hard at all to generate power.  it still had great dwell time and feel.   the sound is amazing.  my keyshot sounds a lot more muffled - the hinoki makes a nice sound - louder and deeper. 

initially it was hard to keep on the table but hitting with it was incredible.  my keyshot is great for looping but is terrible for hitting.  this on the other hand is great for both.  the throw was a mid to low throw - not a high as my other combo.

blocking was easy and it went exactly where i told it.  pushes were a bit of a challenge and went off the table a lot.  i don't have to hit hard with it to generate power.  my concern is for weight - i might consider a senkoh 85 and possibly 2.1 rubbers.  all in all, this baby is a keeper.  pics to be posted soon. 
joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2008 at 12:26pm
Which one better?
Good wood (more than 350 years)with ugly line,  or young wood with even straighteat line.
joris
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2008 at 11:07am
NightyKnight: Sorry for the late reply. Only just logged on. I checked all my Darker and Kokutaku blades. All of them have shimmers on the faces but in varying degree. As for the side, if you look from an angle, there is also a shimmer. I think the shimmer is stronger when the wood color is darker compared to the paler wood. Anyway, I don't think they apply any sealer on the wood. I say that because I always sand all over the blade before I put on the rubber. I just sanded my Darker Shake and the same shimmer is there. If the shimmer is due to a sealant, then that shimmer should be gone after I sanded it.

Grubbafan: I put Tenergy 2.1mm on the FH and 1.9mm on the BH for my brother-in-law. All I can say is every time he smashes or loop the ball, it always bring a big grin on his face. The smash is really fast now plus it gives out this really loud 'smack' sound. Lovely. And he told me he really like the feel. Personally, I have tried Tenergy on all my hinoki blades and so far, I am convinced Tenergy is my rubber.

Cheers.

grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2008 at 10:41am
Wow, some of you guys have quite a number of one-ply hinoki blades!

I have several blades, but so far I have only two one-ply blades, which are Darker Hinoki Shake Speed90 (as seen in my earlier post) and Butterfly Cypress-S (which I bought 6 years ago, but I don't know where I put it. Should be somewhere in my house. LOL! LOL )

I'm still undecided on what rubbers to place on the Darker blade. Any suggestions? My favorite rubbers are Butterfly Tenergy 05 and Palio AK47, but I thought of testing other rubbers too.

Btw, I noticed some of you guys (i.e. fattchoi, mithrra) placed Butterfly Tenergy 05 on the Darker Hinoki Shake Speed90 blade. Does the rubber plays well on the blade?

Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

Can't remember seeing this product before.  Maybe I will give it a try sometimes.  Thx, GK.

Try Walmart or Target.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 7:12pm

Can't remember seeing this product before.  Maybe I will give it a try sometimes.  Thx, GK.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2008 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Nice blade.  Just a very light/thin coat of Polyurethane should do it.  Just do one side first.  This way when it's dried you can try to bounce a ball on it and compare it to the unsealed side of the blade.  It will give you an idea on how much it has changed by a light coat of PU.  I use sanding sealer now instead of PU to seal my blades.
GK - What is considered sanding sealer?  Is there a particular brand that you used?  I sealed my Clipper Wood (3 layers) and did notice that the rubbers do not stick as well as it should.  No big deal, I will sand the surface a tiny bit and that should fix the problem.

I use Minwax Sanding sealer, see picture below.  It leaves the surface that is not as smooth as PU, so it makes gluing easier for me.

TSP Dynam 10.5mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic