FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Blowing the Ball: Legal Strategy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guru_x View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guru_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blowing the Ball: Legal Strategy?
    Posted: 05/07/2008 at 2:22pm
For those of you who have seen Chen Xinhua carry the ball from his side of the table to his opponent's side by using his mouth to blow upwards on it, is this a legal strategy?
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 2:41pm
Blowing the ball is half the reason I got myself a g/f.
But seriously, regardless of it's legal  or not . . . it's disgusting . . . almost as bad as the players who lick their rubbers during a match.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 2:45pm
yeh...cause their breath of air, is filled with disgusting germs and stuff they ate  last night.

would u want sheep stomach on ur balls?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

EvolutionTTC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvolutionTTC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Blowing the ball is half the reason I got myself a g/f.
But seriously, regardless of it's legal  or not . . . it's disgusting . . . almost as bad as the players who lick their rubbers during a match.

If I had ever seen someone lick their paddle I would have walked of the damn game. I don't need to have stuff he ate on the ball that I will touch.
esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 5:03pm
seriously, what's with all these creepy tactics? what happened to just hitting the ball with a racket?
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 8:30pm
There are pics online/YouTube that show guys breathing, licking, etc. It's horrible. I reserve the right to toss my paddle or my cookies in their direction.
phantagarow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantagarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:10pm
Doesn't Ma Lin breath on the ball at the beginning of everygame? Maybe he plays better with a warm ball...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:21pm
Yeahr, we all play better with warm balls, but keep it private!
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Yeahr, we all play better with warm balls, but keep it private!

LOL
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 9:27pm
You've spent so much time and effort into getting that perfect combo, that "holy grail", and then you don't use it?!

Wink
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 9:59pm
I blow on the ball to remove dust if it has rolled across a dirty mat or nearby carpet. I also wipe the ball on my shorts to remove sweat(usally not mine).
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by tabl10s tabl10s wrote:

I blow on the ball to remove dust if�it has�rolled across a dirty mat or nearby carpet. I also wipe the ball on my shorts to remove sweat(usally not mine).

When you say "not mine" are you referring to shorts or sweat? :-).
tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2008 at 10:46pm
Sweat.
autopro1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autopro1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 3:04am
all of you are wrong, blowing the ball is because the brand new ball contains a lot of powder and will stick to the rubber, that's the reason why all the pro players blow on the brand new ball.

you guys are all dumb sh*t!
hope you all have a good day!
any more dumb questions, please post it again.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 3:13am
dude calm down, say it in a more formal way please. we r not dumb, we table tennis buddies who enquire about a topic and anyone who knows about it, please say it, but to say this in such an arrogant manner...well...that surely is offensive
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

esnift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esnift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 3:17am
Originally posted by autopro1988 autopro1988 wrote:

all of you are wrong, blowing the ball is because the brand new ball contains a lot of powder and will stick to the rubber, that's the reason why all the pro players blow on the brand new ball.

you guys are all dumb sh*t!
hope you all have a good day!
any more dumb questions, please post it again.

wow what a horribly offensive person.
first you apparently didn't read the original post because the question isn't about why a person blows on a ball before a serve, and i'm pretty sure the question was asked in jest.
second, do you really believe that the people you are talking to have never played with a new ball? honestly kid, learn yourself some manners.
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2008 at 3:44am
Moderator(s) ban him...please.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic